Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
disable motion blur
I turn that garbage off in every game. Gives me a headache. :argh:
I've never understood the hard-on publishers/designers/producers(?) have for these settings (bloom/motion blur/depth of field/etc) which obscure and muddy the art assets that they have spent $10 million to produce.

Especially when they come at a performance hit and character motion/eye movement create the same effect with less eye strain.

They're trying to hide shitty graphics and animations behind that.

Quillon

Arcane
disable motion blur
I turn that garbage off in every game. Gives me a headache. :argh:
I've never understood the hard-on publishers/designers/producers(?) have for these settings (bloom/motion blur/depth of field/etc) which obscure and muddy the art assets that they have spent $10 million to produce.

Especially when they come at a performance hit and character motion/eye movement create the same effect with less eye strain.

They're trying to hide shitty graphics and animations behind that.

Yeah especially with bloom. Best example: Bloomshock Infinitebloom.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Might be the best comment I found on YouTube in regards to Mass Effect: Andromeda:
"I am personally not buying it because I think the game looks a lot like a big pile of garbage. The RPG elements of modern RGP's are basically nonexistence. Until the RPG comes back into it, I will not buy it. I also won't be buying Elder Scrolls 6, or Fallout 5. RPGs are my favorite genre and modern video game companies are turning them into nothing more than action adventures with stealth elements. As long as they make crap, I won't buy it."

:mrpresident:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The difference AFAIK is that NWN2 has actual gameplay while ME:A doesn't
Everything, including ME:A, has better gameplay than NWN2. This game is an abomination.
Nah. Sure, the camera sucks... and the animations are terrible.
Still, it's running DnD 3.5 edition ruleset, which is pretty awesome. Also you've got full party control, so there's that.
It's not great, but not bad either. And the expansions and some player created modules are pretty neat. MotB is widely known. But I have also greatly enjoyed Mysteries of Westgate. Storm of Zehir tried to do some interesting things. It didn't exactly suceed, but it was an interesting spin on the gameplay formula.
Overall it's a very underappreciated game, which is full of potential. As opposed to this... trainwreck here.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The reasoning of Bioware fans is surreal...

• Only 6 companions = its quality over quantity, i never liked other characters in ME series anyways;
  • No paragon renegade = now its like Game of Thrones, or real life, shades of grey everywhere, game is basically greyscaled now;
  • Remove ability to change companion armors and equipment = i never changed anything in DA and ME anyways, companions are now more iconic 100% of the time, ill buy the companion armor DLC anyways, to support indie developer Bioware;
  • Remove ability to give companion commands = i never ordered them to do anything anyhow, Bioware programmed Skynet AI anyways, i heard we can only play single player campaign offline, so the AI doesn't escape unto the interweb
  • Silly animations = its now more real, look at how real Ryder runs, i bet they used Andy Serkis, good damn those apes looked real.
  • Ugly character faces / hair = They aren't ugly, they are diverse like real life, i wonder how their sweat tastes like.

sullynathan

Arcane
The first two are non issues. The first mass effect which Codexers here actually like only had 6 companions after all.

Paragon and renegade was always shit anyway.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher

• Remove ability to give companion commands = i never ordered them to do anything anyhow, Bioware programmed Skynet AI anyways, i heard we can only play single player campaign offline, so the AI doesn't escape unto the interweb

Have I got this right...have to rely on dumb ally AI to overload enemies shield, but not when I want to?

RPGMasterLvl2

Novice
no, wait.
no more paragon/renegade? i know it was stupid and made little sense but it was really the only reason to play the games more than once.

oh my, this is going to make fallout 4 look like an immortal masterpiece.
You can pick from 4 emotional 'stances', I assume as a result of someone at Bioware getting around to playing Alpha Protocol.

It's more likely they played FIFA 17 which has the same emotional stances in their story mode. Better animations than BioWare, too.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

• Only 6 companions = its quality over quantity, i never liked other characters in ME series anyways;
  • No paragon renegade = now its like Game of Thrones, or real life, shades of grey everywhere, game is basically greyscaled now;
  • Remove ability to change companion armors and equipment = i never changed anything in DA and ME anyways, companions are now more iconic 100% of the time, ill buy the companion armor DLC anyways, to support indie developer Bioware;
  • Silly animations = its now more real, look at how real Ryder runs, i bet they used Andy Serkis, good damn those apes looked real.
  • Ugly character faces / hair = They aren't ugly, they are diverse like real life, i wonder how their sweat tastes like.
You are going a little too far here, only extreme fans are speaking this bullshit.
Actaully, I'd say such people are bioware employees which take care of marketing in internet. Mostly on Reddit, they are paid nicely for this. "Image of Product"

By the way, why do you say we can't give companions commands? I've seen on videos moments when player target place where he sens companion, exactly as in ME2 or ME3

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
w6jeUUR.png

The guy on the left is supposed to wield a weapon :lol:

donkeymong

Scholar

You are going a little too far here, only extreme fans are speaking this bullshit.
Actaully, I'd say such people are bioware employees which take care of marketing in internet. Mostly on Reddit, they are paid nicely for this. "Image of Product"

By the way, why do you say we can't give companions commands? I've seen on videos moments when player target place where he sens companion, exactly as in ME2 or ME3

You cant command them to use a specific power anymore. Bioware also removed the possibility to gave them other armor and weapons then those they have at the start of the game.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I'm also noticing that Bioware gave human features to their faces, but they didn't use differnt models, like they did with the Asari, so....they all look the same.

Padzi

Arbiter
Listening to narration at the beginning I thought "Hell yeah, barbarians in space", but later the rest of the emotional cluster fuck came in.

By the way:

VnsoNqY.png

source - http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34833&Title=Mass+Effect%u2122:+Andromeda

Sensual carasses, sexual moaning and hip gyrations.
With Bioware outstanding animation skills this will be hilarious.
Also sex cards would've been better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom