Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Would you be interested in a remastered version of the Unofficial Arcanum Patch?

Severian Silk

Lionheart is so SPECIAL it rides on the short bus.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
fuck guys im so wasted right now

what am i doing with my life

i was a small boy once sitting on a sidewalk basking in the sunlight, having all those dreams

where did it all gobwrong

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Drog Black Tooth Stop wasting time on these half-assed fixes. You know what must be fixed to escalate Arcanum into decent combat territory.

1) If possible, remove real time mode altogether, making turn-based mandatory.
2) Have combat start the moment enemy aggros, similar to Fallout 1/2. By default, the combat starts only when you manually start it or when the enemy is attacking, which either disadvantages ranged attackers or forces a real time component into turn based combat (making the player quickly initiate combat manually).
3) Combat balance changes: Nerf retarded spells (Disintegrate, Harm, Mass Stasis, etc) to where they actually work, make throwing cost Action Points, nerf melee attacks, buff guns. Change enemy immunities, eg golems. Balance combat values to encourage and reward cc, spell/ability/weapon variety, and tactics.
4) Make fewer sensational statements to allow more time for the steps above.

There is a mod for the UAP that does most of what you are stating called Equilibrium. I was impressed when I played it with combat and all the changes he made (pretty significant changes to magic and all combat related stuff) but I can't get Arcanum to work right and the farther I get into it the more issues come up. Crashes all the time, everyone (even my party) aggros me when I reload. Save scuming to pick pockets is impossible, etc. If you are running a system and OS that can handle Arcanum well try it out - I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
fuck guys im so wasted right now

what am i doing with my life

i was a small boy once sitting on a sidewalk basking in the sunlight, having all those dreams

where did it all gobwrong

4P1UX40.png

Get it together Drog!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom