Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera Released

Tao

Savant
Finished the game and i'm still waiting to see a game at all. It's like a tech demo with A LOT of useless text mixed with some sparks of great quality here and there (in texts, quest, companions, etc) with some nice ideas but a great lack of cohesion and consistency overall in everything. You can see that something went very wrong in the development because the game feels very rushed, incompleted and mediocre. It also has alpha/beta kind of bugs :S

All the years of bad news and speculations here in Codex about the development of the game were proven right to my despear and dreams.

A pity.

kolton

Novice
Finished the game and i'm still waiting to see a game at all. It's like a tech demo with A LOT of useless text mixed with some sparks of great quality here and there (in texts, quest, companions, etc) with some nice ideas but a great lack of cohesion and consistency overall in everything. You can see that something went very wrong in the development because the game feels very rushed, incompleted and mediocre. It also has alpha/beta kind of bugs :S

All the years of bad news and speculations here in Codex about the development of the game were proven right to my despear and dreams.

A pity.

One again we're getting blue-balled by only getting a glimpse of what could have been.
I'm not too happy with the writing either. Lots of useless filler. And sometimes it just makes you want to claw your eyes out. It doesn't make the good parts stand out and shine, it smothers them.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Could it be that SWJs are just useless/entitled kiddies that suck at everything and if you want quality except for writing you need to relocate to eu/asia?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, the great writing in games from eu/asia such as...
ranceF.png

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Could it be that SWJs are just useless/entitled kiddies that suck at everything and if you want quality except for writing you need to relocate to eu/asia?

Except for writing you yuo... ...oh, Iraneus.

ranceF.png

200.gif

But yeah, clinical morons should stick together or else they might get lost.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
But yeah, clinical morons should stick together or else they might get lost.
Oh my gawd! Someone who is both Fire and Death considers me to be a moron!:badnews:
Newsflash: You're a moron independently of what I think.
BTW, best riposte so far.
Sengoku Rance is seriously better game than it has any right to be in rational universe (isn't it lucky that we don't live in one of those).
Serious strategy, serious C&C, lots of well written characters and all that in some obscure japanese eroge game.
Its only fault is that it you have to savescum in it imore than I'm comfortable with to succeed.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Since most of the 'faults' are writing wise, I thought it would be the easiest thing to address and hopefully they keep at it

Easy?

The first 20 hours of the game are absolute rubbish. Basically it'd require a rewrite.

I guess it is a good thing there is barely any voice acting, modders can fix it r000fles!

Tigranes

Arcane
Just reached the Bloom.

I really like Erritis. Probably the only important character that is written well - the rest tend to be scattered minor NPCs. The big ones often have potential but turn out really awkwardly, like Inifere, who reads like an actor trying to do the tormented soul thing but only read his lines while eating his mcnuggets that morning.

I've only had like 5 crises as a persuadefag, but here's a thing - weren't they supposed to be not straight up combat but often combining a bunch of challenges? They sort of did it here and there, but the only really nice one that shows effort was Miel Avest (which gets points for effort, but not necessarily for how fun or tense it is, because it isn't, really).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom