Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where is Darth Roxor's review about T:ToN? The shilling never ends

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Only fools don't rock Winamp.

Wait, what thread am I in?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This thread is EXCELLENT!

See, I was looking for a way to rip streams into .mp3 files, something WINAMP used to be able to easily do, but which now I can't find as a function in any player I tried. I don't mean save it as a single .mp3, but as separate ones, one for each song played. But thanks to this thread I downloaded some ancient 2004 Winamp and it's working with Streamripper without a problem. I can't believe I had to go back in time 13 years to perform this simple function.

Look at this shit! Works like a charm!

f2298b506c867c6cfa9f5779d32fa63c.png

Does any modern player do this? Because I sure haven't been able to find out with Jewgle.

Last edited:

Zetor

Arcane
Winamp v2.0 with OG fallout skin or no sale.

That said, I've just been using xmplay because the tracker (mod, s3m, xm, etc) plugins for winamp kinda sucked back then. Now that mpt is a thing, though, winamp may have become Great Again...

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Winamp was great, but doesn't work well with *.cue, checked all plugins available but had to move to aimp eventually.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Damn, the whole atmosphere around TToN is so sad that it can't even maintain a drama thread.

Anyway, Winamp FTW. Its layout just rocks and it has all the addons and customization I need.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yeah no bully Winamp. Numa's shitty graphics are more in the line with those of Galactic Civilizations II.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
but i've already posted my review of tton

altho for some reason it didnt make it to the front page

So the last time Darth Roxor was trying to inform players about PoE, (((some people))) here tried to sabotage him behind the scenes. I hope the same thing will not repeat again, because that would not only be embarassing, but would also make things worse.

FTFY!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Does any modern player do this? Because I sure haven't been able to find out with Jewgle.

That is because you are reactionary counterrevolutionary scum who does not appreciate the glory of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Instead of another Numenera review I would prefer Planescape: Torment Retrospective Review instead. We have shitty Bethesda games retrospective reviews but not even one P:T one? Decline.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
PS:T has been discussed to death already
Not on Codex, most threads about P:T here are either retarded (example 1, example 2, although there are many more stupid ones than #2) or shitty (example 1, example 2) and there are maybe 30, very short threads about it overall. One PoE thread has like 50 times more posts than all of them combined. It has never been discussed in depth here and I haven't seen one review that would do justice to this game, but it's no wonder, I can't think of an RPG more difficult to review (so Prime Junta reviewing it is out of the question, besides Darth Roxor and grotsnik maybe Ludo Lense, felipepepe or Tigranes could manage that - out the top of my head).

Anyway, the main reason why there's not much discussion about P:T is because it's a relic and most people don't remember much and have only a vague memory of it (usually a pleasant one). So when there appears a thread about it only a couple of users will reply since the rest can't recall the details. Due to its age it hasn't been discussed here when it came out (DarkUnderlord was still innocent then and there was no RPG Codex), and hasn't been discussed much in more recent times because users prefer to play new titles rather than replaying old classics.

But posting a P:T review after Numenera was released would definitely bring some interesting discussion. Interesting also to developers who could learn why P:T is so much better than TToN.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom