Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Avellone was the only person at obsidian with any imagination and creativity tho.
I agree, although now they have Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky so hopefully we'll get something better than bland PoE or Tyranny (which are worse than Torment IMO).

Prime Junta

Yeah, but it's not a narrative thing. I always wondered about the attributes though, can you go so high in the Planescape PnP? 20+ is almost always illegal in AD&D, let alone 25.

It's AD&D. You can do whatever the fuck you like. Houserules for great victory

(Officially? If you're playing a Human? No.)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The Planescape: Torment trinity was: Chris Avellone, David Maldonado, and Colin McComb. You can also add Monte Cook in there, since he helped create the Planescape setting.

Wasn't it David Cook who created Planescape?

Yes, but Monte Cook contributed a lot to its development afterwards.

Yeah but its still too much of hassle for me to go through, I bet the reward for completing the quest will be meaningless too.

Dunno, if you mean material rewards (items and shit) then pretty much. Most items are meaningless in this game.

If you leave some drones alive, but de-activated, you get better rewards.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But maybe I can do CHA + Chaotic + joining revolutionary league. I never managed that.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Yeah, but it's not a narrative thing. I always wondered about the attributes though, can you go so high in the Planescape PnP? 20+ is almost always illegal in AD&D, let alone 25.

TNO is immortal. That's narrative enough to justify troll regen and titan strength.

Nahel

Arcane
Even if I expected nothing from Inxile it is still sad. I backed this before requesting a refund (not willing to pay 65 $ to get blacklisted and have a console port). But the whole kickstarter dream died a little. It is ironic that medium sized companies can't be trusted anymore and are not better than AAA publishers. I mean with all the technological progress, we can't even have games half as good as BG2 and Planescape Torment. The only hope is in small companies, which gave us AOD, Battle Brothers and the rest. POE 2 might change that, but POE was really dull at release so I can't even get hyped anymore.
TLDR: fuck you for ruining my hopes Inxile.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, did you know that you can gain up to 9 points of wisdom during the playthrough of Planetescape: Tournament? (I mean, without level up points)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
My first PST character maxed out CON.

It's pretty badass tanking without armor. TNO can get 25 strength, 3 ApR and 25 con at lvl12. It's like, "Look, just gimme the Hammer of Comminution and point me to a Black Abishai".

I mean that high CON doesn't contribute to the narrative as much (or at all) as the mental stats.

Never really bothered me.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Shit, I checked Dan Simpson's excellent walkthrough and it seems that charisma is not so useful after all. Only Nordom and Ravel make a difference. And Vhalior/Fjull also I guess but not so important. I guess I didn't miss so much by never investing in charisma.
There is a pretty big quest on Sigil catacombs that has an ending gated by a charisma check too.

t

Arcane
Patron
There is a pretty big quest on Sigil catacombs that has an ending gated by a charisma check too.
Ah, true. I never saw that dead fucker, not counting the times I killed everyone (but reloaded so it doesn't count).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"We have bug fixes and other improvements planned too." posted by sea on inXile forum.
Damage control. There's no small fixes to Tides of Numenera that is going to fix it. It needs a considerable overhaul and content expansion about equal to.. well.. an actual expansion. At best, they'll do something to speed up combat, but the problem isn't that things aren't zipping around the screen fast enough, it's that the combat is slow and sluggish as shit.

hexer

Everything's fine

Zu1Uivq.png

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What are they going to do? Advertise the shitty reviews from players?

Would be like putting a "3/10, wtf is this shit?" rating on the front of the box.

hexer

The first step towards fixing the problem, is acknowledging its existence.
Sadly, I don't see them doing it.

They're stuck in the 90s when press reviews had more influence over gamers purchasing decisions.
Today, players reviews are the king.
I don't give a damn about some bribed journalist's one page 9/10 review.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom