Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Moink

Cipher
9953d403e1.jpg

Seems to be at a steady :decline: as well

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Metacritic user score is 7.3 for the PC version with only 190 votes so far. 90k+ backers and nobody has an opinion - WTF?

Both console versions combined hold about 20% of total MC votes, as expected. Nobody in their right mind will play a text-heavy isometric CRPG on console. It's typical inXile. A handful of console kids is a great reason to ruin the game and lose hundreds of thousands of potential PC customers.

Most reviewers complain the game is not RTwP.
PS:T was an RTwP game whether you like it or not.

bataille

Arcane
How many dones quixotes does a game need?

Enough for them to engage in conversations and bless each other to get out and slay fire-breathing numenera.
Tides_Of_Numenera_2017_03_08_11_40_19_23.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
AoD has a very consistent aesthetic throughout.

For me, it immersed me more than torment, which looked like a lifeless theme park.

Consistency is key in every art form. That's what makes you suspend your disbelief. Otherwise, jarring changes in style jolt you out of the experience.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They are generic people. :M
You mean they are very good portraits done by a competent artist. Yes, I agree.
They look very good as regular people (well with the exception of the glowing eyed one), but visually they are generic. Of course AoD being more grounded, I didn't expect rainbow colored portraits.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They look very good as regular people (well with the exception of the glowing eyed one), but visually they are generic. Of course AoD being more grounded, I didn't expect rainbow colored portraits.
Honestly, the TTON portraits are also regular people, just with some colors on top and weird hairstyles. Not sure what your point is.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, the TTON portraits are also regular people, just with some colors on top and weird hairstyles. Not sure what your point is.
My point is that the TTON ones look more unique.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
PST combat wasn't even that bad (from a bigger perspective on the game as a whole).

TTON combat sucks because of the implemenation of it, not because its TB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Torment/comments/5y7ymi/i_want_more/deo0iqj/
ColinMcComb said:
You want more? Drop us a kind review on Steam and convince others to buy the game. ;)

(but seriously, we're glad you like it)
;)

I am torned about this; not sure if this flops hard as it seems it will be good for future games.

:negative:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I guess not so hard to make 6 unique portraits as opposed to 50. Also, just put different color in the background. Anyway, fair enough, I agree.

Parabalus

Arcane

Just how bad is mixed on steam? The possible ratings are:

• Overwhelmingly Positive
  • Very Positive
  • Positive
  • Mostly Positive
  • Mixed
  • Mostly Negative
  • Negative
For comparison, some example RPGs which weren't praised highly on the 'Dex but have a very positive rating:

A mixed rating puts it into the same basket as Blackguards 2 - which was almost universally blasted, especially in comparison to the first one.

InXile truly outdid themselves on this one.

t

Arcane
Patron
Honestly, guys, why is this game flopping so hard?

The reviews were fine, especially the PC ones. I think overall they were better than the ones for Wasteland 2. The game had a lot of publicity behind it, clearly more than Wasteland as well.

So what seems to be the problem? Is it the weirdness of the setting? Is it isometric RPG fatigue? I'm really hesitant to say it's codex shitstorm that made much of a difference.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

These people are all unique with their diverse and personal quirks:

homens-e1347382625816.jpg

These regular people have that uniform look some of you seem to dislike:

SS-TROOPS-ON-PARADE-2.jpg

What do you think?

Sentinel

Arcane
Honestly, guys, why is this game flopping so hard?

The reviews were fine, especially the PC ones. I think overall they were better than the ones for Wasteland 2. The game had a lot of publicity behind it, clearly more than Wasteland as well.

So what seems to be the problem? Is it the weirdness of the setting? Is it isometric RPG fatigue? I'm really hesitant to say it's codex shitstorm that made much of a difference.
Because it's shit. And boring. And because every companion is a human.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom