Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Oculus pays for Bard's Tale VR though. And that's definitely not bullshit because it's Oculus exclusive.

They have zero reason to make it exclusive unless this :takemyjewgold: happened.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
  • All of the maps are extremely small and full of clicky points of interest, so be prepared to play with the tab always pressed, its a terrible design decision and the game devolves into running between clicky things like a fucking adventure game.

FFS, Pillars of Eternity had a highlight toggle (disabled by default for some reason) despite a much lower budget. :negative:

Underrail could have used a highlight toggle as well, but that was a garage operation, I'm willing to cut Styg some slack. Not these overfunded dummies.

But this damn thing is so incredibly pat.

Sounds very Shadowrun Returns. That was a mobile game. What's inXile's excuse?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
LOL, blaming the world's #1 Tim Cain fanclub for Troika going broke.

And yeah, you got us: we only like Planescape: Torment because it's actually a JRPG and has those sweet Final Fantasy summon animations.

Well, seeing how you admittedly still play with toys, how old were you when Troika closed? I'm sure you remember all their releases like yesterday.

Oh yeah, you said pokemon had better combat than WL2. My little boy is a pokemon master and plays, loves, and understands all their games (and dragon ball, and all little kid shit like that). He is not able to make a party in WL2. He is not able to understand what the stasts do. He is not able to understand what the skills do. He is not able to understand what the feat/perks do. He is not able to win at the most simple of combats. He is not able to understand the concept of character development in a non-Asian game way (getting to know your pokemon's personalities).

Honestly, I think you disliked WL2 because it stands for everything you are against - a real crpg versus kid brainless kid shit.

And, PST was attacked by fucking children like you when it came out. Hell, I didn't like it because the combat was complete mindless shit but I never attacked it.

Whereas you and your kind of brainless game loving retards were sucking all over the cock of such timeless master pieces as Dungeon Siege while shitting over ToEE for having a couple bugs and not having RTwP combat and being too complicated and not having a fully recruitable party but forced you to think and make a decent party to do well, etc. Then shitting all over Bloodlines for the same nonsensicle bullshit. And this is after all you fucking retards pirated the hell out of Arcanum without even thinking of buying it and trashing the shit out of it. All because you really love rpgs.

It would be nice if retarded kids stopped revising history to fit with their oh-so-hip I post on an rpg site and I am a big shot internal narrative.

You are just a kid with shit taste and fucked up chromosomes. Fuck you. Fuck your toys. Fuck your pokemon. Fuck your Zelda. Fuck your whore mother for raising a man-child. And fuck all of your revisionist histories.

P.S. I know I said I wouldn't be back to this thread but I hate this fucking nobody piece of shit enough to break my word. I just want to kick him in his down-syndromey face until there isn't one.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oculus pays for Bard's Tale VR though. And that's definitely not bullshit because it's Oculus exclusive.

They have zero reason to make it exclusive unless this :takemyjewgold: happened.

Right, but the Oculus userbase is fucking zero relatively speaking 400k units sold in total and any game is going to scrape a small percentage of that, so the chances of tail end sales off that is absolutely. They'll maybe break even on the Oculus deal if Fargo signed a tight contract with Oculus full on funding the development expecting the game to fail, but if he signed a loose contract to subsidise Bard's Tale 4 filled with sales incentives and not upfront advances because he got blinkered by the amazingness of the experience like Feargus and Obsidian haven't he could still get fucked.

Honestly the nature of AAA gaming is that he'll unfortunately have a some residual Wasteland sales money left over if that game sells 300-500k because sequel, and he'll keep the ball rolling in some capacity and we'll have to confront his facial features as he goes onto stupider and lower budget mediocre business adventures. All I can say is I hope Shenmue and Castlevania kick on so that there's a few more Kickstarter success stories, and Obsidian builds up a base of Star Citizen style whales with FIG investor engagement to fund their future projects.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
He is not able to make a party in WL2. He is not able to understand what the stasts do. He is not able to understand what the skills do. He is not able to understand what the feat/perks do. He is not able to win at the most simple of combats. He is not able to understand the concept of character development in a non-Asian game way (getting to know your pokemon's personalities).
I'm sorry you have a retarded kid bro, didn't know that kind of thing was hereditary.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
He is not able to make a party in WL2. He is not able to understand what the stasts do. He is not able to understand what the skills do. He is not able to understand what the feat/perks do. He is not able to win at the most simple of combats. He is not able to understand the concept of character development in a non-Asian game way (getting to know your pokemon's personalities).
I'm sorry you have a retarded kid bro, didn't know that kind of thing was hereditary.

I'm sorry you are a retarded kid bro. My kid is seven. What is your excuse? Your whore mother couldn't keep a man around long enough to teach you how to be semi-normal?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Probably wasn't an "oh shit nobody bought early access better slash features and change development from 7 years to 5 years," moment, game was already in trouble at that point I bet.

More likely they just pissed the budget up against the wall and have millions of dollars of cut content and they had to semi-relaunch development multiple times because it was a fucking travesty 2012-2015 with Adam Heinz doing bumfuck something and Colin McComb doing bumfuck something. Left hand not talking to right hand and making hours of quests for areas that were never made and vice versa, and they didn't tell us about it.

Eventually they took a long hard look at the game, started slashing areas, and released an Early Access for emergency funds that was the third of the game they'd already done and made it seem like it was 1/5th of the game instead of literally a third. They must have had the entire team pouring everything into Sagus cliffs to get it as good as it was(n't) for the Early Access, that area was super complete for that time period, so much so that they must have hit the breaks and had the entire team work on what would become the first third of the game to polish it up.

It's quite possible it was already in development hell, and EA sales were just a breaking point.

I mean this entire thing is just absolutely bizarre. For a while they behave like a company that's doing great financially, they make superoptimistic updates about game getting even bigger (Bloom+Gullets), at some point during production they even went and expanded into another location for god's sake. And from what I understand first available beta had some features that are now missing, right? Then suddenly Edward Scissorhands becomes a Lead Designer.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Obsidian builds up a base of Star Citizen style whales with FIG investor engagement to fund their future projects.
Wasn't there a clause concerning FIG investments, that FIG may move funds from one project to another one?
Which opens up the possibility that one or two projects that burn too much money might pull the whole house of cards down.
Or am I misremembering things?

Habbonovio

Educated

I'm sorry you are a retarded kid bro. My kid is seven. What is your excuse? Your whore mother couldn't keep a man around long enough to teach you how to be semi-normal?

Why are you taking pride in being a grown-up but acting like a whiny bitch with anger management issues?

Stop eating all the bait, dude.

inb4:
01f.jpg

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how big a disappointment is this particular nostalgia-driven money-grab? :M

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Well, seeing how you admittedly still play with toys, how old were you when Troika closed? I'm sure you remember all their releases like yesterday.

Oh yeah, you said pokemon had better combat than WL2. My little boy is a pokemon master and plays, loves, and understands all their games (and dragon ball, and all little kid shit like that). He is not able to make a party in WL2. He is not able to understand what the stasts do. He is not able to understand what the skills do. He is not able to understand what the feat/perks do. He is not able to win at the most simple of combats. He is not able to understand the concept of character development in a non-Asian game way (getting to know your pokemon's personalities).

Honestly, I think you disliked WL2 because it stands for everything you are against - a real crpg versus kid brainless kid shit.

And, PST was attacked by fucking children like you when it came out. Hell, I didn't like it because the combat was complete mindless shit but I never attacked it.

Whereas you and your kind of brainless game loving retards were sucking all over the cock of such timeless master pieces as Dungeon Siege while shitting over ToEE for having a couple bugs and not having RTwP combat and being too complicated and not having a fully recruitable party but forced you to think and make a decent party to do well, etc. Then shitting all over Bloodlines for the same nonsensicle bullshit. And this is after all you fucking retards pirated the hell out of Arcanum without even thinking of buying it and trashing the shit out of it. All because you really love rpgs.

It would be nice if retarded kids stopped revising history to fit with their oh-so-hip I post on an rpg site and I am a big shot internal narrative.

You are just a kid with shit taste and fucked up chromosomes. Fuck you. Fuck your toys. Fuck your pokemon. Fuck your Zelda. Fuck your whore mother for raising a man-child. And fuck all of your revisionist histories.

P.S. I know I said I wouldn't be back to this thread but I hate this fucking nobody piece of shit enough to break my word. I just want to kick him in his down-syndromey face until there isn't one.
Now that's just mean.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Eventually they took a long hard look at the game, started slashing areas, and released an Early Access for emergency funds that was the third of the game they'd already done and made it seem like it was 1/5th of the game instead of literally a third. They must have had the entire team pouring everything into Sagus cliffs to get it as good as it was(n't) for the Early Access, that area was super complete for that time period, so much so that they must have hit the breaks and had the entire team work on what would become the first third of the game to polish it up.

That's the best conspiracy theory hypothesis I read until now. Indeed, it does look like half the game was a big "fuck it! I don't give a fuck about these idiots because popamole graphics will bring me millions".

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Am watching the videos posted on the Kickstarter. Holy fucking shit they look better than what's in the actual game. This one for example. It has actual lighting. The Bloom interior actually looks weird and dark and foreboding.

What in the name of all that is holy happened here?

It is a mystery...

latest

Using the Angry Metal Guy rating system (the best system ever invented), how do you rate TTON:

• Rating System
    5.0 - Perfect
    4.5 - Excellent
    4.0 - Great
    3.5 - Very Good
    3.0 - Good
    2.5 - Mixed
    2.0 - Disappointing
    1.5 - Bad
    1.0 - Embarrassing
    0.5 - Pathetic
    0.0 - Worthless

1.0 0.5
I take it that's as neutral-positive as you can be? :M

Ivan

Arcane
how do you open the Twisted Metal Merecaster? I've completed the Engless Gate quest and have Inifere chilling in the labyrinth. Bug?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Bloom is easily the most engrossing place I have seen in this type of game in at least a decade. I don't know if all the negativity is coming from the fact that people just gave up on the game already in Sagus, or if it goes to shit so badly after the Bloom.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Bloom is easily the most engrossing place I have seen in this type of game in at least a decade. I don't know if all the negativity is coming from the fact that people just gave up on the game already in Sagus, or if it goes to shit so badly after the Bloom.
Bloom *is* pretty good except quests in it aren't designed well. It is mysterious and fascinating enough to have inspired quite a few good ones.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Speaking of Shadowrun Returns, I think they admitted that they gone way too crazy with the scope of the game and were way lenient with themselves, they had to cut 75% of the content because they would blow the budget up way before they would be able to implement all that. They even had to take a loan to make the Matrix because that was too much of a core concept to cut. It was too much to make the game moddable too, that required so much from coders that they didn't have enough time to implement the stealth system for example.

Later, they hired a producer to whip them back in line every time they got day dreaming, chosen a hub area instead of travelling all around on a city where they didn't have the budget to do and focused more on the missions, on the shadowruns. Result was DragonFall and Hong Kong.

Keeping in mind that DragonFall was made with the money from Shadowrun returns as an apology relaunch being free for anyone that bought Shadowrun Returns and as it wasn't on kickstarter, they didn't need to follow stretch goals. On Hong Kong too, they were way more careful with stretch goals.

While you can excuse InXile for going too crazy for their own good and justify the cuts, however, that can't justify the awful content that actually IS in the game as plenty other games suffer ALOT of cuts, some games have the entire ending of the game cut (Kotor 2), Planescape Torment suffered major cuts on the Kurst area and has a rushed ending because of that, Bloodlines had an ending where it became a mediocre shooter because of cuts and plenty of other codexian favorites passed through major cuts and development hell.

NumaNuma cuts aren't the normal kind of cuts you expect from a normal project and even on troubled projects, we are speaking of cuts so severe that entire companions were cut of their personality and interactivity, so much content was cut that entire areas of the game are composed of filler small interactions instead of proper quests what reeks of gigantic cut content, very low density of meaningful content. So much elements of the plot must had been cut that some revelations that happened later looked awful Deus Ex Machina that not only fall flat on their faces but jump from 100 floors up and splash dead on the ground.

We are speaking of a major fuck up here, a Descent on Undermountain kind of fuck up. It makes the dumb down facebook stronghold of PoE not look as an awful cut as it was.

If I were InXile, I would do as HBS did and relaunch the game. Sure, they maybe thinking it isn't a good idea to waste money on a game that bombed but they are risking bombing their entire reputation instead and no amount of oral sex from whores like Kotaku will avoid that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom