Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview RPG Codex Preview: No Truce With The Furies

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know a sane person who doesn't stereotype until he has information specific to the individual.

All the more a cop, who is accustomed to everyday communication with people who lie or use the truth selectively, or are trying to send him in the wrong direction. A real cop is a stereotyping machine. (go back to that book quote I posted)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aren't you all overthinking it? My immediate assumption was that they're calling it "Fascism" for the lulz.

I mean, come on. "So, what kind of music do you people listen to these days?" Big on-screen indicator with accompanying sound effect: "FASCISM +1". I'm laughing already.

Thanks, Infini, for fixing the link! Here´s also a pic you can zoom into a bit more:

notruce-pier-2560-2jpeg.jpg
Masterpiece!

Prime Junta

I mean, come on. "So, what kind of music do you people listen to these days?" Big on-screen indicator with accompanying sound effect: "FASCISM +1". I'm laughing already.

It's only funny if there's an element of truth to it though.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know a sane person who doesn't stereotype until he has information specific to the individual.
The question isn't "is it sane?" but "is it racism?"* The game extends this to "do racist thoughts tend to align with fascist thoughts?"**

*and as Cowboy Moment illustrates, it fundamentally is.
**the devs seem to think so. Oh no! A political statement!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Now, this one has an underlying assumption: that a group of people identified by their skin colour also share a taste in music. I.e., when you're asking this, you're no longer addressing the girl as an individual likely to have her own tastes in music, but as a member of an amorphous mass which all listens to the same kind of music. That assumption right there is ray-cist.

This statement is true only in a universe, where conception, notion of "people" or "tribes" and "race" doesn't exist at all.
In our universe there are people and tribes and races.
You know, Afghans doesn't have different tastes in music, they doesn't discuss who is better - Beyonce or Katy Perry, they only listen their tribal music, and you know - they live in tribes, today, in 21 century.
Also Gypsies doesn't have different music - they have their own music and their own way of life, that is quite different and is well recognized by anyone who had pleasure to meet them.
So, appeal to one person as a representative of a group has nothing to do with racism, Nazism and fascism, because for representative of one tribe or people person from different tribe is a person from different tribe first.
If we talk about Negros, as race they lived in openly tribalism just yesterday in historical and anthropological terms, and still they live like that, I think.
Everyone heard and agree that there are "black music" and "black culture" in general as a music and culture that bearing specific traits, widely recognized among all.
Different people, tribes and races do have different culture and tastes in music, entertainment etc.

For shits and giggles, substitute "white" for "black:"

"You're white."
"Yes."
"So, what kind of music do you people listen to these days?"

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

And the only reason it is true is that people of whte race are highly denationalized today, that's simple and obvious explanation. They are exposed to daily, yearly propaganda for decades.
Being a part of your own nation today presented as being fascist, racist and all bad words you know, but this propaganda strangely enough adressed only to whites.
That's why they hear different music, also globalisation serve that purpose.

Communists, or Liberals, or radical feminists can and do harbour fascist thoughts.

It is, like very broad generalisation.
In reality Communism, at least USSR type has nothing in common with Nazism, fascism etc, because you can't find any country where Communism coexisted with Nazism or fascism - they always fought with each other, which empirically indicate their opposites.
And in the same time if you do the same with Liberalism, you'll find inetersting results. But that's another long talk.

Fascism is founded around the idea of Blut und Boden; a big-N Nation, an essential, organic, and indivisible whole, an entity with its own characteristics, its own interests, its own historical destiny.
Nope, it is Nazism.
Nazism is a a special case of fascism, Nazism is about racial superiority, while fascism formulates as superiority of one group of people that share some trait over another or all other, no matter which trait it is - sex, race, sexual orientation, wealth, historical roots or something.
Feminism is a fascism e.g.
US theory about its historical superiority and "mission" to lead, specify the path etc. is a fascism too, but it is a long Anglo-Saxon political tradition.
Same with religion - whatever relegion teach that those who practice it are higher in some senses then other is fascistic religion.

Dividing people into such essential and indivisible nations isn't just incidental to Fascism, it's the foundation-stone upon which the whole edifice is built. So "what kind of music do you people listen to these days" is an inherently fascist thought, even if that thought alone is a long way from making you a Fascist.
Dividing people into such essential and indivisible nations is a natural way of thinking and usual common sense.
Also I don't get what you mean under "indivisible nations".

Bro, if negatively stereotyping a person based on their skin colour is not racism, then what is?
First what is negative stereotyping, and how you recognize it is negative or positive?
Also, stereotyping is a function of brain, it is a mechanism that help to proccess large portion of informaton or insufficient information, it is desgned for systematixation of surrounding world.
Stereotyping is great mechanism that help to make decisions fast with minimum mystakes.
So stereotyping is not racism.

We can conduct an experiment.
I'll give you 10 pictures of cat, and you will tell us what you see and what you think they like to eat, and what's like their behavior.
Then I'll call you rasics because you, well - using stereotypes! Maybe even the negative ones, I'm not sure yet.

Besides, the point here isn't even so much about the generalization, but rather that the PC sees a black person, and immediately categorizes them as "you people" based on their skin colour.
And how he must categorize it? As "we people"? White man?
Why categorazing based on skin color is wrong?

That is also pretty close to fundamentally racist
This conclusion have no logic in it.

The question isn't "is it sane?" but "is it racism?"*

This formulation is not correct.
It is a sane behavior of sane man, thus it can't be related to rasism.
All you can do with it - it is to gouge your eyes, or pretend that belonging to another race, people or tribe doesn't mean anything, and that Somali neighbor will be the same as old Herr Schtrudel - quiet, tactful and polite.
Which is so laughable and pity.

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's sad that game lets you play as some liberal or commie shitfest, or worse, a fascist statist idiot, but won't let you be a simple traditionalist or a conservative. Perhaps because the devs are as far from such a mindset as possible and simply are unable to understand it, only being able to vaguely comprehend some modern shit like fascism or liberalism.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Simple conservatives don't sell, indicates research.

Last edited:

Humanophage

Arcane
I should add that cooperation between Communists and the far-right is common in Russia, and conservative elements in the USSR were big on Russian nationalism and anti-Semitism. Nationalist cartoons like this proliferated greatly during the early 80s, when KGB-types were firmly in power. Many Russian ultra-nationalists supported Bolshevism, like this. Initially, it was a more intellectual and artificial fusion, but the mixture of fascism and communism has since then become quite organic. Today, Soviet fascism is possibly the most common ideology among the elderly, and the state is quite positive about it, though the elites are more pro-capitalist and anti-nationalist. Have a look at Novorossiya forces and their imagery for a more extreme sample (e.g., at meetings). "USSR type" Communism is more about anti-capitalism, expansionism, militarism, imperialism, and obsessing over heavy industry. Cosmopolitanism for it is an imperial tool, as are anti-racism and anti-colonialism. It is quite fascist except far more statist and anti-business in the economic sense, and a bit less heavy on older traditions, though it has its own (like worshipping the victory in WW2).

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Zed Duke of Banville these cartoons should mean something?

Humanophage when someone regurgirate political mithology as facts, there is no point to even argue it.
Far right and Communists in 80? man are you on drugs totally?
What you dug is a one person, while dragged for long rabbit ears to this theme, while in reality you can't find any trace of political collaboration of Nazism and Communism.

Many Russian ultra-nationalists supported Bolshevism, like this.
Lol and many Jews took part in pogroms in late 19 century and early in 20 century, so what?

but the mixture of fascism and communism has since then become quite organic

:lol: Yeah, and Negros linched Negros, not whites.
And water is dry.
Looks like you are from extreme liberals, who by the way gladly ran to support Ukrainian fashists since 2013 year.

For those who has at least drop of brain, I'll told one word - internationalism, on which Communism in USSR was based.

It seems like all the arguments boiled down in the end to mantra "It is fascism because... it is fascism".

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
It's sad that game lets you play as some liberal or commie shitfest, or worse, a fascist statist idiot, but won't let you be a simple traditionalist or a conservative. Perhaps because the devs are as far from such a mindset as possible and simply are unable to understand it, only being able to vaguely comprehend some modern shit like fascism or liberalism.

The devs seem like a weird combination of communists/libruls themselves.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

Deport all traditionalists to 13th century

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Sure, why not. I'd be chillin' in my family manor all day long, raking in the profits taken from all the filthy peasants working my fields :smug:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The devs seem like a weird combination of communists/libruls themselves.

You are missing the big picture here. Just imagine the outrage from SJWs when they find out that you can be a racist in this game! They will make massive campaigns to downvote this game, gamergate will react, a shitstorm on social media will ensue. It will be glorious! This will be the most discussed game in the year, and certainly one of the most discussed games in the history of the Codex. This is gold, pure gold. I’m calling it.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

Sure, why not. I'd be chillin' in my family manor all day long, raking in the profits taken from all the filthy peasants working my fields

Yes, but you would not have electricity, heavy metal, cRPGs, treated water, vaccines, penicillin, anaesthetics, internet, cinema, etc. You get a disease and they would put leeches on your body. You need to be operated and they sew your leg off. You have rotten teeth and lucky if you get in your fourties. LOL! That’s not life, having peasants or not.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This was, by far, the weirdest piece of content I have read on The Codex. And I have read all of it, even Konjad's and Roguey's reviews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom