Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Please delete all brofists not earned on Game discussion.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now that the button cancer is gone, we need to go further.

Cheap brofist harvesting though posting nice tits in GD or edgy pro Trump/anti Liberal posts in Politics threads should not be tolerated.

Furthermore, posting news from some random site should also not be rewarded with brofists(glares at Infinitron). This tends to reward and encourage otherwise shit posters like Iren, who contribute less than genital warts to the glory of Codexia while those that put in effort through reviews, interviews, LP's, reasoned debate etc. are forgotten amid the dross.

This devalues the original concept of the brofist which is to encourage reasoned debate about RPG's and games in general.

Getting rid of the buttons will stop the random edge in large part(those that couldn't expect a brofist could at least expect another 'wacky' rating so were encouraged to shit post), but to foster a sense of reward for decent posts, the brofist needs to be limited to relevant topics.

So commie you are a butthurt cuck.

Also nothing wrong with Infinitron 's brofist harvesting.
Sure I hate his shilling and cocksucking attitude towards dorito devs, but he is the best news aggregator i have ever seen. So :salute: to that.
So Infinitron has my brofists for his hard work and contribution even if I disagree his cuck denial attitude.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So commie you are a butthurt cuck.

Also nothing wrong with Infinitron 's brofist harvesting.
Sure I hate his shilling and cocksucking attitude towards dorito devs, but he is the best news aggregator i have ever seen. So :salute: to that.
So Infinitron has my brofists for his hard work and contribution even if I disagree his cuck denial attitude.

LOLWUT?

If I want to brofist, I'd brofist the source, be it Kotaku, IGN or whatever shit Infinitron plagiarised from. Why reward him?

And what's so butthurt about wanting to get the Codex back to how it was in the past before the tide of vomit in every thread? I just would like the better posters to get their proper rewards for effort.

Ahh but you're a relative newfag so you don't really remember the pre-KS age when there were no buttons or brofists so I can understand your chimping demeanor. :positive:

GD already has forbidden brofists from what I seen.

It used to be like that, but now you can get them.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This devalues the original concept of the brofist which is to encourage reasoned debate about RPG's and games in general.

Getting rid of the buttons will stop the random edge in large part(those that couldn't expect a brofist could at least expect another 'wacky' rating so were encouraged to shit post), but to foster a sense of reward for decent posts, the brofist needs to be limited to relevant topics.
Damn man if brofists are your reward in life, it must be a sad one indeed.

The original concept of a brofist is not about rewarding reasoned debate, it's a cheesy brodude ritual. For mutual acknowledgement of almost homoerotic fondness. The reverse of it, brolapse, is a pun on dirty anal stuff. And somewhat related to goatse.cx which used to be linked a lot here. You need to lighten up.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Fist are arbitrary anyways, you could get 25k fist if DU expressed content with the cut of that of your jib

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
After the jcd-triggered brofist inflation, we need a new gold-backed currency. Controlled by just a few esteemed gentlemen, the goldfist offers protection against currency manipulation and will usher in a new era of prosper-ity and glorious incline.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Agenda-based Brofisting is even more despicably rampant in the game discussion threads than it is in GD.

Do you love RTwP? Enjoy a well-earned shower of Brofists from other RTwP autistics every time you argue about RTwP being just as worthy and nostalgic as TB.

Have you got anything better to do than play the latest AAA consolized shovelware? No? Well, dig in, and don't let anyone try to tell you it's decline. After all, there's a 200+ page Codex thread about it, so it must be good. Share Brofists with other tasteful Codexers who agree.

Do you work hard to ensure that you only broadcast opinions you know will be popular? Do you thrive on other people's approval? Well, your hard work will pay off here on the Codex. Just find out which classic games to name-drop and take note of opinions that seem to be popular, then repeat them constantly.

Here at the Codex, everyone can be a winner, no matter how unoriginal, stupid, tasteless, spineless, talentless, fat, old, homosexual, Jewish, or female they might be. Just agree extremely hard with people whose opinions are virtually indiscernible from your own, and you too can rise to the top!

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
After the jcd-triggered brofist inflation, we need a new gold-backed currency. Controlled by just a few esteemed gentlemen, the goldfist offers protection against currency manipulation and will usher in a new era of prosper-ity and glorious incline.

Scarcity increases value. If you want to decrease bro-flation, we should just limit the number of brofists people can give to just 1 per 24 hour period. Or just get rid of them entirely. But I actually think it would be an interesting experiment to limit to 1 per day and see what happens.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Agenda-based Brofisting
Oh noes! If you post on the Codex, people that like your posts are going to brofist you. Absolutely scandalous! We need a conductor in here! Do something!

This has nothing to do with the fact that Blaine lost some 82,038,333 brofists, allegedly. This is about integrity in brofisting practices!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Agenda-based Brofisting
Oh noes! If you post on the Codex, people that like your posts are going to brofist you. Absolutely scandalous! We need a conductor in here! Do something!

This has nothing to do with the fact that Blaine lost some 82,038,333 brofists, allegedly. This is about integrity in brofisting practices!

That's some neat store-brand discount bin sarcasm you've brought to the table, but it doesn't change the fact that morons award Brofists to each other because they like and agree with their fellow morons. This is a thread about restricting Brofists to gaming discussion subforms, on the premise that they're more truly and wholesomely "earned" there; but the reality is that it's wall-to-wall morons fisting morons for also being morons, no matter what the subforum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom