Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I threw away all of my game boxes because they were trash.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I threw away all of my game boxes because they were trash.

0ad96c0cd52b111780998c37df0d0c11.gif

Jason Liang

Arcane
Mine threw out over $10k worth of old Magic cards. And she KNEW they were valuable too.

I don't speak to her anymore.

Kron

Arcane
Arcanum is a terrible game, and people who praise it have either never finished it or never gone beyond Tarant.

Edit: Is it actually still edgy to say this, by this point in the Codex?

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
The fact that Tim & Leo's new game being 3rd action console RPG is so much better than if it were a turn based cRPG.

Seaking4

Learned
I just assume that the people who talk positively about the first Mass Effect game like RPG systems regardless of how terrible those systems were implemented. They're the worst kind of people. It's even worse when people talk about how Mass Effect was the last good game Bioware released. That one really hurts the soul.

Every Troika game is terrible (each in their own special way of course).

The HBS Shadowrun games are mediocre. Nothing more, nothing less. The best (potentially only) thing they have going for them is that they are easy/simple to play.

bataille

Arcane
This thread is about telling truths disguised as outrageous exaggerations and lies.

And it's alright. Everyone needs to confess every once in a while...

Keye_

Educated
Arcanum is a terrible game, and people who praise it have either never finished it or never gone beyond Tarant.

Every Troika game is terrible (each in their own special way of course).

The HBS Shadowrun games are mediocre. Nothing more, nothing less. The best (potentially only) thing they have going for them is that they are easy/simple to play.

DELETE THIS :argh:

naossano

Cipher

Some missions like the APEX are quite well designed. Should someone makes a videos to defend turn-based combat system, those should be included. Those kind of situation simply could not be designed in a real-time game.

Freddie

Savant
Bioware and Mass Effect 3 will show what talented AAA company can achieve in cRPG's and so incline will that outdated isometric RPG's are finally going to be a thing of the past. At the same time people will finally realise how silly thing turn based combat is.

naossano

Cipher
Bioware and Mass Effect 3 will show what talented AAA company can achieve in cRPG's and so incline will that outdated isometric RPG's are finally going to be a thing of the past. At the same time people will finally realise how silly thing turn based combat is.

The same way hockey will finally get rid of chess ?

Freddie

Savant

The same way hockey will finally get rid of chess ?
Look, Mass Effect 3 will be the finest production BioWare has ever made. It will be like rainbow glimmering in a the darkness, and rain, like golden shower falling down and people standing their eyes pointed to the sky to the parting clouds, their mouths wide open in wonder while they are applauding.

boot

Prophet
Gothic 1 is boring, the whole series is mediocre, only reason it's popular is cause Euro members gush over it.

Obsidian has never made a game worth playing.

You get better discussion in GD than in GRPGD.

eXalted

Arcane
I have things on my chest I need to confess.

I actually enjoyed PoE + WM I + WM II.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom