Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Moink

Cipher
At least Dragon Age 2 had an uh "art style" to it, as did Mass Effect 1 (kinda).

This just looks like they've scanned a clay sculpture of the face and called it day.

Seethe

Arbiter
f38.gif

This never ages. There is not a single frame that feels right in this animation

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

This never ages. There is not a single frame that feels right in this animation
I always tilt my glass sideways before I put it to my mouth... and then the alcohol always disappears from the glass like it was gas instead of liquid. And then I drop my head in despair for the wrongs I have done, shake my head to remind myself it's someone else's fault, and take another drink. Seems legit.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
When i started visiting Codex official line was that graphics are not important. Now Codex is filled with graphics whores. How low Codex has fallen :decline:

Rpg systems and mechanics are dead, graphics are the only thing we have left

Moink

Cipher
When i started visiting Codex official line was that graphics are not important. Now Codex is filled with graphics whores. How low Codex has fallen :decline:

Talking about gameplay and story for a game that hasn't even been released yet tends to be a very short conversation.

pippin

I'm not a graphics whore per se, I do tolerate poor graphics or no graphics at all. But you can't help to notice how this AAA company does this fucking shitshow and calls it a completed game.

HansDampf

Arcane
60$ AAA+ RPG with cutting edge technology funded by big name publisher. Sorry if I expect better facial animations than Bloodlines offered in 2004. But let's not kid ourselves. No one is genuinely interested in this game anyway. We're just here to watch the trainwreck. How this series is still alive after ME3 is beyond me.

mastroego

Arcane
The Codex is engaged in a global fight against Degeneracy, no field is spared.
Graphics were the one thing that was supposed to be improving for commercial reasons, lol.
Meanwhile Bioware is trying to promote bestiality and everything else.
This might be the last sane place left, go figure.

That said, I'm not against characters who don't look like models or movie stars. Just don't make them repugnant, we do have to stare at them to play (I mean, those who play those games do).

donkeymong

Scholar
60$ AAA+ RPG with cutting edge technology funded by big name publisher. Sorry if I expect better facial animations than Bloodlines offered in 2004. But let's not kid ourselves. No one is genuinely interested in this game anyway. We're just here to watch the trainwreck. How this series is still alive after ME3 is beyond me.
Horizon Zero Dawn beats all newer Bioware games including Andromeda, despite being Guerillas first attempt to make an open world game with rpg elements(they made shooters before). Bioware is just pathetic.

J1M

Arcane
Horizon Zero Dawn beats all newer Bioware games including Andromeda, despite being Guerillas first attempt to make an open world game with rpg elements(they made shooters before). Bioware is just pathetic.
If that was a good game, it would be on PC.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
How this series is still alive after ME3 is beyond me.

BioWare is too lazy to make a new IP, that's why.

Monopoly begets degeneracy.

Tytus

Arcane
ZMFzrDo.jpg

Oh yes, let's earn Single Player bonuses while grinding in Multiplayer. I'm sure it won't make the SP too easy turning the already crappy combat into even worse shit. The balance will be instantly gone. These motherfuckes need Jesus Josh.

:balance:

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Alternatively, they could have a little self-respect. Or confidence that the multiplayer is worth playing on its own. Instead of trying to bribe people with promises of single-player rewards to justify wasting resources on the multiplayer component of a single player game.

Last edited:

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I despise any kind of meta-progression in any multiplayer game. Just fuck it :argh: It's full service on entry or don't waste my time and gtfo.

raesha

Educated
I don't give a crap about graphics in regards to games I actually play, I play games being 20-30 years old without much issue, if the core gameplay makes for a good game.

I just find it baffling how the game manages to ship with so half-baked animation work as a triple A game backed by a publisher as well funded as EA, and 5 years in the making, despite otherwise looking pretty good graphically, in no small part due to just how good Frostbite is as a graphics engine.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
They changed Turians' height beceause of new engine, they could change asari faces and make it canon, not sure of it though.
By the way, you cannot bash game over face that isn't looking model-like lol

Moink

Cipher
Alternatively, they could have a little self-respect. Or confidence that the multiplayer is worth playing on its own. Instead of trying to bribe people with promises of single-player rewards to justify wasting resources on the multiplayer component of a single player game.

That would require you to put effort into the game though, something we know Bioware is incapable of.

Gerrard

Arcane
As an ugly person I appreciate Bioware's attempts at diversification. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom