Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview RPG Codex Preview: No Truce With The Furies

Prime Junta

I didn't know that this was going to be a party based game.
Or do those portraits indicate something else?

In the bit I played I acquired a partner pretty early. Nice guy, if a bit uptight. He's the second portrait from left.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In general I feel excited, like - greatly excaited.
But this one make me worry:

However, follow it up with “So what kind of music do you people listen to these days?” and it will go up a notch. Keep at it, and fascist thoughts will start appearing in your thought cabinet
Why the fuck this can be called fashistic thing in any way?
Or I'm that far behind the modern society?
This is how it starts, that fear that turns good men into Codexers.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Thanks, Infini, for fixing the link! Here´s also a pic you can zoom into a bit more:

notruce-pier-2560-2jpeg.jpg

Prime Junta

no but seriously, I hope you are not a writer in the game because everything you write is cringy/awkward in a very unfunny way. You can't into humor, bro.

If you read the article carefully and have put enough points in Intellect and Logic, you will be able to figure out what Kasparov's role in the production is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny thing is that compared to Marat Sar/Kurvitz, Kasparov is pretty normal :cool:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
We could have posted this on Wednesday and continued the streak unbroken if not for (...) Roxor needling PJ for writing too pretentiously
This is bloviated to the extreme, if this is how it looks like after the changes I can't imagine how it was before. I have never seen so much hype in a preview. Hopefully it will be at least half as good as Prime Junta says because for now, after all these words we don't even know what this game is about because *spoilers*. If the plot can be so easily spoiled then it doesn't look good for replayability.

Kasparov
How much for this game and why so much?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
In the Estonian context, naming your thing after an imperial Russian proto-Futurist-Slavic-nationalist-mysticist movement associated with the likes of Velimir Khlebnikov, Aleksei Kruchenykh, and Kasimir Malevich is, to put it mildly, provocative, not to mention just a little arrogant. ZA/UM are not afraid of offending people: liberals, Fascists, Finns with their joke language and backwoods nationalism. They are overtly political: the problem with games and sci-fi these days, Kurvitz says, isn’t that they’re infected by politics, it’s that they’re infected by bad politics. ZA/UM come bearing a good political message: of the emancipatory power and promise of sobriety and hard work, and the light of hope that shines even in the darkest of times. It is not a “grey” game, Kurvitz says; he hates “grey,” No Truce is a beautiful and ultimately bright game.
That clears things up, I should have read full article first.

Prime Junta

if this is how it looks like after the changes I can't imagine how it was before

Only thing I changed was the captions. They were bad. Plus very tiny edits here and there. I would not budge on the bloviation and gushing. It is that kind of game. And Marat Sar is that kind of guy.

Besides, someone has to :balance: Roxor's bitter world-weary cynicism. Might as well be me, somebody else could get it wrong.

Fairfax

Arcane
The game sounds very interesting, and it's nice to see that kind of passion and experimentation for a change. I still don't get the whole procedural thing, though. Have they explained it somewhere?

I like how a sort of response makes the character have more of these thoughts, and how you can embrace, hide or mix them, but the political alignment sounds like a disservice to that system. The inner thoughts and the reactivity are great tools to make the players question their choices and attitude, but I feel like the alignments detract from that by providing labels. I also found the labels themselves quite odd. Fascist and communist alignments could be interesting in a game where you rule over people, but as an individual cop, there's only so much you can distinguish, since both systems have oppressive law enforcement. The black girl example has little to do with the fascist form of government and its principles, and more to do with the modern, worn out and pointless term. Also, the "Liberal" counter should be particularly confusing to different audiences, as people are inclined to associate it with very different definitions.

himmy

Arcane
Reminder that some people will be surprised to find out about the left-leaning opinions of the devs, despite the fact that there's a picture of a guy wearing an honest-to-God flatcap underneath his headphones.

15494.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I’m so fucking hyped, man. If this game end up being half of what it promises, it will not only be a new classic, but also a hit. You mark my words. And people still fighting to death over the mediocrity that is InXile and Obsidian.

Also, updated my list of promising upcoming games: No Truce With the Furies, Battle Brothers, Stygian, Rise of the Elders: Cthulhu, Underrail’s expansion, A Fool's Banquet, and later on, Copper Dreams, Colony Ship game.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I also found the labels themselves quite odd. Fascist and communist alignments could be interesting in a game where you rule over people, but as an individual cop, there's only so much you can distinguish, since both systems have oppressive law enforcement.

Shut up!

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't want to get too hyped and PJs literal multiple orgasm over this game doesn't really help. Apparently the writing of the game also inspired PJ, not sure thats professional but I enjoyed reading it. I hope it doesn't backfire and reflect badly on the game because some people dislike PJ and his reviews.

Still, everything I have read about and by these ZA/UM guys so far gives me this eerie feeling, as if a bunch of weirdo genuises unexpectedly banded together in some remote place and had some kind of creative epiphany of how to reinvent the RPG wheel. Even if it turns out to be 'just a game' afterall, I am sure it will at least be wonderfully written.

:d1p:

Sacred and Terrible Air, currently being translated to English

Can't wait for that, too!

pomenitul

Arbiter
Their English-language credentials appear to be lacking, and though I agree with PJ that this could turn out to be an idiosyncratic 'asset,' I remain skeptical.

Prime Junta

Their English-language credentials appear to be lacking, and though I agree with PJ that this could turn out to be an idiosyncratic 'asset,' I remain skeptical.

Robert talked for six hours straight. That was enough to form an informed opinion about his English-language skills. There's nothing to worry about on that front.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom