Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

flyingjohn

Arcane
If they are lucky they might just reach wii-u sales numbers in a couple of years.
Nintendo is gonna learn the hard way why third party support is a must for a home console.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Who needs third party support when you have BOMBERMAN.

Super_Bomberman_R_(artwork).jpg

BOMBERMAN!!!!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So can anyone tell me yet if performance for botw in handheld mode is good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---

Arcane
So can anyone tell me yet if performance for botw in handheld mode is good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read some impressions, and performance seems way better in handheld than in home mode.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
All that matters with console games are the party games. As long as those are lacking, who the fuck would want to buy underpowered locked up PC system? Thankfully at least Nintendo delivers in this front, 1, 2 Switch game despite it's fuckery seems to be perfect for LAN party distractions.

Repressed Homosexual
Mine will ship on Monday, I ordered Zelda and Bomberman.

Zelda seems surprisingly good, it seems Nintendo really got its act together on this one. It even seems to have elements from Gothic!

I completely lost any interest for Sony or MS consoles, I don't care about cover shooters with cinematic stories over and over again. The only thing I want from them are From Software titles, maybe Nioh, the best version of Dragon Quest XI and Persona 5, the rest I couldn't care less.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Holy shit this product is being shilled up the wazoo on the interwebs right now.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So I guess a depressing amount of you suckers are going to buy Nintendo's Final Failure because they released a mediocre open-world game which exploits your nostalgia for the time when you were a little stupid child with really low expectations of games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I guess a depressing amount of you suckers are going to buy Nintendo's Final Failure because they released a mediocre open-world game which exploits your nostalgia for the time when you were a little stupid child with really low expectations of games.
Nah. Give me ten decent jrpgs and I'll buy the system at a reduced price.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Mine will ship on Monday, I ordered Zelda and Bomberman.

Zelda seems surprisingly good, it seems Nintendo really got its act together on this one. It even seems to have elements from Gothic!

I completely lost any interest for Sony or MS consoles, I don't care about cover shooters with cinematic stories over and over again. The only thing I want from them are From Software titles, maybe Nioh, the best version of Dragon Quest XI and Persona 5, the rest I couldn't care less.

Agreed, there are substitutes for all PS 4 and Xbox One exclusives on PC but Nintendo games are very well made and are actually fun to play.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Nah. Give me ten decent jrpgs and I'll buy the system at a reduced price.

Why ten, when you can just play the same one ten times? It's not like you'll notice a difference

Ash

Arcane
You're thinking animu-style JRPGs. But while those all look similar at first glance, there is still diversity in gameplay, story, music etc. Turn-based, RTwP, ARPG. And there is usually diversity in art style too upon close inspection.

#notAllJRPGs

Try not to be hyperbolic. It's like saying all shooters are the same (and also implying they're all shit) when there are Doom clones, cover shooters, arena shooters, modern military shooters, ARPG shooters etc etc.

Edit: I will (sensibility) generalize and say all those styles of shooter suck except Doom clones and ARPG shooters though. Very rare exception or two for a cover shooter or MMS.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So I grabbed one of these and Zelda off a dude who pre-ordered and decided he didn't want to keep it. My wife is a big Zelda fan and said last night that she had been watching videos and the new Zelda seems really good. The guy I bought it from (new) made only 8 bux off me - very courtly of him.

Played with hardware and spent a couple hours with Zelda. The device feels premium and the design is elegant. The visual experience has not been woefully low tech, which is refreshing. Colour me impressed so far.

I will say that this game in two hours has broken more Zelda cookie-cutter conventions than any game I remember in the series - in a good way.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
What, only CIS genders? They better have user definable pronouns I'm the options.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

DramaticPopcorn

I guess it might fly in Kwa with the lack of consumer protection laws. In before "dead pixels actually aren't a problem r00fles!"
Literally every LCD manufacturer in the world has this same clause in their licence agreement. It is a problem, just not a nintendo-exclusive one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom