Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

boot

Prophet
I watched gameplay vid on page 12

Grass is animated very well. Sunlight looks real sunny, cheerful... uh, shirtless Link, that's a first, Zelda dating sims soon?

It's shit. With TP's halfway cartoonish art style. And the old man is the King of Hyrule. Open world can't really hurt Zelda much, I'll say that. Series lost its soul more than a few iterations ago. Wonder what the collectathon items will be.

Is it really nostalgia to see these games as soulless and the ones that came before wholly better? Majora's Mask isn't nostalgia, the tightly executed OoT isn't nostalgia, 2d Zelda isn't nostalgia.

Decline all around. Save the children.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Looks stunning tbh. Which console to buy in order to play it?

PC.

I'm really expecting this Zelda to scratch that Gothic itch

Have you played Morrowind? If not, go play it. If you did go play Enderal (be sure to install Wildcat Combat, TK Dodge and Attack Commiment mods). If you did play Enderal as well, huh... go play Nehrim... or wait for this Zelda to work properly on CemU (wich won't take long).

By the way what's wrong with the new Torment (to lazy to check it's thread)?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Heh, pre-load (game + day 1 update) works for pirates but not for pre-purchasers. GG Nintendo :roll:

Ivan

Arcane
Have you played Morrowind? If not, go play it
Nah

I played Morrowind. I tried to force myself to like it, but I didn't. The combat, the FEDEX questing, it sucks. I'm sure there's fun in abusing its mechanics, but I don't give a shit about its world.

I also tried booting Nehrim, and it was fine for for the first few hours, but the Oblivion engine runs like ass (<40FPS drops were common) and it was the combat that made me quit.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I played Morrowind. I tried to force myself to like it, but I didn't. The combat, the FEDEX questing, it sucks. I'm sure there's fun in abusing its mechanics, but I don't give a shit about its world.

I played it some years ago, and from what I still remenber the quests didn't feel like FEDEX. The main quest envolved the player to learn a lot of each tribe's culture to manipulate each chieftan in supporting you to fuffil the duty the emperor gave you. And the Expansions had some fucking awesome athmosphere (specially Bloodmoon).Tribunal felt like you were uncovering a dark, twisted truth behind a respectable religion. Bloodmoon was like a good horror film. A distant, cold, lonely imperial outpust in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by storms, blood thirty natives and with a Demonic Hunting Demi-God getting ready to unleash a Eclipse like event (from Berserk).

Not saying that there weren't FEDEX quests, but that they were few and even those were fun and original (like that one quest were you find a half-naked Dunmer in the river to scared to leave and he asks you to get his pants - fucking hilarious), unlike most games nowadays.

I also tried booting Nehrim, and it was fine for for the first few hours, but the Oblivion engine runs like ass (<40FPS drops were common) and it was the combat that made me quit.

Then try Enderal, wich is overall better in every aspect (still install those mods I sayed, you'll need them), unless of course you already tried it.

Ivan

Arcane
A good question is realzing ho wlong we had been fooled into FEDEX questing. Wasn't it really until Fallout that there was more sophisticated quest design?

I keenly remember raging at Morrowind b/c of it's go here and find X, go talk to Y, go find Z, eventually I said fuck this horseshit.

I'm looking forward to Enderal. Again, I would have ket playing Nehrim, if it weren't for the performance problems, maybe it'll be remade in the skyrim engine.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
So far so good. Took a bunch of fruit to drop in the fireplace for cooking, dropped them and the wind blew them away :M

RuySan

Augur
All the media fawning over it has me a bit worried. Just check all the other "best ever games" in metacritic. GTA4??? wtf?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All the media fawning over it has me a bit worried. Just check all the other "best ever games" in metacritic. GTA4??? wtf?

Score inflation. They gave Horizon: Zero Dawn and Nioh 9s so giving Zelda a perfect 10 is a no-brainer.
I still think this looks genuinely sweet as fuck.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
"See That Mountain? You Can Climb It" is actually true in this game :M

I've had some short fps drops (to ~20) but otherwise it runs well on WiiU.

RuySan

Augur
When TW3 was released my impression was "if this was a nintendo or a rockstar game it would have perfect scores all over the place". It means i'm curious if this is better than TW3.

boot

Prophet
Watched these two videos

Seems cool. Like a return to the original with 30 year advanced tech. Capturing the feeling of adventure! Big problem I'm guessing is that it will be really easy.

---

Arcane
People keep saying it's pretty hard (but if you explore well you should be able to gain game-breaking runes).
Nothing too punitive, beware, but not piss easy like the last chapters (Skyward Sword or the DS games, for example).

Fuck, I really want a WiiU to play it :cry:
Call me "manchild", but I still love Nintendo games.
One of the few "big" developers I actually care about.

JBro

Arbiter
I've been playing it the past few days with CFW and the leaked EU version.

The game is amazing and is hard as fuck. Even with 13 heart containers you can die in like 2 hits from centaur enemies.

---

Arcane
Yeah. There are also the giant robot-spiders, which are able to insta-kill you with a single beam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom