Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
...Actually! You could simply grab a high lightning damage roll + crit ele foil, stack lots of flat lightning damage on top of it (added lightning damage gem, wrath, herald of thunder, 1-3x static electricity jewels in ranger-shadow area), slap lightning penetration on top of it (gem and passives around ranger-shadow area) - and you're good to go!
Due to how gem works, even "cold" projectiles and "fire" explosions will still do 95% of lightning damage this way, because your phys base will be insignificant.
There is no point in going Wild Strike in this case. Better to do Ele hit with melee splash (which is being boosted). Or some other skill like lacerate that will give you predictable and good AoE.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
> Ele hit
I see what you did there.

> with melee splash (which is being boosted)
I see you like double-dipping your jokes.

Anyways, wild strike actually has quite a respectable aoe clearing capability, with 0 investment in aoe-related passives or supports, in fact. Mostly thanks to that insane number of chains on arc proc.

Hell, I'm kinda nostalgic. Gonna find thal lvl19 WS i have somewhere in my stash and slap it on some entirely unoptimised char.

T. Reich

Arcane
Ok, tested WS on a couple of t14 maps with my maxblock gladiator.
Despite having suboptimal passives, only an effective 5L, and no way to reduce enemy ele res, WS cleared those maps competently fast, for a namelock skill. Tooltip dps was approx 60k pre-flasks, so a properly-made WS should have no difficulty breaching pre-flask 100k tooltip AND have som ele dmg reduction to boost it.
Obviously, it's noticeably slower than any non-namelock aoe skill, but if I played it on a properly geared build, it would be quite good.
Now, the single target vs bosses was ABYSMAL. Really, really bad. I had to hack at twinned shaped reef bosses for like a minute! :yawn:

T. Reich

Arcane
My money is still on bladefall, until 2.6.0 stuff gets tested.
That less dmg per wave is pretty insignificant, especially considering that those waves partially overlap, and then there's overlapping from cluster traps.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
any suggestions for new league?
looking for an easy to pilot build that runs smoothly on low end hardware
Pizza sticks? Dual flameblast totem as Inquisitor.

If totems arent your game, you can try Self cast flameblast elementalist with ignite prolif.

Or some standard Earthquake Slayer action.

Or raider cyclone with meatballs (Nghamaku Axe).

Or some burn arrow ignite action with new threshold jewel for double ignites on bosses.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Probably.

I was looking at the 2.6 tree and the crit wheels are mostly conveniently located now if you aren't generating charges enough, and you could also run an Ice Golem for a +30% crit chance bonus.

Not sure what build for me until i can actually test how the AoE changes affect some skills like Storm Call.

Since I'm sc now I guess I'll try elementalist witch instead of occultist.

Ignite is good? I never tried to build around it.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Probably.

I was looking at the 2.6 tree and the crit wheels are mostly conveniently located now if you aren't generating charges enough, and you could also run an Ice Golem for a +30% crit chance bonus.

Not sure what build for me until i can actually test how the AoE changes affect some skills like Storm Call.

Since I'm sc now I guess I'll try elementalist witch instead of occultist.

Ignite is good? I never tried to build around it.
Yeah, ignite is quite good. Double dips with fire damage, elemental damage, generic damage and projectile damage in case of projectiles. Thats why dual flameblast crit Inquisitor is so popular right now. Ignite is 20% of initial hit, and can only have one doing damage to a mob at a time. Emberwake increases the limit to 300 ignites.

I will be trying Elementalist Fireball non-crit ignite build myself at the start.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, lets see how Xbox deals with that.

Slowdowns like that are caused by too many draw calls. Something that consoles exceed pc until you use Vulcan or DX12.
So i wouldn't be shocked if consoles would run better in this type of situations...

Hyperion

Arcane
I planned on an Avatar of Fire Ice Crash Chieftain, but have a feeling Ngamahu's Flame will end up a too pricey to start because every time a streamer touches an item it spikes the fucking cost. When doing Act 1, I got a decent Boarding and noticed the buffs to 1h weapons are pretty beefy and decided I might try DW Cleave Berserker instead. Generic as can be, but adding crit to the mix should keep the damage competitive. I doubt it'll reach the same offensive potential as a 2h build, but it's worth trying. Cleave has long been my favorite attack, but has been shit since like 1.2.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I guess I'm doing Scion ES/ BF/ CWC/ something Lightning first, and if that sucks then I'll do witch elementalist or witch summoner.

Not sure which is the best path out of scion island with the new tree. I'm thinking it's the one between templar and witch, but witch/ shadow is closer to more ES wheels.

Last edited:

Aothan

Magister
Deidbellow, my preferred helm has been changed, yet again, and presently costs at least 10 Chaos orbs. Very costly for an early level helm but the bonuses to movement, melee and casting speeds have always been integral to my playstyle. Always seemed like an underappreciated helm for all of the combined properties but now with an additional flat bonus damage it may or still may not become popular as, at least, an early levelling item

I'm a little surprised at how much mana is placed around Mind over Matter which will be useful but this time I intend to take Determination and Artic Armour so the extra mana after aura costs will be useful. Staffs look better than ever but I'm too much of a weapon and shield advocate in this game, perhaps if I keep playing in this league I might transition to or make a staff based character

edit: 15% movement speed on Wake of Destruction boots

Aothan

Magister
I don't typically watch Ziggy videos but he did make a video about interacting with and changing market values, speaking of which some (or someone) have been trying to low ball silver coins all day, it is also strange that the PoE goods index is not updating regularly enough to curtail this practise. And the more I think about it, the more someone connected with that site could strongly influence prices and trading by having first access to anything that might be listed (or not being listed). This is partly speculation but I've been watching silver coins for hours and have noted my own trades did not list at all, and seemingly no one else has been able to list after two or more people placed them at 18 or more for each Chaos where earlier there was a much larger range below this ratio

T. Reich

Arcane
I planned on an Avatar of Fire Ice Crash Chieftain, but have a feeling Ngamahu's Flame will end up a too pricey to start because every time a streamer touches an item it spikes the fucking cost. When doing Act 1, I got a decent Boarding and noticed the buffs to 1h weapons are pretty beefy and decided I might try DW Cleave Berserker instead. Generic as can be, but adding crit to the mix should keep the damage competitive. I doubt it'll reach the same offensive potential as a 2h build, but it's worth trying. Cleave has long been my favorite attack, but has been shit since like 1.2.

Not true. Cleave stopped being meta (to be precise - dual-wield ele-cleave templar stopped being meta because most auras got % mana reservation instead of flat mana), but it never stopped being a decent dual-wield skill if you build for it.
I still have the very old (but occasionally updated) cleave duelist (now slayer) with Wings of Entropy 2h axe, and he's very competent even in t14+ maps. Easy pre-flask 100k+ normal mapping tooltip with solid aoe, 200k++ tooltip if you go full derp with dps flasks and conc effect.

I don't typically watch Ziggy videos but he did make a video about interacting with and changing market values, speaking of which some (or someone) have been trying to low ball silver coins all day, it is also strange that the PoE goods index is not updating regularly enough to curtail this practise. And the more I think about it, the more someone connected with that site could strongly influence prices and trading by having first access to anything that might be listed (or not being listed). This is partly speculation but I've been watching silver coins for hours and have noted my own trades did not list at all, and seemingly no one else has been able to list after two or more people placed them at 18 or more for each Chaos where earlier there was a much larger range below this ratio

No need fo conspiracy crap. Poe.trade uses the same API that *everyone* has access to. While plebs use poe.trade, there are plenty of private API indexers that work much faster and provide tailored results for those who care about that sort of thing enough to write their own app.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You could try a pathfinder and its poisons during potions use instead of 4 coated shrapnels :)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom