Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WizRogue - a Japanese combination of Wizardry & RLs

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
No, no torrent haven't bought it yet. But I'm cautiously excited.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm gonna jump the gun and try it out. The concept sounds really appealing. Will let you guys later on if it's gud

Jack Dandy

Arcane
I actually find it interesting BECAUSE of the top-down view.
I always found that dioramas\miniature radiate "dungeon" better for me than first-person expeditions.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I actually find it interesting BECAUSE of the top-down view.
I always found that dioramas\miniature radiate "dungeon" better for me than first-person expeditions.

One game that really caught my attention because of this was Card Hunter. I haven't played it though, so I can't vouch for it.

Card_hunter_gameplay.jpg

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Card Hunter is kinda cute. Couldn't keep my attention for long, for some reason.
It reminds me of the Metal Gear AC!D games for the PSP.

But yeah, it's visual style is absolutely my jam.

EDIT: Yo , heads-up. Apparently this was originally a mobile F2P (P2W) game. They ported it to PC, along with some balance changes to make this a more of a "premium" sort of thing, without any microtransactions.
But, there are still some apparent Mobile game elements, like.. grinding for random adventurer packs or some shit along these lines.
Still, hoping it'll be fun.

Last edited:

RuySan

Augur
Keep the updates coming. Even with the f2p origins it looks like an interesting game.

The looks kind of remind me of The warlock of for mountain latest game adaptation.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
EDIT: Yo , heads-up. Apparently this was originally a mobile F2P (P2W) game. They ported it to PC, along with some balance changes to make this a more of a "premium" sort of thing, without any microtransactions.
But, there are still some apparent Mobile game elements, like.. grinding for random adventurer packs or some shit along these lines.
Still, hoping it'll be fun.

:negative:

I hope it gets better, games with that graphic style are so hard to come by.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
I just bought it. I am surprised we got this game in english...I am not expecting much, but wanted to try...

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Watching this thread for updates. At it's current price it's a bit high to buy without any indications of quality, but if you guys are positive about it I'll pick this up.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Watching this thread for updates. At it's current price it's a bit high to buy without any indications of quality, but if you guys are positive about it I'll pick this up.

well so far it seems pretty basic. it does seems to get better as I get farther in the game, bigger ennemies group and other things, but it kind of start slow and get repetitive...

Latro

Arcane
my issue with the game besides being a freemium jap mobile game, is that it sounds like it's grindy until you get to the hard parts, which is kinda stupid for a rogue like

I will wait a bit to see what the devs do/how people think of the later parts. Wizardry roguelike still sounds cool and the idea of finding adventurers is interesting.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is no reason why you wouldn't play an Elminage game over this.

Well, apart from the fact you may have already played them for many hours and are looking to try something a little different.

I'm not fussed about the need for constant internet, but Dora's opinion that it's grindy and repetitive isn't exactly glowing. /Shrug, I've got a massive backlog to play anyway and am having a PCXS2 phase so looks like this one's a miss until it drops to 50%+ off.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
There is no reason why you wouldn't play an Elminage game over this.

Well, apart from the fact you may have already played them for many hours and are looking to try something a little different.

I'm not fussed about the need for constant internet, but Dora's opinion that it's grindy and repetitive isn't exactly glowing. /Shrug, I've got a massive backlog to play anyway and am having a PCXS2 phase so looks like this one's a miss until it drops to 50%+ off.

I am still playing the game. it's still pretty much the same for now, cast the spell to see ennemies and stairs and I try to head to the next floor asap...
I haven't seen much new gear so far.
I am rank 10 now, I think there's like 15-16 rank. so I'll see how's the end game soon probably.

I don't have much time to play during the week because of work, so it's nice to have something quick like that, but other than that, there are way better roguelike like shiren.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
I've been playing this quite a bit lately. I think I am on the last set of dungeon, the last few rank are more challenging but still kinda easy since you can easiliy buy items that ressurect your entire party and refill your mp when you die.(maybe on the phone version it was harder to get because of the # of time you could enter a dungeon per day)
looks like they patched the game yesterday to make it works on linux? and did a few fix, but they changed a couple spell name. so some spell have new name and others kept the old one(I guess they couldn't find a new name for all spell), I don't know why they did that, the original name were fine. (example: dumapic is now Direction, Dialma is Great heal, dalto is cold ball)

I haven't found much new equipement, almost everything I got can be bought in the store. (I actually removed my thief from the party, because the dungeon where you farm have no traps in chest and most of the time in story dungeon, you get scrolls and crap).

the idea of the game was good, but it's a mess....I'll probably finish the game next weekend but I am not expecting anything great at the end.

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
so some spell have new name and others kept the old one(I guess they couldn't find a new name for all spell), I don't know why they did that, the original name were fine. (example: dumapic is now Direction, Dialma is Great heal, dalto is cold ball)

:what:

Ok, so this is a pass for sure. I can cope with the phone origins and I can live with always online, hell I don't even mind some easy grinding, but YOU CANNOT CHANGE DUMAPIC TO 'DIRECTION' IN A GAME THAT HAS THE WIZARDRY NAME! :argh:

Dorarnae

Arbiter
oups I broke the game a little bit hehe
wizardry_zps87sxvo2t.png

I found a bug that double your wj each time you do it heh.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
So I just finished the game. the idea of the game is nice but the game needs a LOT of balancing and they need to fix a few bugs.

-for almost the whole game, you don't get new gear, you can buy everything with gold, only on the last chapter that I started getting some SR weapon.
-game get harder at the end but with amulet that revive your party and they're not expensive to buy with wjs, it kinda kill the challenge.
-being able to buy material to reduce your character age makes the age system useless.(they're not that expensive too)
-I wish they had more information on gear when equiping them, like if the weapon is S or M range and other stats.
-Most reward in the game are kinda useless, there wasn't much point in doing master dungeon except one or two for exp.
-When buying new adventurer, there's one special character with the Muramasa, would be better to get that weapon in dungeon...

as for bugs for now, the sounds is messed up a bit.
reviving in dungeon with wjs double your current wjs.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

look at this fucking abomination! look and despair! look at how they reanimated the dead wizardry to rape it's corpe! look at how they tagged the rape a Roguelike!!!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom