Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera Released

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
The goblin strikes for 3 damage!

> attack

Stepping backwards a moment you pause to reflect on your life. You were given a blade by a mother you never knew, you carried it to war against a father who didn't exist. What forces conspire to make us wrestle with such mysterious truths? (Page 1/3)

What exists beyond man? Surely crawling through sixty, seventy years of burdens is no outright life. Is there any sense to any of this madness that exists inchoate in your mind and body? (Page 2/3)

'Aye love is a course that ne'er runs smooth! Love can cut ye like a sword through orc butter.' You think back to the words of an old man from a different place. Elsewhere, deep in the wood, you hear a necrodog bark.

Your attack does 3 damage!

> this is such a smarter funner game than dark souls

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Did you guys notice how these reviewers keep talking about the traditional isometric game as if this was a genre with specific design choices?

Pentagon

Educated
Getting ~15 fps on my 2015 Macbook Pro on the lowest settings. Looks like I gotta wait another year before I can play this graphical monstrosity. :|

Your avatar is misleading, friend.
What's misleading? Pillars of Eternity was able to run at ~25 fps for me once I knocked down the resolution and lowered the graphic settings.
No-no, there's just a fellow codexer with such an avatar, that's why it's misleading. :shittydog:
Other than that, is it the first are that runs like that? Because I've heard that after it performance gets much better.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Edit: Damn beat me to it.

Lol. Max Scoville sure has some pointers for Obsidian on this one. Professional as fuck. He's one of those self-righteous Frisco hipsters that is part of mainstream game journalism.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
If 15 years ago you told my past self that in the future there'll be kind of a sequel to Torment and I won't even bother pirating it I'd be making PER checks to see if you're lying.
But here we are, 2015 strikes again.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The guy at ragequit skewered it.

Numenera (because this game should have never been named "Torment" and that sacred prefix will ideally be forever erased from the players' collective consciousness as having anything to do with the present game) gloriously fails in delivering each and every one of the things inXile promised during its Kickstarter campaign, back in the mists of 2013, when Kickstarter's magic high was still going strong. Each and every one. But let us, like a proper disaster assessment squad, pack up our equipment, gather our team and bravely go forward to investigate how Kickstarter's brightest hope, forever condemned the platform's "sure-fire" credibility for delivering "the great games, like we used to play".

http://ragequit.gr/reviews/item/torment-tides-of-numenera-pc-review-english

Israfael

Arcane
He's definitely from Codex, even the style of the text is permeated with our decandence

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only memes.
rtdi76.png

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
This is obviously a lie, I don't know how can anyone take a "review" seriously somebody who is making up shit like this.

Since I have not played the game, I cannot base my arguments on much. I believe that any mistake or misstep by InXile will be magnified by the fact that Planescape Torment has a cult following at this point, and so we could see a knee jerk negative reaction. That is not to say that the game is secretly good, but the reviewers could be right, but for the wrong reasons if that makes sense.

Pentagon

Educated
There's your problem. Get a real computer.
I bought it because I'm a programmer and using Terminal is a thousand times better than jury rigging something equivalent on Windows and Linux always gives me weird problems. Last time I tried Linux, I ended up having to write my own I/O scheduler on the kernel.

I'm saving up for a overpowered Windows computer for VR, but since most of my gaming is old cRPG's, I haven't had too much issue with the Macbook as my main platform. I was even able to play Divinity: Original Sin at a reasonable graphical level. But Torment is too much apparently :?.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom