Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Only worth title here is Elminage Gothic if you're still hungry for some ol' Wizardry taste...
who am I kidding

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

Grim Monk

Arcane
Dangerous Deluxe edition
7 hours ago

One great game, two quite different editions.

Hidden & Dangerous Action Pack, the classic WWII tactical shooter that just arrived on GOG.com, contains the original game plus its expansion - all carefully tweaked and tested to work on modern systems. However, there's another version of that game known as Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe and we've also included that as a free bonus goodie with the original!

This Deluxe edition was released for free as a commercial promotion for the game's sequel back in 2003, the year that Hidden & Dangerous 2 first came out. Despite having essentially the same content, the original and the Deluxe edition are quite different from each other, and deciding on which one is the "best" comes down mostly to a matter of preference. Some users appreciated the higher resolution textures and map editor available in Deluxe. Others criticized the questionable changes made in certain maps and the noticeable repetition in your squad mates' faces.

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe is still available as freeware in certain places but now also included as a free bonus with the Action Pack. More importantly, though, the original Hidden & Dangerous is now available as a digital download for the first time, so if you're looking to experience the game in its most faithful and functional reincarnation yet, this is the time to strike!

Source:
https://af.gog.com/news/the_curious_case_of_the_hidden_dangerous_deluxe_edition?as=1649904300

The Deluxe Edition is still free, we just happen to include it along with the original since we know people would ask for it to be included and it was on our wishlist :)
Source:
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/th...rous_deluxe_edition_67796/post3?as=1649904300

So apparently H&D 1 Deluxe still retains its freeware status...

Also:
and I know it was for free (oficially) but who cares, might be adware or whatever
arguecat_by_anticancerplz.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow... H&D 2, I never thought it was going to happen. I hope they have fixed all the painful issues of playing this game on a modern system.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Good boy
Now go back playing Skyrim/PoE/FO4 for your good work

It makes me :popamole: to express mild distaste at your enthusiasm at the prospect of being sold legal freeware?

Which was free for 14 years yet you apparently never bothered to download.
Otherwise you would have known that H&D Deluxe didn't contain any "adware".

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Good boy

It makes me :popamole: to express mild distaste at your enthusiasm at the prospect of being sold legal freeware?

you're right
I just grow up in the world where nothing is free
btw. when I was writing previous posts I was sure they removed freeware versions, just like they did with System Shock. Can't explain why I mixed both....

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Good boy

You are not sold legal freeware. They even explained that there are 2 version of H&D. If you want the Deluxe edition, go and download it for free. The version H&D GOG selling was never freeware if I understand their article correctly.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GOG Connect is still empty
ffs better they bring some things with annoying DRMs removed like Two Worlds 2 (wonder if new engine update will be free...or not because JA2 HD is sold for like $3 on Steam) or Sacred 2.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They have featured Two World 1 and iirc 2 in the past, though.
They were in the Connect? I do remember they included TW1 and Gorky17 but not the sequel, otherwise I could get that one too since I got these and other TopWare games from this ethernal bundle...

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://af.gog.com/news/weekly_sale_disney?as=1649904300
Weekly Sale - Disney: Monkey Island 1 & 2 SE, The Lion King, TRON 2.0, Outlaws, and more!

A grand collection of legendary classics up to 75% off! Voodoo dolls, neon-lit speedbikes, sunken-faced desperados, intrepid archaeologists, a kooky cast of talking animals - the Disney catalog just has it all! Whether you've been gaming since your salad days or recently picked up the bestest of habits, this Weekly Sale is carefully engineered to bring back memories or help build awesome new ones!Losing yourself in the world of TRON 2.0 is as easy and satisfying as riding a light-cycle. A fine-tuned fusion of FPS, intense racing sequences, and an intriguing story set inside this immersive digital universe that still captivates anyone who makes the jump.It's hard for an understated gem like Loom to shine, while standing among such beloved point & click classics as the Monkey Islands or Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. And yet once you enter its solemn world, deftly woven with music and wondrous acts of magic, you will never truly escape it again.As always, there's more – including Outlaws, Armed and Dangerous, Sam & Max Hit the Road, and The Lion King, up to 75% off! Plus, stay tuned for a second batch of deals this Friday!The Weekly Sale: Disney will last until March 6, 5PM UTC.

Naraya

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://af.gog.com/news/the_rpg_sale?as=1649904300
The RPG Sale: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, and more!
Dragonfall, and more!

2 hours ago
Eschalon: Book Ι now FREE & seminal RPGs up to 80% off! In many ways, the arrival of Torment: Tides of Numenera feels like the culmination of the isometric RPGs resurgence which started in recent years. With their impressive comeback still in full force, what better time to remind ourselves of their brilliance than an awesome RPG Sale?Kicking things off with a bang, Eschalon: Book I is now totally FREE! GOG.com has a 24h head-start on this giveaway so fans of hardcore RPGs can go ahead and treat themselves to this hidden gem. The other two entries in the series, Eschalon: Book II and III, also received a permanent price drop - on top of that, they are 60% off for the duration of this sale.This is also the perfect opportunity to discover or perhaps revisit several paragons of the isometric-RPG genre, like Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and its recent expansion Siege of Dragonspear, the revitalized Shadowrun series, and Wasteland 2 Director's Cut, among others.Celebrate your love for RPGs with a free copy of Eschalon: Book I and a grand Sale featuring a selection of celebrated games, going for up to -80%.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I don't know about you guys but I'm loving gog galaxy. Baldurs Gate is 6.66 good deal, every time I hear or read about Baldurs Gate I get butterflies in my stomach

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom