Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Bethesda's worst rpg

What's Bethesda's worst game?

• The Elder Scrolls: Arena

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • Fallout 3

Votes: 44 19.6%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 53 23.7%
  • None, they're all perfect

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • All of them are shit (kingcomrade)

Votes: 54 24.1%

• Total voters

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I approve of this poll's kingcomrade option because it's true that all of them are shit, and Bethesda is pure cancer. It's not EA or Ubisoft or Activision, it's Bethesda that is the worst gaming company on planet Earth.

Their development team is talentless, and their corporate team is human garbage.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I thought Daggerfall was decent (albeit bug-ridden) for its time, and Morrowind was okay too, but when faced with the task of picking out which of the remaining games awas the shittiest, I caved and just went kingcomrade.

Alkarl

Learned
I thought Daggerfall was decent (albeit bug-ridden) for its time, and Morrowind was okay too, but when faced with the task of picking out which of the remaining games awas the shittiest, I caved and just went kingcomrade.

I would also like to add to this that, while I, personally, can stand Oblivion, I don't have to. What with options and all.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Oblivion. It was soooo dumb. The voice acting was terrible and repetitive. The quests were mostly boring and uninspired. The main quest lacked the feeling of epicness that Morrowind had. Instead, you were the lackey of an NPC who is the important person in the game- and for whom you do fetch quests for all game. In the end, you literally watch the said NPC defeat the Big Bad Evil Guy. They couldn't at least make it so the player has the privilege of killing the end boss?

The only thing Oblivion had going for it was the pretty trees.

Got bored and left

Morrowind cuz u pint at things and dont hit them whats up with that. Adn u hev to read a lot an i dont like riding. Gaem is ugly, tto, cant paly without mods.

Seriosuly though, screw Oblivion. I'm still butthurt about it, and I'll probably never stop.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I still have PTSD from Oblivion. I was a naive little boy that was hyped beyond belief back then. I saved up money for months to be able to buy a new pc that could run Oblivion and Gothic 3, which in my daydreams i pictured as some form of divine new generation of rpgs. Bigger, better, graphically advanced and less buggy than Gothic 2 and Morrowind, with deeper gameplay and improved, lifelike AI. The following reality check hit me like a clusterbomb. 2006 was a tough year for me.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The KC option is soooo tempting.. but I even picked Fallout 4 over Lolblivion.

I said it more than once: if Fallout 4 makes me look back at Fallout 3 and think "they did it better in FO3", something is really wrong, considering the KKK on FO3. I could write walls of text about those declines and steps back.

TLDR: Half of the game looks like it was done by some small team as their first work with a severe lack of communication, not a AAA studio. :obviously:

Ash

Arcane
Oblivion or Skyrim, for me. FO3 certainly had plenty poorly executed aspects, but Oblivion and Skyrim are banal bland and boring to the core. There's actually entertainment to be had in FO3 laughing at Moria Brown or the stupid intro. At least they're stand-out characters and events. In Oblivion and Skyrim everything and everyone is just a generic mesh of blandness. Also the dumbing down of gameplay was arguably greater in the Elder Scrolls' "evolution".

adrix89

Arbiter
Why are there so many of my country here?
Oblivion by the simple fact that its unplayable.

I remember playing it and not caring about optimizing builds and shit(spamming summons) and eventually ending up in Kvatch(or something) and there were like hundreds of creatures all over the map where I could barely kill one.
Even if had the super perfect build there would still be no point. The game was fucked. Bandits in glass, mythril and daedric. The game was fucked.

At least skyrim with mods is an enjoyable action game.
Fallout 3 was at least playable, Fallout 4 isn't a RPG but can be enjoyed in its on way by fucking about exploring and shooting.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Muh "Oblivion sucks" hivemind. What a great forum. Lol.

Considering Skyim was even more dumbed down than Oblivion, I find it objectively worse. Removed radiant AI systems dumbing down the NPCs and world in general, removed almost all stats and switched to a linear skill-tree system, making character customization far less thoughtful and immersive. The environment is bleak and monotonous even compared to Cyrodil which I frequently found far more pleasing to the eyes (ignoring the pop-ins, especially when using mods). Magic is limiting and basically garbage at end game since they removed spellmaking and didn't add any enchantments that actually increase base spell damage. Skyrim is a fucking mess only saved by mods.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
How in hell is Oblivion worse than Skyrim or FO4, you dick-riding fanboys

Vanilla skyrim was maybe 33% finished at launch, and the code was so incredibly shit that you will NEVER be able to fix shadows or z-flicker :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But I understand, if youre served a toolset alongside shit + wait 2 more years until its fully patched + install 2312893129837 community mods + dragons/Nordic BS = clearly GOTY

And FO4 is a binary-choice, Diablo-like shoot-em-up fake RPG. Again tools were served with shit, hoping fans will fix it so they can take all the credit

Literally a half of you are proud wearers of the title "Todd Howard's concubine wannabe"

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that Oblivion came after their last decent game, Morrowind. Disappointment leads to harsh feelings.
Then noone really expected anything better I guess

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Removed radiant AI
Actually, Bethesda removed and/or completely gutted Radiant AI in Oblivion.

Removed? No. Gutted? Yes.

Regardless, "I stand with my arms crossed for 24 hours a day" is far worse than "I have a complex schedule that involves traveling half of Cyrodiil 3 days out of the week, eating dinner, visiting friends, and having semi-random conversations with other npcs".

How in hell is Oblivion worse than Skyrim or FO4, you dick-riding fanboys

This guy knows what's up.

Last edited:

Revenant

Regarding Oblivion, did you all seriously dislike it back when it was new or are you just retroactively bashing it now? I played it when it was released (I wasn't a Codexer back then and in fact it was the Oblivion review that got me into the Codex) and it was like the best gaem ever, the only thing that bothered me back then was that level scaling was not implemented properly. However, exploration was pretty good (towns were nice), some quests were really good and obviously graphics at the time were stellar. Also, dungeons were really big and that was an incline for me after 3 room Morrowind dungeons. Yeah, there are better games to play now than Oblivion, but did you all hated in on release? I call bullshit.

Also, voted Fallout 4 even without playing it, as it is an abomination and any Codexer who has Steam hours on it should be insta-banned.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I approve of this poll's kingcomrade option because it's true that all of them are shit, and Bethesda is pure cancer. It's not EA or Ubisoft or Activision, it's Bethesda that is the worst gaming company on planet Earth.

Their development team is talentless, and their corporate team is human garbage.
I have to disagree. I have a personal vendetta against Ubishit after they destroyed Heroes of Might and Magic, they need to die first.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Oblivion was unplayable even with patches. Not even mods could save it.

Not it wasn't , you deluded mongrel

On the other hand, Skyrim wasn't even REMOTELY playable on the PC at launch... first week since release had 100 hotfixes ya dunce

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I played Skyrim at launch with a toaster PC and it was completely playable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom