Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know how Chris allowed them to deface and mangle his child (PS:T) like this. He was even on the team. I suppose he now knows how Clive Barker feels.

Cromwell

Arcane
Regarding the release date, will there be a specific time for the release or just midnight in my region?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So bugs and performance issues are the biggest things to cry about @german review? not bad. Personally, I found little to no bugs and it ran flawlessly on my rig @beta. So far so good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Story being painfully linear (this depends on what they mean) and combat being shit aren't big enough cons now? ;d When even random reviewers note the terrible combat and character systems you better believe it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck is that interface. Jesus. I've purposefully been avoiding the beta's updates and screenshots for the last couple months.

It's not even as bad as everyone here in the codex said it was. It's fucking worse.
Pull your head out of your ass and use that small brain of yours. Can't you see that is that PS4 HUD? And if you took 1 minute to look up a PC screenshot you would see that it is nothing like that. Fucking Christ, some people are playing the Codex attitude to the level of idiocy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Story being painfully linear (this depends on what they mean) and combat being shit aren't big enough cons now? ;d When even random reviewers note the terrible combat and character systems you better believe it.
You cannot trust console reviewers on anything but opinion on technical data. They got a different set of values (real shit ones) than the rest of us.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You cannot trust console reviewers on anything but opinion on technical data. They got a different set of values (real shit ones) than the rest of us.

Yeah, I guess you are right, we'll see in 15ish hours. Someone will quickly put up the demo probably.

Unless I fell into some sort of time warp overnight, they changed the unlock time on GOG. It's now midnight PST/08:00 GMT.

It was 48ish hours when I went to bed last night, so they most likely changed it.

Leocruta

Novice
No it's actually getting even worse than that. Bethesda with Doom, didn't even give review copies out until the release date. The reasoning was that "its unfair to normal customers" but ofcourse that meant that either reviews would be late or rushed.
Weirdly, the game was good for what it was. Doesn't make sense to have all this secrecy

It's to set a precedent. Now, when they pull the same stunt in the future, people will defend it by pointing at Doom.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What the fuck is that interface. Jesus. I've purposefully been avoiding the beta's updates and screenshots for the last couple months.

It's not even as bad as everyone here in the codex said it was. It's fucking worse.
Pull your head out of your ass and use that small brain of yours. Can't you see that is that PS4 HUD? And if you took 1 minute to look up a PC screenshot you would see that it is nothing like that. Fucking Christ, some people are playing the Codex attitude to the level of idiocy.
The UI on PC is pretty much identical. The only difference appears to be the radial menu to the lower right of the main UI.

Moth

Learned

The desire to review your masterpiece of a game is intensifying, friendo. <3 <3 <3

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Still no GOG key for me (I redeemed the Steam Key for the Beta but they said they would offer an exchange option)
Edit: NVM, sea said they still working on it.

Weasel

Nothing like it? J_C gonna J_C I guess.

Mortmal

Arcane
So better to play it with a controller like it was intended to, or i still can use my mouse and keyboard ?

Deleted member 7219

What does one release hour matter?

I won't be reading this thread at all during my first playthrough of the game, so I want to get through it as quickly as possible so I can come back here and take in all the butthurt. It's gonna be something special.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom