Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Moth

Learned
What the fuck is that interface. Jesus. I've purposefully been avoiding the beta's updates and screenshots for the last couple months.

It's not even as bad as everyone here in the codex said it was. It's fucking worse.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the fuck is that interface. Jesus. I've purposefully been avoiding the beta's updates and screenshots for the last couple months.

It's not even as bad as everyone here in the codex said it was. It's fucking worse.

PS4 review

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I suppose we can't really be surprised if it turns out shit, we've had the warning signs for a while (consoles, cut content, etc.). Too bad we had to "wait" 3 years and a half for them to half-ass it. Like someone mentioned, Absurdian would've churned this out in like a year.

AMG

Arbiter
Cut content isn't a sign of being shit, every game has cut content.

The biggest warning that it would be shit was that it was made by inXile.

Moth

Learned
I suppose we can't really be surprised if it turns out shit, we've had the warning signs for a while (consoles, cut content, etc.). Too bad we had to "wait" 3 years and a half for them to half-ass it. Like someone mentioned, Absurdian would've churned this out in like a year.

Despite being pessimistic and cynical about this from the day I forked out forty dollars to the Kickstarter, for some reason, there is a part of me that hopes there is some sense of ethics that is buried deep within the marrow of the dev's bones that will spur them on to restore a lot of content via freeLC.

But even I know that I am just being delusional at this point.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PS4 review

I've heard from a lot of people that the console and PC GUI's are identical now, though. Have I just heard from too many saltlords trying to discredited "Ineptile" at every possible turn, or is this true?

Many people will tell you the PC interface is "consolized" but it doesn't have the same radial interface as this, no.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If this turns out shit I might ask a refund for my BT4 KS support. After WL2 being average, I cannot trust them to deliver a good BT4 is TToN if also average or shit.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

PS4 review

So? Big difference. Save for that wheel they're identical.

Many people will tell you that everything is OK and just as in PST, but they're shills.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If this turns out shit I might ask a refund for my BT4 KS support. After WL2 being average, I cannot trust them to deliver a good BT4 is TToN if also average or shit.
Well I did ask for the refunds of both tton and bt4 pledges last time. No more treating inXile as someone I can give money up front. This honor will remain with iron tower only for now on.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From the German review :
Pro:

- Good Story, nearly as good as Witcher 3

Con:

- awful performance on PS4 Pro
- bad graphics even when compared to other "revival" Games; terrible character animations and poses, sterile atmosphere
- character and combat system are serviceable, but no more than that
- story is still linear and predetermined (reviewer warns not to believe "marketing speak" here)

Summary: "More of a book than a game - but a very good book."
There seems to be like 5 pros, what do the others say?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I'm under embargo but any reviewer that doesn't give a balanced praise for every complaint is not a trustworthy source

He means that the German review I posted shows 5 "Pro" bullet points but Florian only translated one.

I don't know German but it seems to be praising the story, the setting, the quests, the multiple solutions, all of which I guess Florian is putting under the umbrella of "story".

Cromwell

Arcane
From the German review :
Pro:

- Good Story, nearly as good as Witcher 3

Con:

- awful performance on PS4 Pro
- bad graphics even when compared to other "revival" Games; terrible character animations and poses, sterile atmosphere
- character and combat system are serviceable, but no more than that
- story is still linear and predetermined (reviewer warns not to believe "marketing speak" here)

Summary: "More of a book than a game - but a very good book."
There seems to be like 5 pros, what do the others say?

exceptional, deep story, many good sidestories, peaceful options for solving quests, interesting whacky setting

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do games usually have review embargo at release date? This doesn't seem super pro-consumer, but maybe it's stardard now.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do games usually have review embargo at release date? This doesn't seem super pro-consumer, but maybe it's stardard now.
No it's actually getting even worse than that. Bethesda with Doom, didn't even give review copies out until the release date. The reasoning was that "its unfair to normal customers" but ofcourse that meant that either reviews would be late or rushed.
Weirdly, the game was good for what it was. Doesn't make sense to have all this secrecy

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm under embargo but any reviewer that doesn't give a balanced praise for every complaint is not a trustworthy source

He means that the German review I posted shows 5 "Pro" bullet points but Florian only translated one.

I don't know German but it seems to be praising the story, the setting, the quests, the multiple solutions, all of which I guess Florian is putting under the umbrella of "story".
Yep, that's what I meant.
exceptional, deep story, many good sidestories, peaceful options for solving quests, interesting whacky setting
Thanks.

Cromwell

Arcane
So now we trust German console magazine reviews? :decline:

I wouldnt, especially not if they say "almost as good as witcher 3" since the story there was mediocre at best regardless of muh bloody baron. I also wouldnt count "peaceful resolutions to quests" as a strong pro point rather than a given for the sort of game I thought they are going for, it could only be a negative point if that wasnt possible, but not a pro point that it is.

fobia

From the german review, only the pros and cons listed above the rating:

+ + exceptional, complex Story

+ + many small sidequests

+ interesting, (eccentric) setting

+ quests have different solutions

+ peaceful solutions in conflicts

- nearly no visual presentation

- - some annoying bugs

- - serious performance problems

Edit. Didn't see your post, sorry Cromwell!

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
I'm actually pretty hyped to play it, not sure how long that will last while doing so, going in with an open mind despite being heavily disappointed by the writing in the alpha version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom