Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Saduj

Arcane
Hey, man. Sorry to reply to this post *this* late, but just to be sure.... does this mean an official translation is in progress?

On side note, there's this guy on NMA who had been translating Fallout of Nevada mod since September last year, and damn he's pretty determined in doing it. With the help from modders like Risewild of TTW team and .Pixote. of Mutants Rising team, and some others, from the latest update he posted just a minute ago, it's 30% done.

The link that was posted was from the guy you're talking about. Seems like the translation has slowed down but based on his overall pace, he could be done this fall if we are lucky. Of course, there is a chance he gets sick of spending dozens of hours of his free time on this before then.

If you're curious to just check the mod out, there is a Google translation out there. You can get it by going to Drobovik's fallout database that is stickied in the NMA modding forum. I messed around with that a while ago. I think I was close to the end but there were times where I really didn't know what was going on and eventually I got to a point where important conversations just read "ERROR". Wouldn't recommend trying to play the game through with that translation but it is serviceable enough if you want to check out a few locations.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
The link that was posted was from the guy you're talking about. Seems like the translation has slowed down but based on his overall pace, he could be done this fall if we are lucky. Of course, there is a chance he gets sick of spending dozens of hours of his free time on this before then.

If you're curious to just check the mod out, there is a Google translation out there. You can get it by going to Drobovik's fallout database that is stickied in the NMA modding forum. I messed around with that a while ago. I think I was close to the end but there were times where I really didn't know what was going on and eventually I got to a point where important conversations just read "ERROR". Wouldn't recommend trying to play the game through with that translation but it is serviceable enough if you want to check out a few locations.
Wait, really? I didn't really notice that. The latest update in github was 4 months ago (September 18th), while the guy in NMA seemed like he started at September 22nd/23rd, and his latest update was from November 1st:
Dionis said:
Ok update done plus two more files today 351 total, 497 to go

Here is the game itself i see many people have trouble finding it https://yadi.sk/d/KD355BMjmfcx5 you only need to install Fallout of Nevada 1.02 exe

Here is our latest translation https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n7fl44hcw0voqj/FN Translation v0.06.zip?dl=0instructions are in readme file

I wont make a guide for this town because i dont want to spoil anything anymore, from now on you're on your own

If there is any problem let me know please, i hope you enjoy!

Tomorow I'll get my set up ready for New Reno and will join Owing on that beast ( I think it has most of the game files but i might be wrong so the time for next update is going to be very long)
I assume this is where he stuck at 30% progress, but now he seems ready to do this again because he's just updated the thread in NMA again.

The link to the mod was dead, so he re-shared it again

Saduj

Arcane
Wait, really? I didn't really notice that. The latest update in github was 4 months ago (September 18th), while the guy in NMA seemed like he started at September 22nd/23rd, and his latest update was from November 1st:

Based on some comments he made after that, it seemed like he was getting ready to spend more time on it again. Glad to see he made some more updates yesterday. Would love to play this and understand what's going on. They even added a button to the interface where if you press it, your character starts screaming for help. Couldn't tell if it was a joke or if there was a practical use for it someplace....

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
These Czechs know that Fallout is set after a nuclear fallout right?

Why the use of a biohazard symbol everywhere?

Vaclav_Klaus.jpg

:decline:

Last edited:

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Eh, play the game, symbol is explained.

Played almost to the end with unarmed/sneak/lockpick, no companions. Man is this game (mod) good! I thoroughly enjoy it, and i know i'm missing a ton, because i haven't read this thread or any wikis until i got to the point where game revealed it's (ITZ) twists (so even more stuff for replays!).

And being a native russian speaker i'll now also seek out Olympus and Nevada (never bothered with them before, somewhat of an allergy to translated games, but 1.5 showed me how good a Fallot mod can be).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fuck yeah. Anyone here habe completed nevada? How does it compare with 1.5?

I only played with my google translated files (but it constantly broke files somewhere and fill NPC texts with rubbish). Only first map - a lot of possibilities (can even skip mission to go outside and pass few years ahead), your skills are finally put to use (like Repair and Science). Then played blind and can say it's way better than Fallout 1.5 and 2.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I always enjoy seeing good old games get so much support this long after they were made. Really tells you about the state of modern video games.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Just finished replaying this yesterday for the first time since it released, SO much better with the recent patches. Managed to finish most towns and areas to my satisfaction, didn't encounter any broken quests (that i didn't fuck up myself) and my playthrough was a good 8-10 hours longer than the first time as so much more content was accessible. Thank God for those skillbooks in Sedit though, the game gives no clue that Science over 100 is going to be so useful until the last chunk of the game.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
ust finished replaying this yesterday for the first time since it released, SO much better with the recent patches. Managed to finish most towns and areas to my satisfaction, didn't encounter any broken quests (that i didn't fuck up myself) and my playthrough was a good 8-10 hours longer than the first time as so much more content was accessible. Thank God for those skillbooks in Sedit though, the game gives no clue that Science over 100 is going to be so useful until the last chunk of the game.

Did they change a few bits of the writing or the ending? I liked the story so far, but the last bit about my character didn't really fit in my mind.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Depends, I only got through it the first time through straight up combat.
This time I saved 2 levels worth of skill points so I could try out different approaches -- most of the time I got close to the end of the "final area" via nonviolent means. There were two endings (one *good* one *evil*) that let me use speech, one that let me use science on a computer, I brought my companions in with me in disguise, another option (with high science and repair) gave me an extra robot companion, Got the Gauss rifle too late to do much with it...there were at least 6 different ways to approach the end depending on build, but many of them required certain skills to be over 110% even if you'd rarely used them previously.

also i definitely backtracked and spent more money on "science and repair" skillbooks in Sedit than anything else, despite barely needing either skill until ProGema and Rebirth base.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Just finished replaying this yesterday for the first time since it released, SO much better with the recent patches. Managed to finish most towns and areas to my satisfaction, didn't encounter any broken quests (that i didn't fuck up myself) and my playthrough was a good 8-10 hours longer than the first time as so much more content was accessible. Thank God for those skillbooks in Sedit though, the game gives no clue that Science over 100 is going to be so useful until the last chunk of the game.
Did the patches tweak the lock-out points for working for the Mutant Hunters, Vault Fucks, 'Hospital' staff, and tribals? One of the things that bothered me in the original release was that you couldn't have multiple quests active for the competing factions, New Reno families style, only to be locked out of content based on what you do. Rather you get locked out of faction stuff for merely talking to people and agreeing to do things.

It's probably my biggest complaint of the whole mod.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
No, much of that is still in place. Maybe some things changed, but it was so broken on release I rarely saw more than the first quest or two for a give faction before just going full combat. I was able to associate with both mutant hunters and tribals, and still get into Imperial City, but even doing that first tribals quest locked me out of the hospital. It feels like the kind of game that is great going in blind (at least with current patches) then metagaming for the second playthrough so you can see what to do different and not just replay the same outcomes.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
No, much of that is still in place. Maybe some things changed, but it was so broken on release I rarely saw more than the first quest or two for a give faction before just going full combat. I was able to associate with both mutant hunters and tribals, and still get into Imperial City, but even doing that first tribals quest locked me out of the hospital. If feels like the kind of game that is great going in blind (at least with current patches) then metagaming for the second playthrough so you can see what to do different and not just replay the same outcomes.
A better man, i.e. not me, would release a FO 1.5 mod that changed the lock-out points to occur based upon quest resolution, not acceptance.

Sadly, I'm just going to complain on this forum.

Shadenuat

Arcane
This one is not bad, location design is fairly weak compared to Nevada, but everything else is like an intermediate between F1 and F2. Too much copy pasting of original game but quests feel surprisingly fresh. Rat Hole was decent, Sedit is alright too.

Any alternative way to kill Sanchez after you side with the ghouls? Was hoping for alternative way of using that FEV syringe.
Any reason to join raiders if my goal is to kill them later?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Finished this, with a few exceptions...:
- Too much cargo cult design and (not)self-quoting
- Some encounters and balance like 200 hp ghouls in PWA everywhere felt retarded
- Infodumps with 3-sentence Fallout dialogue window
- Both (human)companions hawt women PST reference?
- Main idea/secret of the game not worked on much, you just get infoDUMB at the end of the game
- I think this game has more plasma rifles than even F2, I don't remember running around with 50000 caps by not really doing anything
- I think they overdid with grimdork and amount of butt rape, is there a city without gay/pedo or other predator?
- Some primitive and abrupt faction play aka do 1 mission for 1 faction get locked out of everything else
- Main villain is kinda a retard
- Screw no-waiting in the cities, same design as 5 loading screens for rest in PoE

...it is quite good. Very competent quest design, well done side NPCs, some of that could exist in original Fallouts and would not draw any shame to itself. I think that's the direction and expansion Fallout 1 writing should have taken into Fallout 2, instead of hurrdurr and cultural references.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I forced myself to deal with edgy city (haha, city, right...) Rat Hole and it's only a bit better.
Reached Sedit and made few quests for Frederik, I feel like I'm gonna regret it soon.
Time to venture into Lost Town through deathclaw cave. This gonna be good...
I made mistake and spend skillpoints on small guns instead of books. To get money on them at the beginning I had to pickpocket NPCs for stimpacks. If I had to buy them normal way then I don't know where to get ~11240 caps... and heck, prices here hurts and matter (for now, it's not FO1/2/Tact where you pay a visit to 2 settlements and money become no issue) and merchants with their small caps bags does not help.
Not sure if worse than Underrail trade or else...

BTW. I found the list of things that McGuyver can do
Radscorpion Tail + Lighter = Ultra Stimpak
Frag Grenade + Flower = Daisies
Box of Noodles + Stimpak = Tool
Flare + Deck of "Tragic" Cards + Pocket Lint = Expanded Lockpick Set
Psycho + Meat Jerky = First Aid Kit
Mentat + Iguana-on-a-stick (whole) = Doctor's Bag
Scout Handbook + Nuka-Cola = Motion Sensor
Plastic Explosives + Mutated Toe = Geiger Counter
Fuzzy Painting + Beer + Dice = Stealth Boy
Rubber Doll + Dynamite + Rubber Boots = Combat Armor(!)
Condom + Daisies + Desert Eagle + Cookie = Alien Blaster(!!)
turns out - that junk from midget in Sedit is useful
edit2
and boy, playing it with sfall or whatever that fix/mod change damage dealing is something game changing for sure.
edit3
I had deja vu watching Pope Amole's LP where he went straight into Progema. You start in the village in the northwest corner of the worldmap, then go south to reach facility with advanced stuff (like in FO2) and you do this to get p.good armor (FO2 anyone?) which is not as good as Power Armor, blow boulders (Military Base in FO2) and drop rope to see another big hole in the middle and it's full of radiation (Glow in FO1). All nice and dandy then entry is blocked by deathclaw. Upgraded combat shotgun did some job but boy - it HURT both of us.
edit4
People did not liked wasteland full of assholes in FO1.5 (it's apocalypse, what do you expected?) but another city is not better. Genocidal fascists with big guns and armors is not something to joke about...
edit5
I remember bug with broken quest in Sedit - kicking out bandits did not worked. How did they solved it? Killing any bandit in that basement gave me message "All bandits from Sedit are gone now".
Weird but that's how it work here.

Last edited:

decaf

Learned
Yep, Sedit raider base quest is bugged.
Simply entering and exiting base, or killing 1 raider, makes the game say "all raiders are killed".
Also affects Federyk, even when I just visited the base but killed nobody, option to say "I have already cleared raider base" appears.

valcik

Arcane
I suspect that raiders attacking caravans in random encounters around Sedit and raiders in the base are flagged as the same entity, so any raiders killed around Sedit are counted toward the Frederyk's quest too. (Daemon seem to be hell-bent on finishing patch 1.6, so hopefuly this will be fixed. Thanks for reporting guys.)

decaf

Learned
I got 200 karma when I traveled straight from Sedit to ABQ. Quite funny that ABQ's shaman thought I was some selfless hero, but I
sold shit to both sides in Rat Hole, then when confronting Alexa with Julian, let both die to take their inventory. Then took Federyk's informants money, then sold him out by ratting on him, shot him and didn't tell Federyk anything. Also slaughtered all the raiders, never asked about anything, just walked in, said "no you won't take me anywhere" then killed everyone. Added +80 karma after whole base killed, guess killing raiders just gives karma points.
Just avoid digging up graves for no reason and your karma will be positive.

Didn't like the fact that taking Falcon's Flight quest locks you out of Rodriguez's quests. Come on, lemme join both sides then sell them both out. For the greater loot good. Is the gamer way!

Wandering ghoul patrols destroy me if I spawn close. 1 shot melted by plasma rifle 44hp, fug! Thought I could get away with traveling unhealed.

spychemist

Barely Literate
I can't find Charlie anywhere in lost town to get the quest to scrapyard. I need it in order to find the missing part from power generator at Mutant Base. Anyone knows where exactly this Charlie is? Also, maybe there is another location where I can find the missing part?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom