Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Have you replayed the whole game or just used an old save? Because I'm not sure if the build with Polish translation doesn't mess things up.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Have you replayed the whole game or just used an old save? Because I'm not sure if the build with Polish translation doesn't mess things up.

Huh, yeah it works on new game. Guess it's the old save that's b0rked.

EDIT: restarting the game also unb0rked the old save. Wooo.

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I guess it's just some minor tweaks like the new savage blow passive effect. Now, instead of inflicting 25% more damages, "victims" loose 1 strength point and things like that.
Not really sure though, as I was already playing with this new effect

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Tried this for and got a bit bored with it after a couple of hours.

Combat in AoD is fun because it's set in the context of a full fledged game; it's interspersed with exploration and dialogue, and it advances your character's development in meaningful ways.

But the AoD combat system by itself is actually rather bare bones and unexciting, and it doesn't feel like it's enough to carry a game on it's own. I'll make an earnest attempt at finishing Dungeon Rats later on anyways, though.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Give us tl;dr version - what happened to her at the end of video? Was she infuriated? )))

She did pretty well, actually. Playing on "murderous psychopath" she reached the queen, but the twitch ended there.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I made a high charisma, high intelligence build with crossbow and block. There is no handcrossbow anywhere at the bottom to use with a shield. WTF?

Parabalus

Arcane
I made a high charisma, high intelligence build with crossbow and block. There is no handcrossbow anywhere at the bottom to use with a shield. WTF?

You can get right after the elevator, or before you get to Roxanne at least.

Also, don't be a pussy, remove those points from block and put them into CS.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Too late! :D

My point is that this choice of build should be supported on the bottom.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Some suggestions to improve the quality of life in gameplay:

- Allow the player to use healing salves in the ration-healing screen.

- The numbers of the stats in the inventory screen are too small. If you want to heal, you need to look at the numbers closely. Your HP numbers should change their colors when they are altered by a healing salve, e.g., they could become bolded for a moment.

- The hand you are using should be the hand of the weapon you just reloaded.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Sooo, guys - I have troubles with Crossbow Solo, can't solve first two fights.
Help? Advice?
Am I doing something wrong, or...?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So far this is my best result.

As you can see... shit will hit the fan next turn.

As if knifes Ardomir and bowman got isn't enough, Ardomir got also stones...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom