Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yup the final bosses are on the easy side, but the DLc fixed that having 3 tremendously tough and fun bosses and a very good fight with the sanctuary guardian
In a way those 4 bosses pretty much defined the way future bosses would be haddled with bosses powering up and becoming more dangerous and aggresive halfway through the figtt

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, I'd love this game a lot more if I didn't get a headache from playing it for more than an hour.

sullynathan

Arcane
what? The 4 kings are the hardest bosses in this game in NG+ and up only rivaled by Kalameet. I fucking hate New Londo overall.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
TotG is a massive pain as well the first couple times through.

That's personal/situational, I thought it was great escaping it's depths after stumbling in way too early and pushing it way too far before realizing I got in way over my head (waywaywayway). The view of the exit was awesome, as was coming back later properly exploring and murdering everything with relative ease.

just personal/situational

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
TotG is a massive pain as well the first couple times through.

That's personal/situational, I thought it was great escaping it's depths after stumbling in way too early and pushing it way too far before realizing I got in way over my head (waywaywayway). The view of the exit was awesome, as was coming back later properly exploring and murdering everything with relative ease.

just personal/situational
Same experience for me. I did the Parish Bell then headed straight for Pinwheel and TotG. Took me north of 20h to get to the yellow wall and crawl back up.

Getting the ember made it worth it though.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Well, as i played Dark Souls more, i started to feel that i LOVE this shit game. :love:

50e.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo guise, a small teeny thing, anyone in a position to gift me a Sif and Moonlight Butterfly soul? Need them for the "All rare weapons" achievement. Unfotunately I accidentaly gulped down the Butterfly soul on my NG and you need three items from Sif. I'm currently on NG+ and don't feel like doing NG++ anytime soon (lvl 125 now). But I'd like all achievements done.

My thanks to anyone who miraculously happens to be able to help.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yo guise, a small teeny thing, anyone in a position to gift me a Sif and Moonlight Butterfly soul? Need them for the "All rare weapons" achievement. Unfotunately I accidentaly gulped down the Butterfly soul on my NG and you need three items from Sif. I'm currently on NG+ and don't feel like doing NG++ anytime soon. But I'd like all achievements done.

I think I have them on a character I abandoned

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo guise, a small teeny thing, anyone in a position to gift me a Sif and Moonlight Butterfly soul? Need them for the "All rare weapons" achievement. Unfotunately I accidentaly gulped down the Butterfly soul on my NG and you need three items from Sif. I'm currently on NG+ and don't feel like doing NG++ anytime soon. But I'd like all achievements done.

Well if you find it my Steam ID is Carlos77.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Well if you find it my Steam ID is Carlos77.
There's a bunch of carloses77

boot

Prophet
I really hate that a character is basically just a weapon holder. The weapon/equips used matters more than the build, all characters end up the same. That's a huge damning flaw. Building characters is just matching parameters for all the equips you want using meta knowledge.

Never loved Dark Souls. Treat it like a cheap arcade game. Too much of the game depends on:

You died xDD brebear do die xDD

After first play through the game was spent. Arcade games aren't fun when they're easy.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I really hate that a character is basically just a weapon holder. The weapon/equips used matters more than the build, all characters end up the same. That's a huge damning flaw. Building characters is just matching parameters for all the equips you want using meta knowledge.

Never loved Dark Souls. Treat it like a cheap arcade game. Too much of the game depends on:

After first play through the game was spent. Arcade games aren't fun when they're easy.
Yeah funny how all the bad players always blame the game the character build system etc
If you were anygood to actually finish the game and replay it several times you would never say shit like that since a Stength build doublehadding an Axe and tanking on heavy armor, Pyro using fireballs and a mage build play nothing alike
Git Gud and then talk about the game later noob

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I don't like dex builds much, I enjoy the momentum of swinging huge weapons...BLAM good feeling.

The ideal build to me is quality since you can use the greatest variety of weapons, but I abandoned a quality char soon after getting the lordvessel so I wanna try something new

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The thing is that for a pyro once you get combustion you can pretty much use that instead of melee and it is very powerful and since casting doesnt take stamina in the first game it can be almost as good as going blam with a huge Berserk sword so most Pyros stick to smaller quicker weapons but hey try it out and see how you like it

boot

Prophet
Invictus

Excidium attempted to defuse conflict by talking bullshit about character builds. Anyone reading this thread 100 years from now might think I backed out of the thread.

I'm butthurt, want to sleep. Invictus I will play u in dark souls, I am no scrub. Beat this cheap arcade game enough to know it's flaws. Only have it on 360 though

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The thing is that for a pyro once you get combustion you can pretty much use that instead of melee and it is very powerful and since casting doesnt take stamina in the first game it can be almost as good as going blam with a huge Berserk sword so most Pyros stick to smaller quicker weapons but hey try it out and see how you like it
Yeah I know, also dex reduces pyromancy cast time by a decent amount

boot

Prophet
All builds amount to meeting parameters for gear/spells. Sorcerer pew pews, dex uses quick weapon, str slow, can spec for enchants... it's all the same shit. You just use different gear. Gain enough souls and even distinctions between builds blur.

I don't think I'm wrong. Character building means nothing because it's all about the equipment.

sullynathan

Arcane

Stop making retarded comments and go to the Witcher 3 thread for your story fag needs

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Calling for mods on the Codex is like praying to Crom. At best you're ignored. At worst, you're watchwitzed.

Emmanuel2

Savant
All builds amount to meeting parameters for gear/spells. Sorcerer pew pews, dex uses quick weapon, str slow, can spec for enchants... it's all the same shit. You just use different gear. Gain enough souls and even distinctions between builds blur.

I don't think I'm wrong. Character building means nothing because it's all about the equipment.

I agree since it does basically come down to levels, any character can equip anything provided he has the stats for it. There are also softcaps meaning that the path to becoming a master-of-all character is relatively easy provided you have the time. Which is also why people restrict levels when theorycrafting PvP builds, in order to maximize invasions while min/maxing stats.

Also, anyone can say Dark Souls is easy once they've beaten it.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
or maybe once they have successfully gravelorded someone

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom