Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

eXalted

Arcane
Man, someone give Josh the green light for a historical RPG. He is just crazy about making one.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
8FyovQ6.png

:decline:

:slamdunk:

Sentinel

Arcane
Feb 24 - PAYPAL IS NOW LIVE! eternity.obsidian.net/backer If you aren't able to back through Fig and still want to become a backer of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, you now have the option to pledge via Paypal! Head on over and create an account, or log in using your existing forum credentials.

page is offline though

Prime Junta

Man, someone give Josh the green light for a historical RPG. He is just crazy about making one.

Hear hear.

The one thing about him that rubs me the wrong way is that he's such an engineer about this shit. He's a very competent designer, he knows how to get shit done, he knows a lot about how most of his audience plays his games and what they want, he knows how to strike a pretty good :balance: between different groups of his players, making them roughly equally unhappy... but he might as well be making accounting software.

I hope to God one day they'll let him make a game he's actually passionate about. He deserves it, and we deserve it.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Yes, in his GDC talk about PoE he said that PoE's system isn't what he personally likes, but what he thinks the majority of the target group would like / dislike the least.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Feb 24 - PAYPAL IS NOW LIVE! eternity.obsidian.net/backer If you aren't able to back through Fig and still want to become a backer of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, you now have the option to pledge via Paypal! Head on over and create an account, or log in using your existing forum credentials.

page is offline though

Works for me.

Welcome to the Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Portal
  1. 1Pledges
  2. 2Rewards
  3. 3Addons
  4. 4Finalize Pledge
Attention Fig Backers!
If you are a Fig backer, please continue to manage your pledge through Fig's portal until the campaign is over. Your pledges from Fig will then be imported approximately 30 days after the campaign ends and we'll notify you via e-mail when we're ready. Stay tuned!

Can't Back on Fig?
If you are unable to back on Fig or prefer not to back on Fig, please click on Pledge Now below! We offer PayPal if you prefer it to paying with Stripe or credit card.

FAQ
What does it mean to make a pledge? How does this differ from buying the game? Is this considered a donation or a pre-order?
Crowdfunding endeavors like this campaign are a form of fundraising where all donations contributed go toward the development of a particular project that a large enough amount of people may find interesting.

The donation you make is called a pledge, and is not a pre-order in the traditional sense; in exchange for your pledge, you receive rewards that would either be unavailable at retail (such as special collector's editions), are provided at a discount, or offer some other feature that will not be available to future customers.

As with all crowdfunding endeavors, there is risk associated with pledging. There have been other crowdfunded projects that have had issues completing on time, or worse, completing at all. We highly recommend researching the risks of crowdfunding before pledging. Obsidian has successfully created and delivered a crowdfundeded project, Pillars of Eternity, and we plan to use the practices used on that game to protect your pledges and deliver what we're offering.

I'd like to back Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Can I still do so?
Yes! We recommend backing on Fig if you have a credit card, but if you don't or prefer not to use Fig, please click Pledge Now above.

Why do I have to confirm my pledge if I made a pledge on Fig?
For several reasons:

1. Saves Time and Money: The Backer Portal allows us to coordinate our support efforts between Fig backers and backers who could not or preferred not to use Fig. We can limit the amount of support people needed to manage taking in the amount of information needed for each backer. It's important to us to use your money for making the game as great as we can. We do not use any personal data provided on this site other than to complete your pledge, let you know about the status of the game, or to let you know about games we're making that are similar. We do not share this info with any outside parties other than shipping partners to get you your rewards..
  2. Surveys: Fig allows for surveys, but only for Fig backers. We have many PayPal backers too, and some of our surveys are quite complex at the higher tier levels. Having this in one place makes it much easier to coordinate.
  3. Upgrading: One of our most popular requests has been to allow backers to upgrade their tiers and/or buy more addons after the campaign is over. This portal allows interested users to do that.
  4. Fulfillment: The site allows users a one-stop location to update shipping information and redeem all digital goods, such as game keys and more.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the question?
Can't just go in there "hey I'm here to ask about the battlefield UI"

If the AMA is still going on, it's about making the battlefield UI clearer and making it more obvious whether you are hitting targets or not, without having to stare at your combat log the entire battle. The health bars obstruct the view a lot, too.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
GGlQu8g.png

:M

I hope the quest associated with the talking sword will be something like the black sword in Forge of Virtue for Ultima 7.

Sentinel

Arcane

page is offline though

Works for me.
Must be something on my end then. Tried on Chromium with extensions disabled, get a 404. Tried on bloatfox with noscript disabled, get a 404. Odd.

PS: Works now.

Sentinel

Arcane
What's the question?
Can't just go in there "hey I'm here to ask about the battlefield UI"

If the AMA is still going on, it's about making the battlefield UI clearer and making it more obvious whether you are hitting targets or not, without having to stare at your combat log the entire battle. The health bars obstruct the view a lot, too.
AMA is over pal. Sorry.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

page is offline though

Works for me.
Must be something on my end then. Tried on Chromium with extensions disabled, get a 404. Tried on bloatfox with noscript disabled, get a 404. Odd.
Doesn't work for me either. On Firefox.

Sentinel

Arcane
AMA is over pal. Sorry.

Did you ask whether they are going add filters to the combat log?
Nope. I suggested it on their forums last year but I doubt anyone relevant read it. Certainly didn't bother replying to it.
Don't really care to make another post there as I seriously doubt anyone will even acknowledge it, and thus I don't see the point. I'll just be lazy and suffer through the shit combat log in the final game.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Hear hear.

The one thing about him that rubs me the wrong way is that he's such an engineer about this shit. He's a very competent designer, he knows how to get shit done, he knows a lot about how most of his audience plays his games and what they want, he knows how to strike a pretty good :balance: between different groups of his players, making them roughly equally unhappy... but he might as well be making accounting software.

I hope to God one day they'll let him make a game he's actually passionate about. He deserves it, and we deserve it.
I regularly take steaming dumps on Sawyer, 'tis true, but this I agree with. I'd love to see what he could come up with if he just got to do his own thing. If it could avoid being a pile of marxist nonsense, it could probably end up pretty good, considering that he'd probably have a pretty good handle on how everything would work and fit together from start to finish, instead of having to try to make systems work that he's probably not happy with.

We got that in New Vegas. But I agree completely; a passionate Sawyer gives birth to Joshua Grahams, a dispassionate Sawyer hatches Palleginas.
I dunno, he seems pretty happy with his institutionally oppressed ironically pseudo-trans power fantasy, especially considering that she's making a return in PoE 2, instead of, I dunno, a worthwhile, interesting character.

Durance, Durance, Durance, Durance! :argh:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So they need 165K in less than 3 hours to get to the crew. Seems unlikely but then I never thought they would get to 4 million.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom