Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sothpaw

Learned
Backed $98. I'm playing Pillars for the first time right now and I honestly love it. I'm guessing the game has come a long way since release. Not happy with the companion choices in Pillars II at all, still no dwarf companion (Sagani isn't a dwarf idgaf).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
SO with the last of the fig money they have 4.25 wrapped up. Wonder when (or if) they are going to post the 4.5 and 4.75 stretch goals.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SO with the last of the fig money they have 4.25 wrapped up. Wonder when (or if) they are going to post the 4.5 and 4.75 stretch goals.

Well, on Twitch they said Adam Brennecke is putting together another update as we speak.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sawyer in the house

EDIT: Well, for a short while he was.
I miss the Sawyer button.

rating_sawyer.gif
rating_sawyer.gif
rating_sawyer.gif

retamar

Educated
I'm glad they didn't give her a rapier because rapiers are NOT LIGHT and would be a bad pick for a nerdy women like her, or any woman for that matter.
What are you talking about? How is 1kg/2lb not light?
I am a Hemaist and rapier fencer, rapiers a WAY more heavy than people think, after no more than 30 mins fencing with a rapier your shoulders, wrists and fingers ache, more than an hour of sparring are painful as fuck. Also are much longer than people think, my rapier blade is just a couple cm. shorter than my longsword, only the hilt is shorter.

I love the idea of an intelligent weapon, it reminds me to the french BD Donjon, the main guy has a sword which speaks and has powers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=280#updates

Update # 18 - The Home Stretch: $4 M, a new Stretch Goal, and A Reminder
POSTED: 02/24/2017

What can we say to our fans, backers, and investors to express our gratitude for your incredible support for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire? You've exceeded all of our expectations -- and there's still time to take this campaign even higher! At more than $4 million in funding, we're closing in rapidly on our $4.25 million stretch goal of the talking, intelligent weapon for Pillars II, and having seen some of the initial ideas the team came up with for this, we want you to know: it will be... freakin'... cool!

However, we also wanted to reveal our next stretch goal at $4.5 million, since -- amazingly -- there's a real possibility we'll reach that before the end of the campaign today! We racked our brains and came up with something we think you're going to love:

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F442b8551fe842e69%2Fcee6ae3e684a0010%2F148eeac296d95f34%2F39aca04f32ab1bb7

Ship Crews

Ships alone are pretty awesome, of course, and customizing your ship is even more awesome -- but what about being able to hire and manage the crew of your ship? For the $4.5 million stretch goal, we are introducing just that! Find, hire, and manage a crew for your ship. Once hired, crew members can be assigned roles on the ship, and will play a role in the events and battles that you encounter at sea. Crew members can gain experience and improve at their roles over time. The crew's skills will improve how effective your ship is in combat situations, and the crew can be assigned to defend your ship in the case that you get boarded by a hostile force. If your crew's morale isn't maintained, their effectiveness will go down, and, if you are a truly terrible captain to them, mutiny can even occur. We are also introducing crew dilemmas that will allow you to take charge and be the captain when they look to you for guidance!

Livestream/AMA

Our Livestream on Twitch is broadcasting as you read this, so come check it out! And don't forget that our AMA starts on Reddit at noon Pacific (8 PM GMT), so if you're a Redditor, head over there and come ask the team some questions!

Thanks to everyone for helping to expand and deepen Pillars II and to get us this far! Let's work together to make one, final push!

Arulan

Cipher
If your crew's morale isn't maintained, their effectiveness will go down, and, if you are a truly terrible captain to them, mutiny can even occur.

Majestic Incline!

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
It would be hilarious if all new stops on Fulvano's Voyage were additional dungeon levels. A new mega dungeon inbound! Obsidian learned nothing

Actually they're handling this pretty cleverly if you ask me.
I mean, with a fallout-esque ocean navigation, this peace of Fulvano's map can be placed anywhere and incorporated in any number of iterations/maps ingame. So they're much much more free to dispose of their new Fulvano's steps while respecting these little stretch goals of their own.
I'm actually glad they added a couple of floors for that skull dungeon. The entrance looks so badass it would be a shame if it was a single map thing.
So yeah, it seems they learnt.

But.
What I'm more concerned about is how they tend to make the first island bigger. They should stop with it now or they'll have another "SECOND BIG BIG CITY" situation on their arms. This however, I'm afraid, they didn't learn (even though they claimed they did in the video about Nakateke or whatever the name is).

Seaking4

Learned
I checked out the stream for a minute and the guy playing just said "Codex for life" so ... I guess that's as good as it is going to get.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm watching the stream and they are now just under 4.2m. Looks like they have a good shot at making it to five mill

Deleted member 7219

I checked out the stream for a minute and the guy playing just said "Codex for life" so ... I guess that's as good as it is going to get.

We got the PR manager, community manager, a producer and Anthony Davis on the stream. Others pop in occasionally, including Sawyer himself.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh yeah. Two competitive milestones to look forward to now:

Torment's Kickstarter total: $4,188,927 (including Fig funds)
Divinity: Original Sin 2's Kickstarter total: $2,032,434 (regular pledges only)

Funding has now passed Torment.

Rev

Arcane
Almost 4.2 M now, it's officially the most succesful crowdfunding campaign for a rpg.

fobia

Bobby Null just said that high-level pledge tiers will be re-opened, stuff like the pirate party and the spell will therefore be available again.

Fairfax

Arcane
I'm glad they didn't give her a rapier because rapiers are NOT LIGHT and would be a bad pick for a nerdy women like her, or any woman for that matter.
What are you talking about? How is 1kg/2lb not light?
I am a Hemaist and rapier fencer, rapiers a WAY more heavy than people think, after no more than 30 mins fencing with a rapier your shoulders, wrists and fingers ache, more than an hour of sparring are painful as fuck. Also are much longer than people think, my rapier blade is just a couple cm. shorter than my longsword, only the hilt is shorter.

I love the idea of an intelligent weapon, it reminds me to the french BD Donjon, the main guy has a sword which speaks and has powers.
It's not that 1kg is heavy, it's how rapiers are used. Fencing with a 500g foil is more tiring than using much heavier weapons. Anyway, it's come to semantics at this point. All I'm saying is that the weeb's rapier (which has wrong proportions) is a bad pick, but not because of its weight.

Oh yeah. Two competitive milestones to look forward to now:

Torment's Kickstarter total: $4,188,927 (including Fig funds)
Divinity: Original Sin 2's Kickstarter total: $2,032,434 (regular pledges only)

Funding has now passed Torment.
With Fig money. It has less than half the number of backers.:M

Prime Junta

This is either going to be the best game ever kickstarted or it's going to cause a Sensuki tier meltdown and people won't be legally allowed to own hammers if they post on this site anymore.

My anus is still sore over the loss of per-rest spells and Health/Endurance. Keeps a damper on the enthusiasm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom