Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ushas

Savant
I would like to see Fulvano find a graveyard of shipwrecks by the tip of an island sunk on coral that we can board and maybe the hull is flooded during high tide but the water goes down enough during low tide to explore. Maybe one of the shipwrecks could be fixed up and becomes one of the new ship types for the 4.0 million stretch goal or one of the shipwrecks is haunted by pirate ghosts or you can find a treasure map to follow. Also would like the 3.75 stretch goal of more islands to explore be separate from Fluvano's Voyage of finding more places to explore so there is even more places to sail.

In White March there was a diving helmet you could find I think it was from a stronghold quest item but it would be really neato if we could get 5 of them and explore the sea bottom or even explore flooded sea caves.
Nice idea.

Diving here and there fits the mood. Also at the skull entrance -- you may either risk waiting for a tide window or (at more favorable time) dive in with party members who have the helmet or will manage on their own. PoE1 checks if one has high enough constitution. But I hope it wouldn't be easy to pass. Maybe the aumaua godlike Tekehu is able to breathe under water.

Given the times the Vailians can experiment with devices like diving bells or early rebreathers, but yeah magic whatever. They can send an expedition to dive around the coasts looking for something there (ok luminous adra, but I hope that's not all everybody is after) or trying salvage precious cargo. Or a pirate group with stolen Vailian technology (or without) operating like scavengers, going after harder to get to shipwrecks, and at the great risks recovering sunken treasures...

hilfazer

Scholar
https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F1036d94899008cb8%2Fa574a0d08e775d05%2Fa86b28a07eba25f7%2Faab83b1132f70521

The first fair-skinned female companion - I guess we won't see as many complaints about romances anymore!

They gave her a smallsword! That's fantastic. Looks like POE2 will introduce new weapon types.
I'm glad they didn't give her a rapier because rapiers are NOT LIGHT and would be a bad pick for a nerdy women like her, or any woman for that matter.
I'm not sure about dagger placement. I think she would be able to perform a stab faster if it was inverted but i'm no expert.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F1036d94899008cb8%2Fa574a0d08e775d05%2Fa86b28a07eba25f7%2Faab83b1132f70521

The first fair-skinned female companion - I guess we won't see as many complaints about romances anymore!

They gave her a smallsword! That's fantastic. Looks like POE2 will introduce new weapon types.
I'm glad they didn't give her a rapier because rapiers are NOT LIGHT and would be a bad pick for a nerdy women like her, or any woman for that matter.
I'm not sure about dagger placement. I think she would be able to perform a stab faster if it was inverted but i'm no expert.

A physically fit adult woman can wield a rapier no problem.

Fairfax

Arcane
What are you talking about? How is 1kg/2lb not light?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
What are you talking about? How is 1kg/2lb not light?

2.5lb average is heavy for a one-handed sword. It's not light for sword standards. However it doesn't require a lot of strength properly wield a sword, it's mostly about being physically fit and being skilled. In fact rapier is probably one of the better swords for a weaker person to use because there is much less parrying involved, as well as no half-swording which is basically wrestling in a way.

Sentinel

Arcane
Couldn't they still reach 5 mil with PayPal?
Yes but we'll probably not know when/if they reach it until someone post-release asks "How much money did you make with PayPal?", since I think Fig won't be tracking PayPal funds, I don't think.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

A physically fit adult woman can wield a rapier no problem.

Creative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom