Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I already said my piece. Since people who disagree with me have no meaningful arguments to address these points besides “I’m an idiot who likes buttons because repetitive jokes are more important than content”, I will drop this discussion.
People are arguing but you are too preoccupied sucking yourself that you don't read it.

It allows people the immediate gratification to shitpost with one click
Thats the fucking point. Instead of shitposting and crowding the thread with shits and wasting everyone time, one button and done.

Besides, the ratings themselves are distractions. Why is the point of having buttons? How exactly will improve my experience knowing that someone is using a button to make a joke about aliens? It’s sheer stupidity that get in the way of discussion, pure and simple.

And you prefer people posting about "its the jew lul" "its alien lul" or even gif about them? Instead of cuck rating, you get repetitive one picture reply about some white guy whipping themselves?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Voted KC. I do not mind buttons, but perhaps we should keep a set limit (5 or so) and cycle some buttons in and out from time to time (except for brofist, always keep brofist in).

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Probably is if you sit on your fat ass all day upvoting and posting Trump gifs.
What does Trump gifs have to do with my position on buttons? Everyone who disagrees with you is now Evil and therefore must like Trump? Man you are an idiot.

So add a fucking downfist then faggots. Will that appease your wanting to show what you think but not form words issue?
If you can admit 2 buttons, why not 3 then, why not more? You can't make people post if they didn't want to post in the first place.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

People who don't like the buttons are pretty much oversensitive or unpopular posters who can't handle all the negative feedback. They would rather one or two people taking the time to call them out on their bullshit than 50 "retarded" ratings when they post their stupid "Bernie can still win, Here's how:" manifestos.

giphy.gif

ArchAngel

Arcane
is not at all compatible with your activity in this thread.
I like my environment friendly for my needs. It's got nothing to do with the content and whether I care about this or that thread in this or that subforum.

Except buttons made this community more clannish, pety and hivemind-like, not more friendly. I can understand the sense of making it less "serious", or at least appearing less serious, but that doesn't exclude any of what I mentioned in previous sentence.
I can also understand the benefits of making it look less serious, like a deliberate shitposting hive, in relation to the sort of attitudes expressed here, attitudes that are not at all compatible with gaming, nerd culture concensus.
poo.gif
:selfhate:

I don't have a fedora, so this is the next best thing
See, this is already better than low effort buttons.

tormund

Arcane
Buttons did nothing to eliminate posts such as those.

Yes they did, just take a look at threads after the Great Button Genocide. Tremendous difference.
Because you people are trying to make your point in the only way you know. That increase wasn't organic.

Buttons are coming back anyway, for the reasons I already disclosed, so this discussion is ultimately pointless for anything other than showing you for what you are.

‘A shepherd I met, and the shepherd said.
“We sheep must go where we are led,

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I didn't mind the buttons.
However, even I with my epic machine and lightning fast connection noticed the drop in performance.
And on my laptop, the row of ratings is multiline, which is ugly as fuck.

I saw this and thought "fill the second row". We either want just fists or we need to go full out. We weren't quite there yet.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
People who don't like the buttons are pretty much oversensitive or unpopular posters who can't handle all the negative feedback. They would rather one or two people taking the time to call them out on their bullshit than 50 "retarded" ratings when they post their stupid "Bernie can still win, Here's how:" manifestos.

Or a bunch of buttons cluttering up the screen looks like shit.

Parabalus

Arcane
Because you people are trying to make your point in the only way you know. That increase wasn't organic.

Buttons are coming back anyway, for the reasons I already disclosed, so this discussion is ultimately pointless for anything toher than showing you for what you are.

I didn't mean this thread, the spam here is obv ironic. Look at the meme density in the General forums threads, it was severely lowered because of agree posts.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Since people who disagree with me have no meaningful arguments to address these points besides “I’m an idiot who likes buttons because repetitive jokes are more important than content”, I will drop this discussion.
Jokes are content.

We're here about roleplaying games. And you expect the people that come here to be all business and no play?

Parabalus

Arcane
Good.. Good.. come to the Dark... khm the spirit of the Good Ol' Codex is slowly coming back.

How did you even get rid of your tag?

Go back to TL if Codex is bothering you so much.

I would argue that outside of GD which I don't care to be in, the amount of those post are fewer than before.

I agree, the impact is less in GRPG, but the stormfrontery in Trump etc. threads was really hit by brofist/button nerf. It needs to come back.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Good.. Good.. come to the Dark... khm the spirit of the Good Ol' Codex is slowly coming back.

How did you even get rid of your tag?

Go back to TL if Codex is bothering you so much.
I got it for not embracing the 'Dex and lost it for embracing it.

But you seem to want to really be on Reddit, so it is funny you want me to go back to TL.

Also required:

Go away newbie :P
Don't bother your elders.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Or a bunch of buttons cluttering up the screen looks like shit.
They're hidden unless you hover over them. Bitch more about nothing kthnxgb

Hovering over them is inevitable if you move the mouse in that area to do something else. I don't see why some aren't added to the emoticon list then. Isn't that basically the same thing minus the faggotry? Seems some are really trying to get their opinions reinforced by meaningless acts.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Divide and conquer. No wonder DarkUnderlord is the boss here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom