Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters

Kahr

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
pewdiepie fanclub

Peediepie-725x375.jpg

Sounds about right.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Saw a dumb post, rated it "shit" and then moved on with life. Am I going to have to hold it in me from now on?? Give it back. It's unhealthy to keep these emotions in.

Circus’ apologist. That’s how things work: Saw a dumb post, rated it "shit", create an enemy, receive more “shit” ratings in return, need to rate more posts of that person as “shit” even when they are fine. Rinse and repeat.

It's because of idiots like you that this forum is getting worse everyday.

Having buttons did reduce the tension of posting on the Codex with the threat of lowering my brofist ratio always looming over me.

That’s called peer pressure, and it ensures that people will think twice before they post stupid things.

Last edited:

tormund

Arcane
This is the smartest thing you could've done... If only you were honest about it. That button system of yours was a perfect way to damage this community's already low quality of discourse, in that people didn't feel obliged to answer or challenge posts they disagreed with. They could just add scathing rating to them. And if someone knew that he was only going to be burred in such rating if he wrote something that contrasted the consensus in any given thread, he would just refrain from writing anything. basically, that system was only good for making this place look even less serious to outsiders, and for making it into more of a hivemind.

Which is why i think that you will bring those buttons back.

Last edited:
Weasel
And if someone knew that he was only going to be burred in such rating if he wrote something that contrasted the consensus in any given thread, he would just refrain from writing anything.

Agreed, the contrarian shitposting almost dried up! Once again DU has stepped in to save us from ourselves.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
in that people didn't feel obliged to answer or challenge posts they disagreed with

If I replied to every single post thats retardedass, I'd never stop posting. But with buttons I can still reply to those where it actually matters to me while expressing my feelings in a conventient non-polluting way about the others.

And if someone knew that he was only going to be burred in such rating if he wrote something that contrasted the consensus in any given thread, he would just refrain from writing anything.

There may be a bit of truth to that when it comes to massive circlejerks like politics but I think that the inflation of meaning due to the overwhelming number of possible ratings actually counters hivemind behavior. You may care if your post gets brofisted by some guys but do you care if your post gets one salute, one prosper, two funny, three parrots, two agendas and three agrees?

That is particularly true for the statistics. Brofist counts seem particularly important to many people but once you got 20 odd ratings its really irrelevant how much of anything you have aquired.

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
in that people didn't feel obliged to answer or challenge posts they disagreed with

If I replied to every single post thats retardedass, I'd never stop posting. But with buttons I can still reply to those where it actually matters to me while expressing my feelings in a conventient non-polluting way about the others.

There may be a bit of truth to that when I comes to massive circlejerks like politics but I think that the inflation of meaning due to the overwhelming number of possible ratings actually counters hivemind behavior. You may care if your post gets brofisted by some guys but do you care if your posts gets one salute, one prosper, two funny, three parrots, two agendas and three agrees?

That is particularly true for the statistics. Brofists count seem particularly important to many people but once you got 20 odd ratings its really irrelevant how much of anything you have aquired.

:M

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
That’s how things work: Saw a dumb post, rated it "shit", create an enemy, receive more “shit” ratings in return, need to rate more posts of that person as “shit” even when they are fine. Rinse and repeat.
I don't really care when people rate my posts shit, so your logic falters there.

ArchAngel

Arcane

If I shitposted to every single post thats smarter than me, I'd never stop shitposting. But with buttons I can still give useless comment to those where my autism activates me while making sure I can avoid more of my shitposting so everyone your reads it knows I am a useless shitposter.
Fixed it for you. You can thank me with a brofist :M

Last edited:

fobia

Yeah, didn't like buttons.
Made people put even less effort in trying to make an argument... or insult.

Parabalus

Arcane
It's a damn shame if only for the TRUMP buttons, those are glorious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom