Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I celebrate the return to only Brofists, as the forums now run faster and smoother on all ends (check Crispy's stats about the server computer) and it forces forum users to communicate normally again, which I think is the biggest advantage.

I cilibriti thi ritirn ti inli brifists, is thi firims niw rin fistir ind smiithir in ill inds, ind it fircis firim isirs ti cimminiciti nirmilli igiin.

OH, FUCK OFF.

People were communicating just fine, in fact, we were communicating even better than before. I long awaited the ability to rate other people's post because saying "thank you" or "laughing" all the time was uncomfortable as fuck. This is all Crispy's fault, as ratings DIDN'T NEED TO BE GONE, they just had to be trimmed. Certain ratings had a very valid reason to exist, like "Excited", "Agree", "Disagree", "Thank You", "Funny", among others. Then the great rating decline happened and all we got were meme ratings that people used only because they were there.

We laugh at Bethesda so much, yet doing this type of stupid shit is no different than removing skills from a Fallout game in replacement of a simplified and dumbed down Perk system.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I cilibriti thi ritirn ti inli brifists, is thi firims niw rin fistir ind smiithir in ill inds, ind it fircis firim isirs ti cimminiciti nirmilli igiin.

OH, FUCK OFF.

DqIJ5Ex.jpg

(Gotta love the classics.)

Sizzle

Arcane
The ratings weren't bad, but they did have a couple of problems (too many buttons that were interchangeable, for one), but the biggest issue was that they often stifled communication, instead of enhancing it.

For example, if you disagreed with someone, you just plastered a retarded rating on their post (aka - the Lurker King syndrome), instead of going through the effort of coming up with an intelligent retort to their argument.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I celebrate the return to only Brofists, as the forums now run faster and smoother on all ends (check Crispy's stats about the server computer) and it forces forum users to communicate normally again, which I think is the biggest advantage.

OH, FUCK OFF.

People were communicating just fine, in fact, we were communicating even better than before. I long awaited the ability to rate other people's post because saying "thank you" or "laughing" all the time was uncomfortable as fuck. This is all Crispy's fault, as ratings DIDN'T NEED TO BE GONE, they just had to be trimmed. Certain ratings had a very valid reason to exist, like "Excited", "Agree", "Disagree", "Thank You", "Funny", among others. Then the great rating decline happened and all we got were meme ratings that people used only because they were there.

We laugh at Bethesda so much, yet doing this type of stupid shit is no different than removing skills from a Fallout game in replacement of a simplified and dumbed down Perk system.

Before the buttons came, we didn't speak.

Israfael

Arcane
While i was against these rack of buttons initially, it livened up the discussion somewhat. On the other hand, it made Codex probably the most CPU-heavy site I regularly visit, it even caused micro-stuttering in the audio player when the page was loaded (on an overclocked 2500k, I can only imagine what happens on atom cpus or something like that). Did it really cause such high load on servers? If it were non-dynamic (I mean, page had to be reloaded when post is rated), it'd probably be lighter on the servers.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

OH, FUCK OFF.

Before the buttons came, we didn't speak.

Thank you.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
While i was against these rack of buttons initially, it livened up the discussion somewhat. On the other hand, it made Codex probably the most CPU-heavy site I regularly visit, it even caused micro-stuttering in the audio player when the page was loaded (on an overclocked 2500k, I can only imagine what happens on atom cpus or something like that). Did it really cause such high load on servers? If it were non-dynamic (I mean, page had to be reloaded when post is rated), it'd probably be lighter on the servers.

I had zero problems loading 30 tabs of codex on my 2009 core 2 duo at work, much less with my 2015 i5 at home. Wtf are you people doing.

Sentinel

Arcane
I don't know what you're on about. I browse on a Phenom II 955 at 4.0GHz (that's a CPU from 2009) often and I have literally 0 problems on that CPU. Stop using firefox with 50 bloat addons.

Weasel
I don't know what you're on about. I browse on a Phenom II 955 at 4.0GHz (that's a CPU from 2009) often and I have literally 0 problems on that CPU. Stop using firefox with 50 bloat addons.
:Best Deal!:

valcik

Arcane
Did it really cause such high load on servers? If it were non-dynamic (I mean, page had to be reloaded when post is rated), it'd probably be lighter on the servers.
Nope, that's client-side slowdown. Turn JavaScript off in your browser and you are golden.

WTF is with people experiencing better performance after the buttons are gone. Do you fuckers don't play games and have pc which cannot handle even a browser?

valcik

Arcane
Buttans are not the only JS feature on 'dex, mind you.
Also my desktop is off-line, using shitty notebook for browsing, filthy STEAMFAGS.

:rpgcodex:

laclongquan

Arcane
WTF is with people experiencing better performance after the buttons are gone. Do you fuckers don't play games and have pc which cannot handle even a browser?
They're all browsing from their phones, litteraly shitposting.

Then disable buttons on the mobile site version and be done with this

Edit: Informative
Agree

For fuck's sake!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom