Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Online private server (Return of Reckoning)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I might play this game again. I spent a $100+ dollars for them to shut the game down. I wouldn't mind some kind of offline mode for when devs can't actually support the game anymore.

MrJohnson

Educated
They released an update making T3 avaible.
I've been playing for a few months on and off and it was entertaining.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
They released an update making T3 avaible.
I've been playing for a few months on and off and it was entertaining.
God you guys are tempting me so hard.

Love the class mechanics (balance unrelated). Archmage balancing between dark and light magic HNNNG.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Had a conversation with the devs. Felt nostalgic, it's almost like chatting with Mythic again. "You dare to complain, dirt, worm! Don't like it - get the hell from our awesome servers, go on, no one will miss you, idiot!"

MrJohnson

Educated
Had a conversation with the devs. Felt nostalgic, it's almost like chatting with Mythic again. "You dare to complain, dirt, worm! Don't like it - get the hell from our awesome servers, go on, no one will miss you, idiot!"
So basically like every fan-made multiplayer project?

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'm itching to try it, but I'll wait for now until it passes at least its alpha stage.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
C'mon guys! I have a friend also interested in playing (playing again) and we'd like to join people that we (I) personally know.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is shit with not a single problem that killed the original fixed. But now this shit is operated by pretentious retards.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
It is shit with not a single problem that killed the original fixed. But now this shit is operated by pretentious retards.
I don't care, I played at launch and I enjoyed it. Because I never cared about winning, only trolling my enemies. Bright Wizards were OP, but I spent my time trolling the hell outta them instead of actually trying to kill them. There's nothing like Squig Herder knockbacks.. either knock someone off a cliff, or sacrificing myself in order to knock a squishy towards your melee. Have fun trying to survive while surrounded by my team, Mr. Bright Wizard!

Edit: Also I played Scenarios for the most part.

A horse of course

Which area in AoR had the undead Orcs with Dork Redeye etc.? I have a character at level 7 and I just wanted to poke around the world a little bit to see the art and stuff, but not if I have to grind to level 40 just to see the unique models.

A horse of course

Which area in AoR had the undead Orcs with Dork Redeye etc.? I have a character at level 7 and I just wanted to poke around the world a little bit to see the art and stuff, but not if I have to grind to level 40 just to see the unique models.

I believe that's the Marshes of Madness. It's part of a public quest and you should be around level 20-ish.

A horse of course

I believe that's the Marshes of Madness. It's part of a public quest and you should be around level 20-ish.

Ah, thanks for the info Ed123. You're a very helpful person.

A horse of course

Ugh, I can't be arsed to grind this atrocious PvE content. I get mobs literally spawning right on top of me 30 seconds after I kill them and try to move on to the next one.

A horse of course

Can you simply level on the PvP content alone?

I'm not sure. I watched a RoR vid that recommended RvR content for levelling (not to mention most of the people on the server are there for PvP content, not the shitty PvE) but I saw some posters complaining that you're forced to grind PvE content (though maybe that was for certain gear or w/e, I don't really understand Warhammer Online's systems). The two times I played (couple of years back and this week) the PvP areas in the starting zones seemed well populated.

Sjukob

Arcane
The starting zones (T1) have decent population and PVP is pretty active there . But then you get to T2 and T3 and they're completely or almost dead , so you grind boring PVE content to get to T4 and grind more boring PVE content , because you absolutely have to have ruin set ( drops from public quests ) to not be a burden in T4 pvp .

Oh and there are things like potions , gems that make you way stronger , where do you get them ? Right , PVE grind .

Sjukob

Arcane
But now this shit is operated by pretentious retards.
Also this is very true , staff of this server has god complex to the point where they're unable to communicate like normal persons .

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=20197
How about you don't call out a dev on forums and in game :lol:

Aothan

Magister
since these servers will be overseas for Australian connections, are there any classes that play reasonably well in pvp scenarioes even with 200+ ping ?

Sjukob

Arcane
Melee can be kinda wonky with high ping , a lot of the action in this game is done on the move and if your latency is big your character will start attack animation , but not finish it because game will think you're out of range . Everthing else is fine .

Aothan

Magister
I found out about ping and mmos with Aion, and can see Black Desert would not be feasible for the type of pvp content it has, surprisingly I don't know what Warhammer Online would be like however basically assuming dps would not be practical I don't want to play a heal bot whereas a hyrbid healing (or caster or defensive) type wouldn't be so bad if ping isn't completely decisive in most situations

A horse of course

I reinstalled again to just grind PvE content and look at the environments for screenshotz. If anyone else is playing I was hoping to get a group together to do Tower of Nebhorest (Order PQ) at some point. I wanna see dem unded orcz.

A horse of course

i wanna see skelly orcs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom