Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Fig said:
Yes, we can finally confirm what we've been keeping secret this whole time:

:hype:

Sizzle

Arcane
Obsidian said:
Your ship is a Dyrwoodan sloop called the Defiant, purchased for you by the Steward of Caed Nua, who has made the journey to help you (part of her, anyway) on your quest to hunt down Eothas, and is one of the first allies to join you on your adventure.

Looks like I was right about the Steward being a part of the ship (a figurehead, most likely) :)

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Looks absolutely amazing. They're nuts to think they'll hit 5 million in the next two days though.

aeonsim

Augur
A very nice update, explorable world map looks good, along with the boarding actions and scriptable naval encounters, hopefully we'll get to 4million+ for the additional ship types.

Flou

Arbiter
In a different context you'd be correct, but since they don't really have any other projects in the works atm (as far as we know, them not caring in the last days of the campaign also points to that), and are relying on PoE2 to make them money, it wouldn't be smart to use up all their funds on other projects before they are certain of PoE2's profitability. Even AAA game design doesn't work like a supermarket where you sell different things to different people at the same time. At most you'd probably have 2 projects running simultaneously. That doesn't mean "use up all their money on PoE2" which will be equally stupid.

At most?

They most likely have four and if some of the projects are as small as the Pathfinder game, they could have five teams.

Pathfinder Card Game still has about 10 working on it, PC port should be coming sometime this year.
Pillars 2 team which is about 50 people
Cain&Boyarsky and their Unreal Engine game aka Project Indiana
Whatever Tyranny team + devs from Armored Warfare are working on (okay some of those did get laid off and some went working on Project Indiana)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Based on the adventure screen, the ship already looks like an improvement over the stronghold (ability to outrun encounters or destroy enemy ships, etc). More specifically, it could have a meaningful role in the story, unlike Caed Nua.

$4 million - NEW PLAYER SHIP TYPES - You want something awesome!? We will add other ships that you can find, purchase, or even steal during your adventure. These other ships will be docked in a special harbor location. Get yourself a Vailian Galleon or a Rauatai Warship - and customize it to make it your own.

Damn, I would like to see this one. Why did they have to make it the $4 million mark.

Sizzle

Arcane
Looks absolutely amazing. They're nuts to think they'll hit 5 million in the next two days though.

We won't get the 8th companion for sure :(

They can still make it. Maybe not in these two days but maybe if they hit 5 million in a couple of months, they will have the stretch goals added.

Heh, knew that Ydwin would be the most popular companion, you can always count on the fans to choose the most BioWareian one :D

Also, 20$ for that Early Bird DLC we (and Obsidian, too :D ) don't know anything about yet? :?

Sentinel

Arcane
1 minute into the vid
8efecba35ebb141d395e932643ca7008.jpg

DEUS VULT HEATHENS

Turjan

Arcane
Also, 20$ for that Early Bird DLC we (and Obsidian, too :D ) don't know anything about yet? :?
That's the same as with the POE1 campaign, where White March was also included with a $20 price tag for both parts, and we didn't know anything about it either.

They can still make it. Maybe not in these two days but maybe if they hit 5 million in a couple of months, they will have the stretch goals added.

Heh, knew that Ydwin would be the most popular companion, you can always count on the fans to choose the most BioWareian one :D

Yeah, DLC feels like an abuse of fans. Unlike the White March, it's not a proper expansion. And the White March, if my memory serves me right, costed 15$ for backers.
At least ships & exploration sound awesome indeed.

Upd: As it turns out my memory does not serve me right :D

2house2fly

Magister
There's egg on my face.

Hi!

yus. Yus! YUS!

ALL ABOARD!

Qaw2o1t.jpg

Just look at those cannons at the ready to blast pirate ships who dare board our ship and try to steal our treasure and capture our men! This is the BEST idea EVER!

Our characters can jump around and across from one ship to another is so cool because this will open up all kinds of new quest ideas of being able to get across a rushing creek or a deep chasm that would use athletics to judge how you land or if you fall to your death or just get washed down stream and the combat of two ships reminds me a lot of how Ultima did their combat when you were on the ocean!

I hope we also get to customize our cabin with plants and flowers and different types of furniture like beds and tables with an armoire to store our clothing and maybe hidden planks to store our gear and where a lot of the relationships will move forward as we talk to our crew during each voyage.

p.s. oh duh just read the update as the sailing video was what I was most interested in and it reads "In addition, we are going to add upgradable rooms below deck including a trophy room to display your treasures and well as pet menagerie for all your animal friends to hang out and party." so that is really awesome to be able to have all of this on the ship and being in port as we sail around and able to return to it and live off it. I hope we can hire a cook too!

"Your ship is a Dyrwoodan sloop called the Defiant" this is dumb. I am renaming my ship if I am captain I cannot believe they are not going to allow this at all? My ship will be called Sherry thank-you very much!

Thanks,
Randal
I'm not sure why they felt the need to name it, a cool extra would be to let the player name it, and just don't voice any lines where the ship has to be named.

It may not be a full expansion like White March but if it's anything like as good it'll be a steal. God knows I'm more willing to buy an Obisidian season pass than a Bethesda one.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I dont think its unreal.

Still left 500k guaranteed in fig funds. The rest could come in paypal in the next months.

Gremius

Augur
I think they should have to wait for announcing more stretch goals to 5 hours before campaign ends. They definitely would achieved those.

Sizzle

Arcane

Yeah, DLC feels like an abuse of fans. Unlike the White March, it's not a proper expansion. And the White March, if my memory serves me right, costed 15$ for backers.
At least ships & exploration sound awesome indeed.

TWM was also sold as DLC, even though it was a proper expansion pack in every way that counted (except it was split in two).

Also, Feargus said somewhere that they're moving away from that model (they had issues with TWM's development), and will release several smaller content DLCs instead.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Also, Feargus said somewhere that they're moving away from that model (they had issues with TWM's development), and will release several smaller content DLCs instead.
Gay. They should go in the opposite direction and release full, non-split expansions.

Prime Junta

Well they've learned one lesson, integrate the stronghold into the story and the gameplay. Can't get much more integrated than the thing that gets you around the map.

So yay for rum, sodomy, and the lash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom