Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
sigh. I can't play Nioh tonight so I was hoping the Battle Brothers Beta was out today.... it wasn't. So now I just have you guys to talk to....

maybe there are some pills I can take or something...

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
Can't wait!

Sawyer, Bobby Null,and myself have been playing this a ton. I wish I could get into the beta right now.

You guys have done stellar work with this.
Thanks, that's pretty cool to hear :)

Well the beta build we get this week is the release build as far as content goes.
Not exactly, but it's very close. We'll include a list of the few content additions that are still to come together with the update announcement, so you can better decide on whether you want to wait until release or play now.

Executor_

Barely Literate
I'd settle for a release date for the beta build at the moment. "Next week" is overly broad and the wait is killing me!

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
blog_header_open_beta.jpg

Final Update released to Beta Branch!
Here we go – the new and final major update is now live on the beta branch of Battle Brothers!

What’s new?
As this is the final major update, our focus was on general polish, balance and quality of life improvements as much as on the remaining major features. Here’s the shortlist.
  • Three different ‘Greater Evil’ late game crises for you to get involved in – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead invasion. Each comes with their own set of contracts, events and changes to the world.
  • The Ancient Dead – an entire faction with new enemies to fight, new lootable weapons and armor, and unique tactics on the battlefield.
  • A new system for mood and desertion – your men will react to how things are progressing, and it’s your job to keep them content.
  • Ambitions – set goals for your company to pursue on their way to become legendary.
  • Obituary – honor the brave men that have fallen under your command.
  • Retirement – retire from your mercenary company when you’re ready to start a new life, and see how the company and its members fare without you.
  • A complete overhaul of Ghouls into the new and more challenging Nachzehrer.
  • New mechanics for morale to make resolve and initiative more important.
  • 11 new contracts.
  • 54 new illustrated events.
  • 2 new music tracks.
  • 70 Steam Achievements.
  • Lots and lots of smaller improvements, changes and additions.
Steam Trading Cards will be unlocked at a later time.

Note that this update is not compatible with older savegames. You will have to start a new campaign!

What’s still to come?
While this beta version is very close to the final release, there’s still things yet to come over the next few weeks.
  • Bugfixes
  • Balancing
  • More events
  • A few legendary items hidden across the world
  • One more music track
Any saves created with the beta version will be compatible with the release version, but some additions or late changes may require a new campaign in order to take effect. If that’s a problem for you, don’t opt into the beta.

Why put this in a beta branch first?
This update makes changes to many of the game’s core mechanics. Extensive changes like these will inevitably upset the game’s balance and introduce new issues. Participating in the beta is optional for everyone that wants to experience the new content now and doesn’t mind a few hiccups – we’re thankful for your feedback and bug reports! Everyone else may want to wait a few weeks until the game is more balanced and any issues that popped up have been ironed out.

Please report any issues you encounter in the forums following the instructions there. Do not leave random complaints as comments to this news post, they’d only get buried and lost.

How do I access the beta branch?
In order to access the beta branch of Battle Brothers you need to do as follows:
  • Go to your Steam library.
  • Right-click on ‘Battle Brothers’ and select ‘Properties’.
  • Go to the tab labeled ‘BETAS’.
  • Select ‘beta’ from the drop down menu.
beta.jpg

Steam should now download the beta branch and once it is finished you can normally run it via your Steam library.

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
Wish we could have the option so all three endgame crisis can happen
They will eventually all happen if you keep on playing the same campaign for long enough. Once a crisis is solved, you have the option to retire or keep on playing with a different crisis. When starting a new campaign, you're only choosing the first crisis to happen.

Also, just purchased the supporter upgrade because :incline:
Thanks for your support! :)

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
"Fast Speed" is such a game-changer. No longer do you need to go Alt+Tab when you have to travel a long distance.
More fighting, less waiting!

SmartCheetah

Arcane
efz79Yi.jpg

I took this guy for mere 75 crowns. Maybe his melee defense sucks but his potential is pretty huge.
45 minutes into Veteran game and I'm pretty fond of these guys already.

Man. I love this game.

Andnjord

Arcane
Fuck, why did I have to get those theater tickets for tonight! My wife will kill me if I say I can't go because a video-game just got updated :negative:

:brodex: have a Brofist oh revered developers.

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
Any saves created with the beta version will be compatible with the release version, but some additions or late changes may require a new campaign in order to take effect. If that’s a problem for you, don’t opt into the beta.
Eeeeehhhhh :philosoraptor:

Fuck it, I've waited enough. I'm going in balls deep!
cyberfappcrqa.gif

Jinn

Arcane
I have to go to work in a couple hours here, but holy shit do I know what I'm doing all night tonight! What a momentous day.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh, fuck willpower. It's overrated anyway. I wanna cry like a little bitch.

j9vr88.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom