Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Ranarama

Learned
Moores Law merely dictates that the transitors get smaller, it doesn't say jack shit about clock speed.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I get all of your complaints people... but for some reason this game has provided me the most entertainment the last months than anything else. God damn Paradox :argh:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That's the problem with the Paradox Grand Strategy games. No one would care about the DLC mess if the games were total shit

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I expect Death Camp DLC in the future and will totally buy it
C4366R6WAAAtOp4.jpg:large

C45YgKZVMAEFHF7.jpg:large

Stellaris could use more bonuses. In MOO you can design a race that completely ignores food. In Stellaris you can get a +20% bonus. Much wow.

Though on the other hand Paradox games in general often have the problem of too many individual bonuses that stack to make things OP (like free units or instantly researching techs), which is what those policies look like.

Didn't really like Xenophobe's complete lack of diplomacy before, but at least +33% fire rate is a huge bonus that justifies it. And depending on how important Unity turns out to be it might be even more powerful with regards to rushing enemies early.

What's that ethic in the center of the circle? Some kind of option to not take an ethic and get more points elsewhere?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's that ethic in the center of the circle? Some kind of option to not take an ethic and get more points elsewhere?
From what I've seen in their forums it's probably a sort of "Hive Mind" ethic. Dunno if there are details about it out yet though

kris

Arcane
C5L_44rWEAMfZUJ.jpg

Something tells me that Stellaris will gain Codex popularity

The purifiers in the game right now are not really up to task. They can only take planets after a peace deal and "purify" them then. that doesn't exactly make them scary for a player who will just beat them by attrition if their fleet aint stronger. I suppose this "armageddon" bombardment remedy that.

Norfleet

The purifiers in the game right now are not really up to task. They can only take planets after a peace deal and "purify" them then. that doesn't exactly make them scary for a player who will just beat them by attrition if their fleet aint stronger. I suppose this "armageddon" bombardment remedy that.
Maybe that's what "cannot engage in diplomacy" does, so you don't engage in any diplomacy, you just always exist in a state of Total War with everyone you see, like the Unbidden or the Swarm, and any planet you take becomes instantly yours and everyone is purged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom