Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
well, why would you attack someone like pepe who is one of the most reasonable persons ever? especially in such a vitriolic manner.

tbh, i "came up" with many theories, and I think the real one is that you're simply jealous that pepe's book will be a real one which will be published and be of much more merit than your simple walkthroughs.

pepe's book will be featured (and already has been) in rpg websites, it will be discussed, it will have importance to RPG players and designers, while your FAQs never will.

so, is jealousy the reason? or is there something dark and twisted felipepe did?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
well, why would you attack someone like pepe who is one of the most reasonable persons ever? especially in such a vitriolic manner.

tbh, i "came up" with many theories, and I think the real one is that you're simply jealous that pepe's book will be a real one which will be published and be of much more merit than your simple walkthroughs.

pepe's book will be featured (and already has been) in rpg websites, it will be discussed, it will have importance to RPG players and designers, while your FAQs never will.

so, is jealousy the reason? or is there something dark and twisted felipepe did?
Probably more to do with how most of the reviews are written by people who are fanboying the game, I think one of the Diablo regard was singled out in this regard. It's mostly the lack of qualified people writing reviews, per Lilura. I think. This was a long time back.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
she denigrates others work for no reason other than make herself seem superior. classic narcissist, but hey, aren't we all? thanks for the info.

yes, seems like her, especially judging from how she interacts with people on her blog. i was just reading her response to someone who asked if he could translate her dragonspear FAQ into czech... she was very vicious in her response.

she even insinuates that czech peeps should simply learn english if they wish to read her FAQ, lol.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I can't detect any viciousness or vitriol there. Also, she doesn't say the Czech should learn English (which would be a reasonable request btw) but that there are some Czech who apparently can and do read that walkthru of hers in English and that those readers might be lost to her when that same walkthru would be available in Czech.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
she was very vicious in her response.

Terse is "very vicious", now?

Probably more to do with how most of the reviews are written by people who are fanboying the game, I think one of the Diablo regard was singled out in this regard. It's mostly the lack of qualified people writing reviews, per Lilura. I think. This was a long time back.

Basically, yeah. The articles are twaddle; quick scan reveals spelling and grammatical errors, too. Like "Shadows of Udretine" in that latest drivel they are so proud of. I also don't like ppl - pro, or, in this case, painfully amateur - asking for permission to leech off my work. Major turn-off.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yes, there are huge flaws I'm still working on and the book will go through proof-reading once it's done. I will never say it's perfect. But, considering that the "pros" are people like PC Gamer publishing a 28-page "Complete History of RPGs" article that has exactly one line about Wizardry and doesn't even mention Might & Magic, I'm quite proud of what we achieved so far.

Also, I thought the purpose of writing a guide to help people get into NWN was, you know, to help people get into NWN. So helping spread the info you gathered should be a good thing, not "leeching off your work". Especially since you relied on other people's work as well to write your own.

But whatever, I got the message and won't derail this thread anymore.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Especially since you relied on other people's work as well to write your own.

Like whose? My in-depth retrospectives, guides and walkthroughs are 99% original/unregurgitated in both form and content, and posted on an ads-free blog with no donate-begging faggotry in sight.

No one writes like me, no one; whereas you are a run-of-the-mill bread-&-butter scribbler, and self-confessed click-baiter.

But whatever, I got the message and won't derail this thread anymore.

Well, yeah. This thread is about NWN mods; not your shitty book or my shitty blog.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
No one writes like me, no one

LOL

says all u need to know about who we're dealing with here. simply another case of "autist modder with delusions of grandeur", except in this case mods = FAQs.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Who is "we"? The Codex jerk circle, of which you are a bottom-feeder?

Anyway, I'm much nicer on my blog. Drop in sometime and say hi! It's more than just FAQs/walkthroughs: it's "aspie heaven" (quoting you from months ago).

I see you have downloaded Swordflight, too. Well, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'll check out some of your recommendations after I'm done with my IWD retrospective.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
all i wanted was some good codex drama. it's obvious felipep won't bite, and you won't either, so i won't continue pretending to be "outraged" at you. i do think your reaction to pepe asking for your help was kind of crazy, though.

it's been too long since people pm'd each other that they'll murder their family and jizz down their eye-sockets. codex declinee

instead of playing Swordflight, i just spent 5 straight hours researching how the dialog "system" works in an rpg i want to someday translate. After figuring it out, it seems that each dialog box will take me around 30 minutes... ugh.
Screenshot%202017-02-21%2022.16.55_zpsnevaqyin.png

Screenshot%202017-02-21%2022.41.47_zpsp7v05cfx.png
Screenshot%202017-02-21%2023.40.16_zpsiin2hsqy.png

and this is what I finally ended up with:
Screenshot%202017-02-21%2022.59.06_zpsvondgsjf.png

Fuck you Tegunastia.

time for swordflight

Jinn

Arcane
time for swordflight

Nice, enjoy man! I just finished Chapter I tonight. It was an excellent adventure, but I'm really excited to see the massive 50 hour Chapter II. I can't imagine how good it will be if this kind of approach to development is applied to a truly free-form city and surrounding areas scenario.

I found the difficulty to be just about right in Chapter I, except for a few instances later in the mod that were a little ridiculous. Luckily, I was given all the tools I need to overcome in the end - just after sometimes many tries. I understand that this ties in to how respawning works in this game (which I really enjoyed), but even still there were times where I had to turn off the game and take a break just to shake the annoyance of the situation. I would say that rogue was a very bad choice to play through this module with, as there is no switching out of henchman to balance it out. The amount of class particular status checks in dialogues was staggering and truly impressive. The setting is refreshing and I enjoyed the writing for the most part. It is remarkably good for a mod.

I feel like Chapter I gave me a great taste of what's to come. Very much looking forward to starting the second chapter soon!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I feel like Chapter I gave me a great taste of what's to come. Very much looking forward to starting the second chapter soon!

You're in for a treat. While Chapter One is great in itself, Chapter Two blows it away. It is massive, and packed with quality content.

eXalted

Arcane
Any class recommendations for someone who is a bit noobish with D&D3 builds?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
felipepepe

thanks for the heads up on her name. I will use the excuse that this is barely even a proof-of-concept in my defense, and i would have definitely checked the wiki(s) for all namings... :)

however, i do have to affirm that I do know my stuff: I used sacred arms because sacred relics didn't fit. And I disagree about the use of the word 'holy' concerning the relics; yes, it could apply, but they are items of great power which, in the game's story, existed before the gods themselves. Some were crafted by the game races (humans, elves, etc), and a few were also crafted by the game's deities: throughout the history of the game's timeline these items (obviously/predictably) will disappear once the chosen one has chosen, and then resurface when some choosing must be done.

that smacks more of a "sacred" relic, such as the bones of st. peter or what-have-you, which are not holy, they are sacred. it doesn't matter, of course. just wanted to make sure you knew, that i knew that you know that i know. :D

you know, it is thanks to my amateur endeavors in attempting to translate wizardry/wiz-clone games from jap to english that i have gained a very profound appreciation for what, in game terms, are "character limits".

When you have a set amount of letters/characters to work with it really motivates me to do my best to fire up creative juices that remain faithful to the japanese text, while also completing all of the logistical hurdles needed to cram a sentence where it doesn't fit.

er, i guess what i'm trying to say in my long-winded way is: i have gained an appreciation for the malleability of the written language, the differences inherent in a symbological alphabet and the latin one we use.

i think doing translation projects, whether hobby or for profession, will definitely make for better writers.

you know what my favorite translation of all time is? long ago I was watching some movie, and they called a pair of characters thives, and then (obviously), they were said to be thick as thieves.

in spanish there is absolutely no way to translate that. like, ZERO angles to even go at it. you know what the genius translators came up with for the spanish subs?

"Como uña y carne!"

WOW. Yes, something very simple, but WOW did they knock that bit out of the park! That was the first time I remember being aware of how translation is often comprised of an equal, or almost equal amount of original authorship on the part of the translator.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Any class recommendations for someone who is a bit noobish with D&D3 builds?

It's hard to go wrong with rogue/ x/ CoT. I like x = druid or cleric. CoT is really designed to complement cleric perfectly.

Start Rogue for the skill bonus and get tumble, umd, hide and move silently as class skills.

Take 8-10 levels of CoT before you hit level 20 (10 is the max for a Prestige class before epic levels).

The nice thing about CoT is you don't need to go all-in on CHA like paladin. You get your save bonus independent of your CHA. CHA 14 is perfectly fine.

DramaticPopcorn

I thought I had dejavu or memory playing tricks on me but, nope. This exact. Fucking. Banter. Happened. Before.
So, Ludo Lense and I are tackling NWN 1 now for the CRPG Book review. Gonna be the only 4-page review in the book, with an entire page just for modules.
I've already asked this at the NWN Vault, but help us do this right Codex - what modules are absolute must-play modules / resources / persistent worlds, and why?
Lilura

I'll pass. Much of the book is written by rank amateurs with bad taste (e.g, the Diablo 2 entry is embarrassing) and I think felipepepe is just another bluffing buffoon of the Codex. Plus it's 2016; no one gives a fuck about a book.

It's just a turn off and I would never play on this guy's server, no matter how good it looks; "typical modder" springs to mind.
He's a nice guy.. Very passionate and gets a little emo when he can't get things done. 'Typical Modder' is a perfect description of him. lol

I was imagining if the server ever got off the ground... ppl invest hundreds of hours role-playing their chars and then you have this frivolous chump pulling the plug everytime he stubs his toe or something.

So, me and Ludo Lense made a review of NWN for the CRPG Book:

C2yGD6rUsAAbdBB.jpg

This review is just for the overall game. I want to make a page just about the Aurora Toolset, plus one just recommending mods & modules.

And now comes the real challenge battle: Lilura , you made a great guide to NWN and know a lot about their modules... wanna write this part? Or, failing that, can I blatantly copy your recommendations? :shittydog:

I don't even accept requests to write for cash. And who wants to taint their rep by writing for your twaddle-tome? Moreover, you are a fucking hack, charlatan, and slimeball.

felipepepe do you know the definition of insanity? :M

EDIT: Also, Lilura is a self-righteous cunt, NWN community is full of those

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i gotta say, i'm starting to like lilura. buttmad lil cockroach

r00fles!

btw, i started swordflight. i had forgotten how long it takes to set up NWN.

oh, and for god's sake just consider writing for pepe's book. it's always better to part of the solution than the problem! :)

(Problem being "lack of quality articles/writing/reviews on X/Y/Z thing"; solution being you creating them).

i'm sure pepe can pay you in waifu body-pillows.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Be careful with that Camera Mod if you play in higher resolutions like I do (1920 X 1080) since it really fucks up the scaling in cut scenes by zooming in and only displaying parts of the cut scene. I recommend not using it for a more reliable experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom