Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Obsidian's worst rpg

What's Obsidian's worst game?

• Total voters

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PoE getting more votes than Tyranny, are you guys for real?

Rev

Arcane
PoE getting more votes than Tyranny, are you guys for real?
Yeah, Tyranny is worse in pretty much everything, but the expectations for Tyranny were much lower and thus less people was butthurt about it, or even bothered to play it.

I have played Alpha Protocol, New Vegas, NWN2, Pillars of Eternity, KOTOR2, Tyranny. Out of those, New Vegas is without question the best game.

Tyranny is the worst.

Suicidal

Arcane
I think none of Obsidian's games (at least the ones I've played or saw let's plays of) are truly bad, as in "wow this game is so bad I'd rather neck myself than play it" but many are pretty mediocre. I'd choose NWN 2 OC as the worst for being a completely bland experience and the few good moments and characters that it had did not outweigh for me all the horrible repetitive combat, shitty unomptimized engine and the boring main plot.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
I put in PoE not because it is necessarily the absolute worst, but it's the most overhyped and least delivering compared to expectations. They could have pitched anything, made anything they want, totally free from publisher shackles. And this is the shit they decided to make :negative:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Dungeon Siege and South Park at least are simplistic games that don't pretend to be the real deal. FN:V has some interesting characters and choices. PoE and Tyranny have pseudo-complex mechanics, horrible design, the combat is a chore, etc.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
NWN2 oc is trash yet got surprise - final showdown is good. Most devs rush the finale, sometimes cut (hi for Desu Ex MD) but here? It's feels weird when you see that whole game was worked on, yet only last part is good.
It would be funny to find that Lionheart have great finale.

Played DungSiege3, totally unbalanced higher difficulty make some encounters impossible (3 of them), had to use trainer three times and reached finale. It's amazing to see the only bugfree game from Obsidian, yet wonder how they fucked up something so basic (action RPG for consoles).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
NWN 2 was indeed crap... And that fucking engine. You see what CD projekt did with aurora, and then what obsidian shat out of the collective asses, and it's night and day.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
If someone held me at gunpoint and asked this question I'd probably bite the bullet, but wheeze out NWN2 with my dying breath. It's probably their technically worst game, but not offensively bad and expansions really save it when seen as a complete game. DS3 had serious itemization problems, multiplayer stability and suffered from "built for gamepad" controls yet it more or less knew what it was and that lack of overreaching keept it in check.

Rev

Arcane
NWN2 oc is trash yet got surprise - final showdown is good. Most devs rush the finale, sometimes cut (hi for Desu Ex MD) but here? It's feels weird when you see that whole game was worked on, yet only last part is good.
It would be funny to find that Lionheart have great finale.
What are you talking about? The last dungeon was terrible, complete garbage, filled only with useless trash mob that also respawned, just to make it worse.
And the confrontation, with companions staying loyal or abandoning you depending on your past choices, could've been a good idea, if only they didn't went completely retarded with the reasons behind the betrayals (you always liked Sand more than me, so fuck you! I'll join an undead army to destroy life in all Faerun).
Really, the only good thing that came out of NWN2 is MotB.

LizardWizard

Cipher
The first few hours of NWN2 is basically cRPG cancer. The MMOish UI design in particular is soul crushing and then immediately being introduced to a variety of shitty insufferable companions (probably Obs worst effort here). Also at release is was a technical trainwreck and practically unplayable on most machines.

Rev

Arcane
uh what? The Witcher games were made with NWN engine? :eek:
Only the first Witcher: it used a heavily modified version of the Aurora Engine, used by BioWare for NWN.
From TW2 onward, they used their own engine.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What are you talking about? The last dungeon was terrible, complete garbage, filled only with useless trash mob that also respawned, just to make it worse.
And the confrontation, with companions staying loyal or abandoning you depending on your past choices, could've been a good idea, if only they didn't went completely retarded with the reasons behind the betrayals (you always liked Sand more than me, so fuck you! I'll join an undead army to destroy life in all Faerun).
Really, the only good thing that came out of NWN2 is MotB.
final confrontation not final dungeoun (which was indeed terrible) and whole betraying thing was decent but not better than other praised titles, should mention it earlier but whatever
I'll join an undead army to destroy life in all Faerun
these things are always gamey thing but this time Ob. went too far.

Durian Eater

Learned
I'll take the NWN2 OC over any skill-tree shooter with conversations modern mainstream RPG.

Or Tyranny. If that's the best they can do with their leading lights gone or working on other games, they should stick to doing one release at a time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom