Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Severian Silk

and then, they actually delivered all these additions in a timely fashion. In this day and age, that's... amazing!!
A thing only possible today in Eastern Europe. This game is developed in Eastern Europe isn't it?

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
#realbrothershavecurves!

Honestly, I'll gladly take the max fatigue gain you get from no longer beeing fat. Not a big fan of yo-yoing between fat and normal, makes a build for the brother more difficult.

Edit: reply to drew.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My sergeant-retardedired soldier once got fat perk. With his own penalty to max fatique he dropped to 45 or something like this. It was terrible.

jungl

Augur
fat perk is shit since hp is fucking useless in this game especially late game where you want your brothers to have fatigue so they can perform and not waste turns exhausted getting each other killed.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I got excited because in my Steam Library it said, "Battle Brothers [beta]" which made me think the beta had landed for everyone who bought the game, but alas, it seems not.

hmmm, strange, the game won't start once I pick my unit name, banner, and difficulty. It just hangs on the loading screen...

Severian Silk

Bought this game (when I shouldn't have because my monthly budget...). Is there a good newbie video on YT?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Bought this game (when I shouldn't have because my monthly budget...). Is there a good newbie video on YT?
The developers Let's play is kinda nice in talking you through what is going on and why in the game.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/OverhypeStudiosDev/videos

Start maybe with the first Let's play there, to get the basic stuff as I believe the later Let's plays mostly discuss new stuff that was added at the time and are about more advanced concepts.

Severian Silk

I started playing MOTB but may put it aside because the game is so fucking ugly... Nice soundtrack tho!

Drew

Savant
#realbrothershavecurves!

Honestly, I'll gladly take the max fatigue gain you get from no longer beeing fat. Not a big fan of yo-yoing between fat and normal, makes a build for the brother more difficult.

Edit: reply to drew.

My sergeant-retardedired soldier once got fat perk. With his own penalty to max fatique he dropped to 45 or something like this. It was terrible.

The guy in question
24lxOm4.png

Wasn't too bothered by his minimal stamina since his only job was to stand in front and not die

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The two guys with spears might have started the fight with shields, you won't see that at the victory screen if they got destroyed.

Drew

Savant
Do bigger orcs ever become feasibly "easy"? Young orcs are no problem with my squad but
I just completely wiped on a group of 5 young and 5 warriors
They just have so much hp, and lots of armor, and shields, I feel as though I'd need to fully invest in good flails to ignore shields or good axes to break through them on turn one.
How do you guys deal with their leap stuns? When I'm only facing young I feel as though I can afford to simply eat the stun as I'm not likely to take a whole lot of damage in a single turn, but I don't think I can be as careless with warriors.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
i find that having 2 bros with 2handed hammers and 2 bros with 1handed hammers makes easier to battle orc parties with 5-10 warriors,although i usually have 1-2 bro fatalities

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom