Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

As compiled from people's wish list of games to be bought. Another, more interesting wishlist is the list of games people want on GOG.

The top 10 there are:

Diablo series
Mechwarrior series
Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection (Don't they know most of the C&C games are freeware?)
Black & White
The Curse of Monkey Island
Warcraft 1 & 2
Full Throttle
Blade Runner
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
Freelancer

Only one of these is (technically) guaranteed to be on GOG by this time next year. Can you guess which one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection because there is less problems with rights and EA games (new) are here, so time for middle ground (not ancient old like Ultima and not new like Dagon Age).

pippin

(Don't they know most of the C&C games are freeware?

Were, but aren't anymore. Official download links for the freeware versions of the games that were indeed considered to be given away are not working anymore, and you have to get those using different sources.
Since the Ultimate Collection exists, they are now commercially available, and "not really freeware".

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Thanks for that, pippin. I wasn't aware of the latest changes there... but then again, knowing EA, it doesn't surprise me.

As for the answer - what's Double Fine up to these days? ;)

pippin

Thanks for that, pippin. I wasn't aware of the latest changes there... but then again, knowing EA, it doesn't surprise me.

It has happened to many games though. Ground Control for instance. Lost its freeware state when it was re released on Steam+Gog. I don't mind that, actually. In fact, I kinda like it that publishers realized there is a market for old games.

A horse of course

Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection because there is less problems with rights and EA games (new) are here, so time for middle ground (not ancient old like Ultima and not new like Dagon Age).

I bought the Ultimate Collection on Origin a few years ago and had to get a refund because stuff like Tiberium Sun just refused to work.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I bought the Ultimate Collection on Origin a few years ago and had to get a refund because stuff like Tiberium Sun just refused to work.
Then GOG fix that issue (much easier than dealing with rights) and tadah, jobs done, still deserve being called good old something...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As for the answer - what's Double Fine up to these days? ;)

Oh, you meant Full Throttle. I thought it was something we didn't know was coming.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Blade Runner?
Blade Runner needs a real patch for modern CPUs (there are two scenes impossible to get past and one optional thing that doesn't work).

So it's potential re-release is very much uncertain.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/ga...or_release_in_the_future_part_2?as=1649904300
Well I guess it is kind of expected now that we wil be getting more of the missing Sierra classics, but in particular I think we will be getting the Conquests games soon. They had both been available for free from Christy Marx's website for many years and I even downloaded them last month, but now the links have suspiciously disappeared from her website. If Activision keeps up this pace, 2017 will end up being one of the best year's in GOG's history for classic adventure game releases.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm affraid it's more than that - I've heard about missing code, also EA, so...
EA has tons of games on GOG not sure why that would be a problem.

I'm not sure what you mean about missing code, but you mean the original source code? I wouldn't be surprised if it's long gone, but a dedicated enough hacker can still patch it.

Krivol

Magister
I'm affraid it's more than that - I've heard about missing code, also EA, so...
EA has tons of games on GOG not sure why that would be a problem.

I'm not sure what you mean about missing code, but you mean the original source code? I wouldn't be surprised if it's long gone, but a dedicated enough hacker can still patch it.

My point (with EA and missing source code) was that this game was not re-selled , well, I'm not sure, ever? It's quite hard to get this today (I mean legally) and nobody patched it up to this day even if EA is selling (or giving away) old shits (like Crusader: No Remorse IIRC) on Origin.

It's just... I just want to play this game, I've heard it's great and every game you play is different and I love Blade Runner the movie... Just let it happen.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/ga...or_release_in_the_future_part_2?as=1649904300
Well I guess it is kind of expected now that we wil be getting more of the missing Sierra classics, but in particular I think we will be getting the Conquests games soon. They had both been available for free from Christy Marx's website for many years and I even downloaded them last month, but now the links have suspiciously disappeared from her website. If Activision keeps up this pace, 2017 will end up being one of the best year's in GOG's history for classic adventure game releases.

Christy Marx deserves plenty of Brofists for having had her games available for download for free, seeing as they were not being monetized in any way. With that seemingly about to change, I hope she gets her cut of the money.

You should read up on her, she's done a lot more than just make the Conquest games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Weekly Kwaii sale includes many XSEED/Falcom games and JRPGs: https://af.gog.com/promo/20170220_weekly_sale_kawaii_sale?as=1649904300

MGLDJRM.gif

tuluse

Arcane
My point (with EA and missing source code) was that this game was not re-selled , well, I'm not sure, ever? It's quite hard to get this today (I mean legally) and nobody patched it up to this day even if EA is selling (or giving away) old shits (like Crusader: No Remorse IIRC) on Origin.

It's just... I just want to play this game, I've heard it's great and every game you play is different and I love Blade Runner the movie... Just let it happen.
It is really great. Has some awesome C&C and yeah personalities are randomized on new games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom