Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A comprehensive guide to Space Rangers 2!

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
DV7sKqf.jpg

Damn, that big enough for you?

The other hull on the left was an ironclad with size 1250, maloq hull. As soon as I finally got the "shell" micromodule this one shows up. 1000+ speed with an almost 1500 size hull!

Also, glad I learned of the androids. I have two now that are kitted out with disintegrators and turbogravirs and all I have to do is release them and they capture entire systems for me, and collect all the loot to boot!

As for a sequel, I just wish they had made the interface a little better at some point. Otherwise the game has everything and the kitchen sink to boot.

Humanophage

Arcane
I recall enjoying Space Rangers some time ago, even finishing it. I tried replaying the game, and so far the gameplay boils down to aggressive trading. The fights on the main map are not hard, but tedious - you just fly around with 4 rocket launchers and equipment that boosts missiles. Because you have to recharge rocket launchers, combat is actually bad for you financially. However, the coalition is so grossly inept that they just lose everything to pirates and dominators unless you liberate systems.

I love the atmosphere and the looks of the interface though.

Wouldn't say the strategic mode is that hard; it's just that it's very actiony, so you have to move your robots back and forth all the time. Because there are no hotkeys to select groups of robots, drawing rectangles quickly grows too irritating, and so you turn battles off.

Wouldn't say the strategic mode is that hard; it's just that it's very actiony, so you have to move your robots back and forth all the time. Because there are no hotkeys to select groups of robots, drawing rectangles quickly grows too irritating, and so you turn battles off.

CTRL-(1-9) to bind, (1-9) to reselect. Exactly the same as every other RTS since Starcraft.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
3weue3j.jpg

:lol:

I have played the game through half a dozen times and never realized until now that Gaals = Swedes.

Gaal of course is a Sweish surname, and all the missions for Gaals are political correctness hilariously gone wrong. Like delivering warm clothes to maloq children, and the maloqs use them to cover their ships as rain shields, getting fairy tales from humans because their children have become so oversensitive and too-trusting they cannot deal with the real world, and on and on. And they were once great warriors who now live lives of contemplation and are going extinct....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom