Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
After finally getting through the Takeda blitz I'm left with the realization that the actually tedious part is trying to figure out which house the RNG throws the three generals and somehow trying to capture them.
Please kill me.

Grinolf

Arcane
After finally getting through the Takeda blitz I'm left with the realization that the actually tedious part is trying to figure out which house the RNG throws the three generals and somehow trying to capture them.
Please kill me.

When enemy house recruit a new commander, his/her name would be written during their turns, so better not to skip them. It also good idea to scout forces os said house after that, and if they deployed needed commander deploy commanders, that increase chance of capture. One warrior with light attack should be enough.

Jason Liang

Arcane
It drives me nuts that there are 2 characters I can't identify in this picture.

sengokurancecharacters.jpg

Ho ho, I finally figured out who those two characters are!

*The woman above Rance's head is Amaterasu.
*The girl between Inukai and Yuzumi is Kakusui from Slash! Thrust! Burn! She's not in Sengoku Rance at all.

tsiforb

Learned
Patron
Possibly retadred Sengoku Rance noob question: what is the cost or effect associated with taking satisfaction bonuses? The number next to the menu entry went from 10 to 20 after I took one but I can't see that anything else changed apart from getting the bonus.

There are a few occasional hiccups with things in the menus perhaps because of fonts or applocale or me being an idiot or I don't know what, but everything has been easy to figure out apart from this.

Jason Liang

Arcane
You can take a satisfaction bonus every 10 satisfaction. The cost doesn't increase, and all the bonuses cost the same, 10. So the number is just showing you what total you need for your next bonus (not the cost, which stays at 10), which you might have already exceeded.

Possibly retadred Sengoku Rance noob question: what is the cost or effect associated with taking satisfaction bonuses? The number next to the menu entry went from 10 to 20 after I took one but I can't see that anything else changed apart from getting the bonus.

There are a few occasional hiccups with things in the menus perhaps because of fonts or applocale or me being an idiot or I don't know what, but everything has been easy to figure out apart from this.

You just get a satisfaction bonus once every 10 satisfaction. You used up the one you got at 10 sat, next one is at 20 sat and so on.

tsiforb

Learned
Patron
You can take a satisfaction bonus every 10 satisfaction. The cost doesn't increase, and all the bonuses cost the same, 10. So the number is just showing you what total you need for your next bonus (not the cost, which stays at 10), which you might have already exceeded.

You just get a satisfaction bonus once every 10 satisfaction. You used up the one you got at 10 sat, next one is at 20 sat and so on.

:bro:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So... having finished sengoku rance 3 times already but still hungry for more, can someone in this thread recommend me a similar game? Doesn't have to be Rance or Alicesoft, but I demand something in english...

TigerKnee

Arcane
Nothing really comes close to being as good as Sengoku Rance in this genre so don't get your hopes up too much.

Kichikuou Rance is its spiritual predecessor - the basic gameplay systems like battles are worse but it makes up with a lot of C&C.

There's Big Bang Age / Daibanchou, which is another territory conquering strategy game by Alicesoft.

Eiyuu X Senki copies a lot from Sengoku Rance but is mostly worse because it's just all-around weaker especially with the lack of a soft time limit.

Sengoku Gensokyo is a similar Touhou fangame

Jason Liang

Arcane
I realized that they are both strategic rpgs, where the challenge isn't in tactical combat but in figuring out better and better orders to do things (so yes, both games are meant to to be replayed several times). Both have the key quality of strategic rpgs, which is time as a limited resource (you have a limited number of turns). And in both you explore, find and interact with interesting characters/ species. In both you spend most of your game time staring at a map figuring out where to explore, otherwise in a character interaction screen. Both are comedic adventures. Both have missable content, which encourages replaying and experimentation, and both have a rather epic story/ backstory.

Last edited:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
undefined.bmp

edit: image doesn't show
http://imgur.com/a/20HEW

the war hammer is pretty realistic-looking, a plus for anime-style game

aaand, despite the loli face, she's actually taller than her face make it looks and quite shapely

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So... having finished sengoku rance 3 times already but still hungry for more, can someone in this thread recommend me a similar game? Doesn't have to be Rance or Alicesoft, but I demand something in english...

Not the same at all, but I found a translated game called Alchemy Meister that I've found nearly as addictive as Sengoku Rance. Alchemy Meister is more like an adult version of Shining Force in gameplay.

laclongquan

Arcane
Sengoku Rance, in a way, is an optimization game. YOu have a few different aims, but once you set it down, it become optimizing your move for best effort.

Anyway, in that note, Daibanchou, same producer, earlier game, is nearly similar. You expand your force from your highschool to your town to your region to entire japan.

Seem like Sill is the main heroine this time.

7 character party?

Shizuka&Nagi are kids.

Apart from the monster girl mothers/goddesses in the middle there are two furrys at the right top corner. Kayblis' assistants. If they are the same as in Kichikou their combined brain power is likely equal to Athena's.

Red Eye

Learned
Seem like Sill is the main heroine this time.

7 character party?

Shizuka&Nagi are kids.

Apart from the monster girl mothers/goddesses in the middle there are two furrys at the right top corner. Kayblis' assistants. If they are the same as in Kichikou their combined brain power is likely equal to Athena's.

7 characters at one in the party like how 03 had a max amount of party members you can use. And there is a unit organisation button.

No real evidence of a main heroine. That just seems like in image from the start of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom