Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Happy Valentine's!
9VW2AVu.png

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I get the feeling that PoE will only reach the relationship stretch goal and no other else, unless there's some really serious influx of backers.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
You just know they are going to force you to do some Orlan yiffing to get a good piece of equipment or what not.. fucking disgusting. Wish we could purge the world of these non-human races, they are a blight upon Eora. I also wish we didn't have racial bonuses for character creation.. sometimes I want to min/max but I can't because ain't no way I'm playing a fucking elf or furfag or fishman. At least Tranny ditched that shit and only had humans, but then we had to sit through literally cuck characters like Barik.. And given that the writing team from that game is back I'm sure cucking the PC will be one of the major romance plots for one of the characters.

But we gotta please everyone, and by everyone I mean only those types that would complain and whine like babies if the game wasn't :incloosive:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I get the feeling that PoE will only reach the relationship stretch goal and no other else, unless there's some really serious influx of backers.

It is still necessary to count 700k in fig funds already reserved. AND Paypal.

At that moment PoE2 is doing 25k per day. It would be at least 2.6M + 250k + 700k (fig funds) + PAYPAL

So I estimate it to reach 4M with ease.

Sizzle

Arcane
About Eder's racist tag - it probably won't mean he's a believer and supporter of racist views in the same way someone like Durance is, but that he's sort of oblivious to it when it does crop up in conversations.

Which, considering he's supposed to be an uneducated farm boy living in a country that's had several wars with orlans, and thinks aumaua are a seldom-seen but highly aggressive and warlike people - makes perfect sense, and only makes his character all the more interesting, given the sequel's setting.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He's probably "racist" in the same way people were in older times. I never thought much about it, to be honest. Made him more believable.

Sizzle

Arcane
He's probably "racist" in the same way people were in older times. I never thought much about it, to be honest. Made him more believable.

Exactly. And, as someone who was probably raised on evil orlans tall tales, that's the nature of that infamous banter with Hiravias: "You know, shorty, I'm glad you're one of the good ones." :D

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The most interesting thing to me from that update is the Ranger Companion's pet and how it's scouting ability will be implemented. The kiting potential is through the roof except...:balance:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am a little skeptical how the 3.0M stretch goal will turn out. It sounds like a lot more work (and writing) than prior stretch goals, especially if each companion reacts to the other 5-6 companions. On top of that, that also means even more lines need voice overs potentially.

I am more excited for the 2.8M goal for the extra class kits.
Obviously the scouting pet will have to be recharged by buttfucking romancing a male Orlan.

I think you mean sending the orlan to the mines for forced labor or testing new alchemy/animancy techniques on him.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sounds like the 3.0 stretch goal was the depth they were always going to do in companions and they're just dressing it up.

Which is better than promising a stronghold like the last game then not putting out a good one, but still.

Sentinel

Arcane
Is that pic in their update all the companions there are?
Is there seriously no dwarf companion?
What's the point of playing an RPG if there's no midget screaming in a scottish accent and recklessly charging into battle every 10 seconds?

Also what's up with these classes? The orlan's art looks sick as fuck, but why's the lad who looks like a fucking pirate, wields a gun, and belongs in a pirate company, a cipher/barbarian? Doesn't fit at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom