Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Obviously, it's you who has no fucking clue.

GGG are making jewgolds, not a balanced game.

they seem to be borderline inept at doing that, as well
One can argue that GGG went the wrong direction when it comes to "Hardcore" gamer, "closed beta PoE" "Clear speed meta" etc, but from purely money making standpoint, they are doing the best they ever were, breach was consistently beating all concurrent players records with good player retention. And they are also trying to open a new market (Consoles) for their game. You don't do that when you are running out of money.

Perkel

Arcane
HOLY FUCKING SHIT 6 NEW ACTS with 3.0 !!! That is like 6 fucking more than 4 we used to have... WHAT ? WHAT IS THIS ?

WELL FUCKING DONE GGG YOU ASS RAPED EVERYONE

Zdzisiu

Arcane
HOLY FUCKING SHIT 6 NEW ACTS with 3.0 !!!

That was a complete surprise. Everybody was sure about act 5, but then boom, up to act 10 bitches!

But how long will the additional acts be ? How much content? I mean, being a realist, I can't see them being as long as acts 1-3, unless GGG managed to pull some unholy magic.

Perkel

Arcane
But how long will the additional acts be ? How much content? I mean, being a realist, I can't see them being as long as acts 1-3, unless GGG managed to pull some unholy magic.

Fucking seriously. I am like watching trailer.. ACT 5 yes finally.... back to wreclast ? What ? ACT6 I am like WTF dude two acts amazing !!!! Then ACT 7 jaw on floor and then act 8.... act 9 .... and act 10.
Can't dude.

Imo looks like they simply planned this for a long time and past 2-3 years they really earned a lot of money to reinvest into game developement.

This also means there won't be any dif. now. So when you finish campaign you will be doing maps already.

Obviously i think they will cut down a bit Act3 and act 2 and those new acts will have more or less same amount of time to beat.

Still fucking amazing. 6 whole new acts. Like wtf dude when something like this can happen ?

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are those fucking wheel skeletons at 1:20?

This is pretty fucking cool though, going through the same acts three times over and over was the worst.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It remains to be seen how exactly the acts are gonna change. I kind of like the assumption I read earlier, where someone imagined the first runthrough of the game to actually differ from the second one. Basically you get to do Acts 1-4 once, then do Acts 1-4 on merciless again with actual consequences (merveil dead, bandit choice mattering etc.) in the gameworld happening, which would explain the different act1 shown in the xbox trailer. It would be one hell of an effort but I'd certainly dig it and it would remove most of the complaints about the repetitive leveling process.

Chris commented here and there on reddit and it at least seems to be more than just "removed cruel, implementing gradual resistance/xp penalty scaling". Who knows, maybe once we clean up Wraeclast in normal the BDSM Nazi-Templars will arrive in merciless and fuck shit up.

Where do I get my wizard hat?

I am kind of intrigued about the balancing of the acts, considering the jump from act3 to 4 was somewhat huge. Unless they significantly nerf most of the earlier content, the later acts are going to be tough as nails.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hmm, that's cool and all, but honestly it wasn't the trip to mapping that put me off PoE. It was the mapping being boring because of the clearspeed meta. I'll probably run a character through 3.0 to see the new stuff (If there are new bosses in maps to match all the new acts as well that's a ton of new shit even if the acts themselves are tiny) but I can't see myself still playing this game a year from now.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It remains to be seen how exactly the acts are gonna change. I kind of like the assumption I read earlier, where someone imagined the first runthrough of the game to actually differ from the second one. Basically you get to do Acts 1-4 once, then do Acts 1-4 on merciless again with actual consequences (merveil dead, bandit choice mattering etc.) in the gameworld happening, which would explain the different act1 shown in the xbox trailer. It would be one hell of an effort but I'd certainly dig it and it would remove most of the complaints about the repetitive leveling process.

Chris commented here and there on reddit and it at least seems to be more than just "removed cruel, implementing gradual resistance/xp penalty scaling". Who knows, maybe once we clean up Wraeclast in normal the BDSM Nazi-Templars will arrive in merciless and fuck shit up.

Where do I get my wizard hat?

I am kind of intrigued about the balancing of the acts, considering the jump from act3 to 4 was somewhat huge. Unless they significantly nerf most of the earlier content, the later acts are going to be tough as nails.
Hmm? You have 12 acts now and you are gonna end up with 10. There shouldn't be any need to nerf earlier content.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, with the 10 acts, comes the removal of both cruel AND merciless. One playthrough for one character. Amazing change since doing cruel was the most mindless slog one could imagine. No more cruel Malachi, every Boss only has to be killed once.

Also, the way the reused a lot of assets but gave them unique twists, and how they changed some zones brought a tear to my eye and a warm feeling to my cold heart. That is some brilliant use of resources.

If anyone wants to see whats comming in act 6 and how they changed the zones, here is Ziggys video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf6Ha-R7taA

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Hmm? You have 12 acts now and you are gonna end up with 10. There shouldn't be any need to nerf earlier content.

Look at act4 difficulty. For most new players, act4 is pretty damn hard to get through, and even experienced ones die there more often than in the other 3 acts (at least from my experience during new leagues on HC). GGG will want a proper difficulty progression throughout all 10 acts so something is going to change on that end. Not the biggest of issues, I know, but still something I'm rather interested in.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah and it seems that PART TWO takes place years after act 6 finish.
So you will probably see what happened to forest encampment in act 2 once you chose side etc.

On other hand Diablo3 added necromacer ....

lol

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah and it seems that PART TWO takes place years after act 6 finish.
So you will probably see what happened to forest encampment in act 2 once you chose side etc.

On other hand Diablo3 added necromacer ....

lol
If you want to check some of the "What happened to the zones you always knew"? check Ziggys video. He goes into act 6 and shows how the act 1 and 2 zones changed.

Quatlo

Arcane
My jaw is on the floor, GGG is fucking insane. I seriously don't know how they keep up with delivering so many great ideas at regular intervals. These people will go places in the industry.

Perkel

Arcane
I just watched ZiggyD video. Holy fuck those aren't just reskins. ACT6 basically is ACT1+ACT2 completely changed maps + completely new maps with at least 3 bosses.

So ACT6 isn't any shorter than any vanilla ACT1-4 act. And instead of being simple reskins they are completely changing parts of map + adding completely new areas along with new enemies etc.

Perkel

Arcane
stolen from reddit, basically me watching trailer

act 5 hmm yeah cool..
act 6 : hmm wait what
act 7: hold on what what?
act 8: WHAT THE SHIT?!
act 9: WHOA WHAT IS GOING ON
act 10: NOTLIKETHIS WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON
One playthrough = YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
February 14: The Fall of Oriath Announcement.
February 16: Legacy League/Content Update 2.6.0 full details.
March 3: Legacy League Starts.
Late April/Early May: The Fall of Oriath Beta begins.
June-July 2017: The Fall of Oriath full release.

Just when I was damn sure I wouldn't be able to stomach another grind through the same acts they finally fix it. By summertime my autism should be p. well recharged for more PoE.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Looking at ZiggyDs preview of Act 6, it is interesting to see how the past few leagues/expansions have all been working towards this. Pretty much every zone shown in that video is already a map, most of them new tiles that have been introduced in atlas. That Brutus+Shavronne fight seems to be somewhat similar to the prophecy chain, I would imagine a couple of other re-appearances from notable gods. The pantheon upgrade paths also are quite similar to both the ascendancies, but what has been shown so far it doesn't look nearly as "power-creepy" as those. More like passive-essences or mastercrafts.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Looking at ZiggyDs preview of Act 6, it is interesting to see how the past few leagues/expansions have all been working towards this. Pretty much every zone shown in that video is already a map, most of them new tiles that have been introduced in atlas. That Brutus+Shavronne fight seems to be somewhat similar to the prophecy chain, I would imagine a couple of other re-appearances from notable gods. The pantheon upgrade paths also are quite similar to both the ascendancies, but what has been shown so far it doesn't look nearly as "power-creepy" as those. More like passive-essences or mastercrafts.
Yeah, its amazing to see how the previously added content is incorporated into the game. The beacon was for example introduced in Atlas of Worlds as a high tier map. The Shavronne Tower zone is a Tower low tier map.

Another thing I loved was fetid pools being green again since we cleared the necromancer there! (Yeah, sure we did, right? :D)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom