Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
giphy.gif

Suicidal

Arcane
When I saw this:

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F029412abbe0cabd6c87e809c06e6d826a4cebaee%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1487089482

I immediately thought "romances" and wanted to withdraw my $0 pledge in anger, but after reading about what they had to say I thought it sounds pretty cool.

the Watcher kicking a cat would draw a strong immediate negative response from Edér. Threatening to kill the dog of a thug would lower his opinion of you, but he wouldn't derail the conversation over it

But I'm sure he won't mind when my party kills its 18th pack of wild boars, bears or wolves while exploring the local wilderness, right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F051c98eeeea1dfb870db079141d54d45df3c1ff7%2Foriginal.png%3F1487089482

There's your sixth companion. The shirtless male Aumaua.

Thought he was a Moon Godlike the first time I saw that picture :D
Yeah what's up with the tentacle hair, and why doesn't have the skin patterns like other amuamuaua? Why is this race so inconsistent?

Yeah, he might be some sort of Aumaua godlike.

The Aumaua from Rauatai are the ones who are supposed to have blue skin, so he and Kana Rua's sister have a racial reversal thing going on.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F051c98eeeea1dfb870db079141d54d45df3c1ff7%2Foriginal.png%3F1487089482

Yeah what's up with the tentacle hair, and why doesn't have the skin patterns like other amuamuaua? Why is this race so inconsistent?

The Aumaua from Rauatai are the ones who are supposed to have blue skin, so he and Kana Rua's sister have a racial reversal thing going on.
Good point, he's some sort of sea god godlike, I just noticed he has fins on his arms.

Unless they retconned the coast amaumua to be more fishlike.

Parabalus

Arcane
You know that's what's gonna happen. First the faggots push to add romances, then they push to add faggot romances.

Even Bioware needed a decade to add all that in, compare ME1 to DA:I, 1 bi guy vs full blown RIDE TEH BULL orgy. I doubt Obsidian will go too crazy for PoE2.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
tbh I like the sound of the system, but I'm not looking forward to the inevitable shoehorned in 'themes. Especially not from the fanfic-tier writers.

Shirtless Aumua looks to be our male inclusivity hire for the game, so maybe Eder and Aloth's integrity will be spared at least :eek:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

It's a watercolor, maybe the pattern wouldn't read well? I don't know, I'll ask.
Uh the other amuamua has her patterns. But again, I just noticed he has fins on his arms so maybe he's not quite a common example of his race.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Companion relationships always lead to the following scenarios:

- Companions always respond to your love.
- Companions never refuse your love even if it goes against their character.
- What does "stop hitting on me" mean? I would be eager to part from a party if someone I don't like kept hitting on me. This in turn leads to the following two scenarios:
- "omg stop hitting on me you insensitive pig" -> Female leaves the party, "YEAH FEMINISM, YOU SHOW HIM GIRL". This of course doesn't happen because of points 1 and 2.
- "omg stop hitting on me you faggot" -> Male leaves the party, "OMG FUCKING PIG HOW IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED" -> Developer makes every character bisexual because of points 1 and 2.

The world was a simpler time when people accepted other people's opinions.

Sizzle

Arcane
Even if those are some sort of dreadlocks, they look quite odd, both in that Valentine .gif, as well as that group photo.

It seems to me that they are meant to invoke a resemblance to a sea creature's tentacles - so he could be either a different Aumaua sub-race than the ones we know from PoE1, or some sort of Godlike.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yeah, a sea/moon Ondra unique Godlike, kinda like how Pallegina is a Hylea Gidlike would make sense.

Fry

Arcane
Less degenerate than I feared, but could still be implemented really, really badly.

Great portraits, BTW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom