Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

From what they say it is feature complete and the only thing remaining after this beta will be bugfixes and general numbers-tweaking and balancing. And then RELEASE and salvation!

omg, the torture will never end......:negative:

Think about those poor sods who've been there since the start of the thread three years ago.
I have not posted much, but I am one of those poor sods. I think I am going to buy it after this next update though, I don't mind bugs, I just want the game to be basically in its released state (content wise) and it sounds like it will be-- or so close to being the case that I can be okay with buying it. I don't like to play early because it spoils it for me. So yeah, I have been waiting quite awhile.

Andnjord

Arcane
mockup_village4.jpg
mockup_dungeon4.jpg

rapsdjff explain yourself :rpgcodex:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
There is a lot of missing features they have teased, but haven't found their place in the game so far. Still, they might push some of them after the release or in expansions/DLC's/BB2.
Eg. modding, battle sisters, different battle maps (cemetaries, cities, fields, taverns, dungeons etc.)

I'm fine with that as long as they won't abondon these ideas after 1.0 hits. This game is seriously a huge effort, so it would be a shame to leave it without all those neat features ;_;

Andnjord

Arcane
Eg. modding, battle sisters, different battle maps (cemetaries, cities, fields, taverns, dungeons etc.)

Out of those and from reading the older dev diaries the only one I'm missing is the different terrain types. But I completely agree with this: "This game is seriously a huge effort". The devs are right to push this out of the door, reap the hopefully huge benefits and then only add the somewhat secondary elements. I have already been immensely enjoying this gem of a game even though it's missing its end game content and would without a shadow of a doubt consider it one of my favourite games of all times (alongside Fallout, PS:T and JA2) if the promised features of the new patch are competently implemented.

On a side note: Screw you orc warriors I had just looted that unique hoplon shield and it looked beautiful! May you enjoy Hades you loot-destroying bastards :dealwithit: !

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
The game is 1% short of overwhelmingly positive steam user reviews. Smash that like button and subscribe Leave a good review if you liked it pals.

This game is how Early Access should be, every time I think I'll never try EA again something like this happens :negative:
Thanks for the support!

I hope the game sells so well that they will continue to add stuff, maybe make some kind of expansion or DLC pack et cetera.

Seriously, I'm willing to pay another 20$ for an expansion with even more mobs, battle scenes, variety of options and modding support. This game is totally worth it.

My sheets are damp with thoughts of future content/dlcs for BB.
It's actually looking good for us to try our luck with a DLC after release. If we do it, then it'd be a combination of a free update and a sizable paid expansion with a clear thematic focus on improving some of the weaker points of the game with additional mechanics and content. We'd love to unlock this game's full potential if given the chance.

Horse armor DLC! (I'd buy it!)
* Horse not included

Possible to get a GOG key when it's sold there if we buy it through your website now?
No, you'll receive a Steam key only when buying on our website.

whats the trigger to find unique weapons/armour?

my last game went up to 200 days and i only saw 2 swords for sale in a stone keep.
Named items are spawned at worldgen, and the more difficult and farther away from civilization a location is, the higher the chance to find a named item as loot there.

Any plans for this to come to OS X?
Definitely not at release. The plan is to take a look after, but no promises on what decision will come out of it.

Battle sites should attract ghouls.
They do attract Nachzehrers, the reworked ghouls.

What the status of walls and ruins? Are they gonna be in release?
Location-specific combat environments unfortunately did not make it into the game. They're high up on our wish-list for any hypothetical content updates, however, for what it's worth.

Pirate-spinoff with boarding, managing a ship, whole crew and other stuff would be amazing as well.
I don't like pirates. But I do like space.

so when this latest beta build is released does that mean Battle Bro's is feature complete for release?
Yes, it'll be more or less feature complete. What's left to do then is bugfixes, balancing and some minor content additions, like events.

Yes, but when will you up the price, rapsdjff ?
We'll increase the price around the time we announce our release date, which is after the update is out later this month.

Also what happened to rivers?
They didn't make it into the reworked world map last year as they'd have required a considerable bit of work to get working right (there were all kinds of issues on the old map), while the new ocean and mountains already fill the role that rivers once did, but without the issues. We decided that the time was better spent adding other things to the game.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This game, as it is right now, is a GEM. Please, keep working on it as long as you can. Be sure I'll buy whatever DLC you put out. Thank you kindly for so many hours of joy :)

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Wow, lots of changes since I last play it. I still remember asking if there would be a campment and scouting system on BB's website, so I was rally happy to see those options in my new campaign. I was already happy to see it in the ''things to do list'' but with the terrible stories you hear about early access I was not 100% sure to see it. Actually it's my first early access buy, so I guess I'm lucky.

Also love the fact that missions are now organically tied to the world events. I love the great power feature and the end game !

Not sure about the new perk's UI though. I remember 3 categories (but it was almost 2 years ago) But I'm just at the beginning of the campaign....

I still love the art. Can see some changes, all for the better in that area.

Just one thing though. The music s really nice but doesn't it become depressing in the end ? Maybe you could add one or to tacks in the same medieval tone, but more upbeat ... Not as much as Dead Can Dance's Saltarello but, you know something drunken mercenaries would pick on the tavern's juke box after a difficult mission...

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Ja, schade.

Wait; I thought there were Location-specific combat environments in the game, since when you fight, say in swamps on the strategic map then you have swamps on the tactical map, no ? I also remember caravan protecting fights that had a road on the map (or maybe my memory is totally flawed)...

Last edited:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Ja, schade (traurig emoticon).

Wait; I thought there were Location-specific combat environments in the game, since when you fight, say in swamps on the strategic map then you have swamps on the tactical map, no ? I also remember caravan protecting fights that had a road on the map (or maybe my memory is totally flawed)...

You're kinda right. There are terrain-specific combat environments + roads when you're on one, but no location-specific sites like eg. orc/bandit camp, cemetary and other stuff. Basicly, all you get is full-flora scenes without assets related to encounter locations.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Location-specific combat environments unfortunately did not make it into the game.

:negative:
but there are terrain specific maps. maps reflect terrain is what i'm trying to say. i think there's 4 classes: savannah, hills, forests and swamps. and their features are randomly generated. the combat and worldmap gameplay are good enough that you don't really feel the lack of maps, unless you stick to the same terrain for too long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom