Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
I hope for samurai addon. We need katanas - this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth, so no more ork warriors rape trains.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I hope for samurai addon. We need katanas - this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth, so no more ork warriors rape trains.

What happens when you try to cut through another katana though? The result must be terrifying!

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
whats the trigger to find unique weapons/armour?
my last game went up to 200 days and i only saw 2 swords for sale in a stone keep.

Andnjord

Arcane
whats the trigger to find unique weapons/armour?
my last game went up to 200 days and i only saw 2 swords for sale in a stone keep.
You can find them quite easily if you go in the big unexplored foggy area and attack the unique locations you'll find there. In my current game a short raid of around 4 days netted me about 4 unique armours.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you see this, Infinitron? Your own God is promoting the game on twiter while you are incapable of posting one single update on the news page. Maybe Sawyer should take your job in the Codex.

And on Something Awful too!

Gp1XJvc.png

rapsdjff You guys have found an ally, make use of him

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
The chance to get a unique armor is irrelevant to destroying enemy armour/helmets?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unless it's the armor they're wearing (dagger puncture and flail aimed attack to the head help here) it doesn't matter.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
The chance to get a unique armor is irrelevant to destroying enemy armour/helmets?
To expand on Dr Skeleton's post: there are two ways you can loot uniques (or ordinary equipment). Either enemies spawn with them, in which case armour destruction matters, or they're a reward for assaulting a location (a camp, crypt, settlement, etc.) in which case it doesn't matter. If you see a visually distinctive piece of armour or a helmet on an enemy in combat, destroying the piece prevents you from looting it (although I can't recall if it's a 0% chance in the case of armour or just a reduced chance).

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't remember seeing an enemy wearing unique armor. Weapons and helmets yes, but never armor.

Could be wrong though.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
I don't remember seeing an enemy wearing unique armor. Weapons and helmets yes, but never armor.

Could be wrong though.

I will keep an eye peeled, then. I was thinking specifically of the wolf armour bandits wear in certain battles, which I covet but isn't technically unique, you're right.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Could be wrong though.

I will keep an eye peeled, then. I was thinking specifically of the wolf armour bandits wear in certain battles, which I covet but isn't technically unique, you're right.
This just happened clearing a bandit camp, two skull job from a fairly small village. The bandit leader wore it.
0CC33800DE53A46E0E1290E5365BD72E9A20A968

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom