Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Come on...

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Why the fuck can't I buy stuff?
Was not a thing in H2 and H3. In Blood Money, you buy upgrades... which make your Silverballer the only gun you ever really need for anything, and collecting weapons completely superfluous. Unlockables from Blood Money mostly made you better at stuff you were already doing well - a bonus mine, a bulletproof vest or a faster lockpick. Here, you get concealable explosives and a variety of different poisons and sedatives. Like in most RPGs, gaining cash in Hitman stopped being a limiting factor past mission 4, tops. It really does not matter. It did not matter when H2SA sold like hotcakes.
Cadmus said:
Why the fuck can't I get a bonus cool weapon for SA rating to use whenever I feel like it?
Now you have unlocks.
Cadmus said:
Why can't I stuff my suit with 30 handguns like previously?
Because it was clunky as fuck when you went on a killing spree in Hong Kong and had to carry around 5 UZIs and having to cycle between them to see which one has not already been used up. Alternatively, like in latter games, there really is no point to carrying all sorts of different shit handguns with weak firepower and no distinguishing features. Have you ever done anything interesting with the GK17, CZ2000 or the Magnum revolver?
Cadmus said:
Why don't I have a shed with all my collected canons displayed there?
You don't live in a shed anymore. Frankly, it's never been a big deal. If you are complaining about achievements railroading you, just make your own challenge and LARP around the level. Smuggle a battle axe from the crime scene or whatever.
Cadmus said:
Why can't I drop a gun and pick it up to have two guns equipped?
That, again, happened only in C47, where it was prone to bugs and overall not intuitive. No other game has this; you get a set of akimbo guns or not. Wasn't it annoying that in H2 and H3 you could only ever dual-wield your iconic Ballers in a game which may lower your end of mission rating based on amounts of fired shots?
Cadmus said:
Why are we getting less functionality than in a 15 year old game?
Hey, I never complained about being able to fail the mission in C47 for killing too many civvies/policemen and racking up money penalties or bringing a kitchen knife or katana to any mission I want both missing from the new games - both were things that were only ever featured in the games that introduced those concepts. I also do not miss Notoriety, which did not fucking work at all and I never noticed its impact. I mean, fuck, you are complaining about these things when Absolution made it seem like the Glacier 2 engine does not support closing doors. We are not being stripped of essential functionality.

I mean, Pro mode has a shitload of issues that mostly have to do with it being more padding than challenging, and so does the game; the elusive target model pisses off a lot of players when you fail because the target saw you right as he was being eliminated in melee, after you snuck up on him and delivered what was supposed to be a silent kill. Guards seeing you through walls, etc. etc. Not to mention that the promo art features a sniper rifle suitcase that hasn't shown up for the whole of season 1. The Contracts mode is somehow, also, built worse than the one in Absolution, where it was a decent highlight to a mostly bad game. The fact that they constantly keep removing cool things like the penetration ability of that one otherwise obnoxiously loud and unwieldy sniper rifle, or the ability to incapacitate enemies by shooting them in the kneecaps, does not help.

Still, though, the game is a solid stealth title. After playing every game in the series for 43248234832 hours and learning unique things about each game's mechanics on my own, I am pretty certain that this new Hitman is capable of presenting the same kinda fun as the other games, as little as I was able to play of it without the necessary hardware.[/quote][/quote]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't understand what the score is for.
Bragging rights and replay value. Beat your friends' times, improve your personal best, etc.
That's as useless as it has been for the past 30 years. Hate newspapers score.
Not my cup of tea either, but that's what it's there for.
meh.png
You know what, I am a liar. I actually do care about score. I find myself looking at my friends' scores, times, etc. and trying to beat them. It's fun. Joe did it in 20 minutes without getting spotted, maybe I can do it too. I did it, I feel like I am getting better at the game. I also enjoy the challenges like do it all in the ice cream suit to earn another mastery level. I'm not saying these kind of features are not popamole - they're practically the embodiment - but it appeals to my achieverish side and I do get dopamine from it.

Cadmus

Arcane
Finished Sapienza. What a big level. It was really cool and filled to brim with shiny objects to fuck around with. Finished it sort of in one go by killing whoever necessary and slowly finding out what to do. Gotta admit that was fun. Did the fashion show by randomly sneaking through and headshotting my targets. I like doing that, it's kind of silly but too much environmental fuckery bores me.

PowerTorment
- why can't I select a weapon to ready without equipping it? it's especially jarring since my selected item gets overriden with a picked up item all the time. I would suggest you make it possible to select an item from inventory without equipping it in my hand so that I don't have to search for a quiet place to re-equip my gun. Please tell me if I'm missing the option to do it because it's pissing me off.
- why is there not a dedicated map button?
- why is the map not live? suggest making it a toggle at least...or am I supposed to be using the minimap cuz that's not the same.
- are there any sniper rifles lying around or I gotta fuck around with the level enough to get the mastery for shipping the rifle there?

I don't understand what the score is for. The money mechanic is missing so that's stupid. I haven't figured out yet how the weapon availability works.
- if I unlock a gun through level mastery it's available only for that mission? If yes that sucks shit.
- do I unlock guns for "smuggled item" by picking them up or they are just there or how does that work?
Can somebody answer these please?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
- if I unlock a gun through level mastery it's available only for that mission? If yes that sucks shit.
I don't think so. I unlocked lethal poison vial on one level and it became available on a different level. I haven't been paying attention to the guns, because ... who cares about different guns?

Vibalist

Arcane
After browsing the official Hitman forums I get the impression PRO difficulty is a mixed bag.

One the one hand it adds things like cameras spotting you and footsteps making noise, on the other hand certain paths through the levels become impossible to pursue and guards are apparently uber aggressive and psychic.

The general consensus seems to be that it isn't really thought through and is more frustrating than difficult. Has anyone here played it?

Cadmus

Arcane
I'm now in the Colorado level and I don't like it. Makes me not wanna play the game.
This is what happens when there's only 6 missions and each is 30 square kilometers. At least the fucking jungle missions had a good soundtrack in H1.

Cadmus

Arcane
HAHA my fucking singleplayer game keeps kicking me out because it's losing the connection to the fucking IO server or whatever the fuck it is. Get fucked, IO retarded cocksuckers.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.ioi.dk/position/gameplay-programmer-2/

Apparently IOI is working on a new IP.

What is the job?

IOI is looking for a talented gameplay programmer to join our incubation team. The team is currently working on an new unannounced IP and is responsible for prototyping different mechanics for the Hitman team. We are looking for a programmer to help the team drive the project forward. This is your chance to work with the best and to put your mark on what we hope is our next big success.

You will work closely with a small team of designers to prototype gameplay mechanics in Unreal Engine. In addition, you will participate in design discussions and help put in place production pipelines.

Hope this is not another Marvel game.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Translation:

Hitman Project...DLC programmer...Micro-Transaction Coding...Looking for programmer(s) without a soul.

Zep--

Cadmus

Arcane
The piece of shit isn't working again.
Fucking morons.

OMG WHY DO YOU HATE ALWAYS ONLINE? EVERYBODY IS ONLINE ANYWAY LOLOL.
Fuck everybody who says this.

"The issue is with Valve there is nothing we can do on our end."

Except fucking releasing the game normally without always online DRM you fuckface IO retarded cocksuckers.

Good on you that you slipped so much doritos to the retarded journos so that they keep calling this turd a "bold success story, new experience, amazing episodic format, live (TM) (R) (C) x-perience"

Also every time I start up the game I'm greeted by a racist message calling me a racist for disliking anything about the game because it was created by a "diverse group of individuals". I don't like my games being racist and I don't like my games calling me a racist.

Also everywhere in the game it says HITMAN (TM) fuck you, eat shit.

Hmm. I haven't really been following this, but was thinking about picking it up due to the generally positive reviews I've heard, but... always online? Either I somehow forgot this or IO's marketing brainwashing got to me. Regardless, IO has lost a sale, and the suit in charge of the Always Online idiocy should lose his job.

Deleted member 7219

Hmm. I haven't really been following this, but was thinking about picking it up due to the generally positive reviews I've heard, but... always online? Either I somehow forgot this or IO's marketing brainwashing got to me. Regardless, IO has lost a sale, and the suit in charge of the Always Online idiocy should lose his job.

Same. I was going to buy it when the whole "season" (ugh) was released, but not if it has always online DRM too. Not even the Assassin's Creed games do that any more. I'll wait for it to be patched out... and heavily discounted in a sale.

Zombra

Patron
Same. I was going to buy it when the whole "season" (ugh) was released, but not if it has always online DRM too. Not even the Assassin's Creed games do that any more. I'll wait for it to be patched out... and heavily discounted in a sale.
For the record, there is an offline mode as well; the game is playable without a connection. You can still play all the levels and everything essential is available. But your progress isn't saved, your unlocks aren't saved, etc. and the general impression is of not having the whole game.

I was in the middle of playing a level (online of course) when suddenly there was a huge popup informing me that the server was no longer available. My only option was to quit midlevel and it said it's OK, you can start over offline but nothing will be saved and who are you again? I was like, bogus, and just quit the game.

Cadmus

Arcane
For the record, there is an offline mode as well; the game is playable without a connection. You can still play all the levels and everything essential is available. But your progress isn't saved, your unlocks aren't saved, etc. and the general impression is of not having the whole game.

I was in the middle of playing a level (online of course) when suddenly there was a huge popup informing me that the server was no longer available. My only option was to quit midlevel and it said it's OK, you can start over offline but nothing will be saved and who are you again? I was like, bogus, and just quit the game.
your unlocks such as new weapons, clothes and starting locations, lol.
you're not getting the whole game without online
IO sucks dwarf cock

Zombra

Patron
Yeah. And let's be fair, in Blood Money you couldn't start a level already disguised or choose a starting location, you had to get that shit by yourself every time; so the only thing really missing is moar guns, which I guess some people care about, but who plays Hitman to Rambo through levels anyway? So looking at it rationally, the offline mode is fine, but the presentation really makes it feel second-class and not worth playing. If you can get over that feeling, there's really nothing wrong with offline I think. I haven't actually played it myself of course because I don't want to be second-class.

Cadmus

Arcane
Yeah. And let's be fair, in Blood Money you couldn't start a level already disguised or choose a starting location, you had to get that shit by yourself every time; so the only thing really missing is moar guns, which I guess some people care about, but who plays Hitman to Rambo through levels anyway? So looking at it rationally, the offline mode is fine, but the presentation really makes it feel second-class and not worth playing. If you can get over that feeling, there's really nothing wrong with offline I think. I haven't actually played it myself of course because I don't want to be second-class.
No, that's not being fair.
Blood Money had 3x more missions and more features and weapon shopping. HTIEMAN (MT) is smaller and designed to be replayable specifically with the online-locked features.

spectre

Arcane
If you really want to be fair (we know you don't, but let's play along), it's not even close to 3x more missions.
It obviously depends on how you count them (i.e. should the Showstopper and Holiday Hoarders be considered as two separate missions), but in the worst case scenario we get:
8 levels of ((TM)) (only counting two prologue missions separately because they use a different map) vs. 14 levels of BM (counting Requiem and Tutorial, which aren't really proper missions).
In reality, the number of missions is comparable.

Still, ((TM)) blows BM out of the water when it comes to level size, interactivity and replayability.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
If you really want to be fair (we know you don't, but let's play along), it's not even close to 3x more missions.
It obviously depends on how you count them (i.e. should the Showstopper and Holiday Hoarders be considered as two separate missions), but in the worst case scenario we get:
8 levels of ((TM)) (only counting two prologue missions separately because they use a different map) vs. 14 levels of BM (counting Requiem and Tutorial, which aren't really proper missions).
In reality, the number of missions is comparable.

Still, ((TM)) blows BM out of the water when it comes to level size, interactivity and replayability.
Yet Blood Money is still a vastly superior game. It's not even fucking close.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Won't buy this ever, no matter how good it is, sometimes I take a long time and let a game waiting for my interest to pick up, on a few years Square Enix will sell all their western property that doesn't make much money and the servers are going to be shut down. For all purposes, this game is a fraud where they are selling to you something that they plan to take away, like you were buying a car with a motor with an expiration day, and this game isn't an online game where the online component is essential. Fuck Square Enix, Blood Money will remain the best Hitman game for the very fact that will be the only one of the two that will remain playable on a few years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom