Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You can have a cRPG set in any videogame universe of your choice

laclongquan

Arcane
Ancient China got Prince of Qin as a pretty good RPG. Seal of Evil as a sucky sequel. Inspire Bioware's Jade Empire.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I was a massive X-Files nerd growing up. A cRPG on that would've been awesome. No Truce With The Furies seems like it'll fill that gap.

laclongquan

Arcane
Fighting Retreat out of Atlantis

It's really less than represented on games, this kind of scenario.

You can play some campaign try to prolong the life and culture of Atlantis.

You can fight some desperate rear actions to evacuate survivors out of that doomed civilization.

You can try to rebuild nuAtlantis on the wild Earth, like North Africa or elsewhere, say, Middle America.

Keye_

Educated
- Anything by Gene Wolfe.
- The Count of Monte Cristo.
- Western.
- Blade Runner.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Warhammer, Fantasy or 40k is fine. Fact we never got a single RPG out of either one, especially when you consider BOTH have pen and paper roleplaying games, is something that still befuddles me to this day. But hey, GW has been doing crazy things lately with even niche lines like Necromunda and Man O' War getting video game adaptations so nothing is off the table.

Knowing my shitty luck they'd make Age of Sigmar RPG just to rub it in.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
A crpg set in a Jules Verne universe. With Nautilus as the base of operations, you zip around the oceans, discovering sunken cities, fighting hideous deep-sea creatures, visiting islands infested by savages and plunder commercial/military ships with your retrofuturistic electro-tec. You may stumble upon and even hire different heroes from all across his other works, exact timeline doesn't matter, just drop them all in a soup.

Jules Verne is public domain, so anyone is free to rape it to hell and back.

Pictured: one of the lower level encounters, a mudcrab

xJa8uVP.jpg

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Warhammer, Fantasy or 40k is fine. Fact we never got a single RPG out of either one, especially when you consider BOTH have pen and paper roleplaying games, is something that still befuddles me to this day. But hey, GW has been doing crazy things lately with even niche lines like Necromunda and Man O' War getting video game adaptations so nothing is off the table.

Yep, adapt Enemy Within campaign for fantasy an i'd be happy as a pig in clover. For 40k i'd like a Dark Heresy CRPG where you play as an Inquisitors coterie investigatin weird goings on in a hive world, from opulent spires to hellish underhives, and try to root out a Genestealer incursion.

Another vote for Thomas Covenant, perhaps somethin set between Lord Foul's Bane an Illearth War, play as a Lord, a Bloodguard or maybe even a Giant.

Or a CRPG set in me own universe where mankind sloping out of the Wald of old night has thrown off the oppression of their Fey masters and sought freedom and dominance in a campaign I call: "Against the Elves."

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Turns out there aren't many universes I can think of at the moment, and the only ones I can (Matrix, Harry Potter) aren't exactly my cup of tea.

So I'll go ahead and say that I want an Egyptian cRPG where you start as a foreigner and uncover a mortal plot against Tutankhamun. Along the journey you find different companions, such as a female street thief; an animal companion based on Anubis that turns out later to be the actual God Anubis and gives you extra endings (on top of the already existing) when you reach critical points of the plot; a mummy companion that is a total bro; one member of the King's Guard; a male slave; and a female priest.

Before you start the game, however, you play through a small sequence where you are an archeologist in an expedition. What you end up finding, decided by your dialogue chocies and so on, determines how the rest of the game (in the past) plays out.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Yep, adapt Enemy Within campaign for fantasy an i'd be happy as a pig in clover.

Fuckin that^ That was an epic.

Jazz_

Arcane
A crpg set in a Jules Verne universe. With Nautilus as the base of operations, you zip around the oceans, discovering sunken cities, fighting hideous deep-sea creatures, visiting islands infested by savages and plunder commercial/military ships with your retrofuturistic electro-tec. You may stumble upon and even even hire differen heroes from all across his other works, exact timeline doesn't even matter, just drop it all in a soup.

Jules Verne is public domain, so anyone is free to rape it to hell in back.

Pictured: one of the lower level encounters- Mudcrabs

I dig that. The marine world in general is so underused in videogames, I usually hate survival games but ''Stranded Deep'' kept me interested for a bit just by virtue of its setting.
I didn't know that Julius Verne's work was public domain, ''Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea'' was one of my favorite books growing up.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Black Company, which includes-
-Getting fucked over by your employers all the time
-Having to turn a group of lazy whiners into a group of dangerous lazy whiners
-Interludes where you watch Goblin and One-Eye go at each other.
-Fightan and winnan.

Fargus

Arcane
An RPG set in ancient roman times. Another RPG in the same setting but more of a gladiator simulation, but with plot.

RPG set in Arx Fatalis setting.

Game of Thrones RPG that doesn't suck.

Metro 2033 RPG.

Stone Age RPG.

And this:

Always wanted to play a Conan RPG.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
A member from the 34th horde of Alain Damasio's WindWalkers (La horde du contrevent I don't think it has an official english translation yet.).

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
A turn based Star Trek rpg including space travel, space combat, exploration on planets in turn based blobber style etc etc oh god I so want a space opera game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom