Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Black Angel

Arcane
Agree. I'd love to know what you think considering the visions and the concepts for No Truce with the Furies looks neat and :obviously:, especially when compared to a game with an easy-storyfag-mode like AoD.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
In case you missed this, there´s an hour long interview with the lead designer Robert / Marat Sar over at mixedupzombies.com: LINK

Like all good podcasts - it is audio only. So go and and feel welcome to listen to it while you´re at work, at the gym or, hell, playing the beta for Divinity Original Sin 2 :D

Robert talks about his approach to combat and violence in (role playing) games, the Thought Cabinet, about world building for No Truce With the Furies. He (once again) hands out asspats for the good ol´ Planescape Torment, shit-talks Dishonored 2 and the noir police drama games, and wants to rename Unity (whaat?). He also touches on companions and going solo in a cRPG.

EDIT:
I haven´t looked at our twitter for a while and I saw that there was this - go figure... #skills

C3L1_HRWcAEy1iy.jpg:large

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Okay - and now some news that at least everybody here at the studio has been waiting for. *Drumroll* ... yup, we now have a publisher. And an updated website. You can even subscribe to the RSS feed here.

"Humble Bundle will publish No Truce With The Furies"

So Humble Bundle is now a publisher, and we’re “presented by Humble Bundle”. This is the red hot piece of news we’ve kept ourselves from sharing with you for a while now. Since we just got an e-mail saying…

EMBARGO LIFT IS PLANNED FOR FEBRUARY 9. 2017 10.05 PACIFIC NOON TIME

I think it’s safe to say the cat is out of the bag. Dear friends, fans of indie and role playing games, here is the cat:

Humble Bundle Launches Multi-Platform Publishing & Funding Initiative

New initiative brings developers together with Humble’s over 10m customers; Humble will be evaluating games to publish during GDC and PAX East

San Francisco, CA February 9, 2017 – Humble Bundle announced the launch of a multi-platform publishing and funding initiative. The starting lineup includes seven games across a range of genres and styles, for PC, console, and mobile platforms.

A Hat in Time – The perfect ode to old-school 3D platformers, with a hat-swapping spin

HackyZack – A sticker-collecting, precision-platforming, puzzle-stunt game

Ikenfell – A heartwarming turn-based RPG about a school of magic and its troublesome students

Keyboard Sports – A cheeky adventure with Master QWERTY that uses the entire keyboard

No Truce with the Furies – An isometric role playing game that blends cop show antics with a genre busting “fantastic realism” setting, offering absurd new heights of non-combat gameplay for RPG fans

Scorn – Gripping first-person survival horror set in a nightmarish universe

Staxel – Grow your farm, meet the villagers, and join your friends online in building your world

Publishing Lead John Polson says, “Since Humble’s launch in 2010, we have earned the trust of over 10 million customers across our products. In a time when it’s harder than ever for games to find their audience, publishing feels like the next logical step in the services that we can offer to our developer partners.”

“All of our games will be ‘presented by Humble Bundle,’ carrying a seal of quality and curation that fans have come to expect. For each aspect of publishing, developers can choose the services they need, making Humble Bundle a truly modern and adaptable publisher.”

There you have it. Now we have a publishing and funding partner to fight the good fight along side us. That is: to bring No Truce With The Furies to you in the end of 2017. It’s shaping up to be a real treat for fans of story and roleplaying.

Lets end by wishing the best of luck to all the games sharing that cool-as-a-cucumber line-up with us, especially Scorn. A lot of Scorn fans here.​

PC GAMER writes about it too:
http://www.pcgamer.com/humble-bundle-launches-multi-platform-publishing-and-funding-program/

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't wait for the transformation of the game from isometric to first person and all conversations turning into shootouts!!!

Am I doing it right?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Publisher? Goddammit, now you can't be another feather in the indie RPG success cap!

:brodex:

The Fish

Arcane
I'm really looking forward to No Truce but I have to say, your studio logo looks like a cum splat.

L5XwFWK.png

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Game is also delayed from early 2017 to fall 2017.
Nope - it went from 16 to 17 and straaaight to the last quarter :D
Really now? Last time I checked, at the end of 2016, the game was scheduled for the beginning of 2017.
Might have been a typo - I have no wish to argue about that. Anyway, when we decided to push it into 2017, it was decided that it´s not just nudging it over the new year, but might actually take longer. We did not publish any specific dates, because the plans weren´t set in stone yet.

What´s with the attitude, anyway?. Did you pledge ten bucks on Kickstarter and feel like you´re being cheated now?

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Game is also delayed from early 2017 to fall 2017.
Nope - it went from 16 to 17 and straaaight to the last quarter :D
Really now? Last time I checked, at the end of 2016, the game was scheduled for the beginning of 2017.
Might have been a typo - I have no wish to argue about that. Anyway, when we decided to push it into 2017, it was decided that it´s not just nudging it over the new year, but might actually take longer. We did not publish any specific dates, because the plans weren´t set in stone yet.

What´s with the attitude, anyway?. Did you pledge ten bucks on Kickstarter and feel like you´re being cheated now?

Nah, just happy to have more intel about the game's release date. Keep up the good work, Kasp. :bro:

Marat Sar

ZA/UM
Developer
I'm really looking forward to No Truce but I have to say, your studio logo looks like a cum splat.

L5XwFWK.png

Close but not exactly -- in fact, it's seagull shit. Literally. It's an aesthetic splatter of seagull shit from the window of some horrid place I used to rent 4 years ago. I saw it, one morning from my bed, and I knew it was good. Historic level good. Then we had a three day design-philosophical argument about it with our art director Rostov. And I won the argument, as you can see. The logo was chosen precisely because it's not human made, and thus, will never go out of style; will never belong to one aesthetic period. The seagull shit will be just as fresh four thousand years from now.

PS this is all meant in complete sincerity, it actally IS seagull shit and we actually DID choose it for that.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Can't wait for the transformation of the game from isometric to first person and all conversations turning into shootouts!!!

Am I doing it right?

Funny you should mention this. Here´s an early screenshot mockup of when No Truce With the Furies was still a first person cop shooter:

zKIjR7b.png

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Then we had a three day design-philosophical argument about it with our art director Rostov. And I won the argument, as you can see. The logo was chosen precisely because it's not human made, and thus, will never go out of style; will never belong to one aesthetic period. The seagull shit will be just as fresh four thousand years from now.

Today Rostov agrees.

Got bored and left

Am I doing it right?

Funny you should mention this. Here´s an early screenshot mockup of when No Truce With the Furies was still a first person cop shooter:

zKIjR7b.png

No Truce With Bioshock: Infinite.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
I think the gun is actually a fan-made prop gun from Dishonored. Oh, those pesky cosplayers...

Black Angel

Arcane
Okay - and now some news that at least everybody here at the studio has been waiting for. *Drumroll* ... yup, we now have a publisher. And an updated website. You can even subscribe to the RSS feed here.

"Humble Bundle will publish No Truce With The Furies"

So Humble Bundle is now a publisher, and we’re “presented by Humble Bundle”. This is the red hot piece of news we’ve kept ourselves from sharing with you for a while now. Since we just got an e-mail saying…

EMBARGO LIFT IS PLANNED FOR FEBRUARY 9. 2017 10.05 PACIFIC NOON TIME

I think it’s safe to say the cat is out of the bag. Dear friends, fans of indie and role playing games, here is the cat:

Humble Bundle Launches Multi-Platform Publishing & Funding Initiative

New initiative brings developers together with Humble’s over 10m customers; Humble will be evaluating games to publish during GDC and PAX East

San Francisco, CA February 9, 2017 – Humble Bundle announced the launch of a multi-platform publishing and funding initiative. The starting lineup includes seven games across a range of genres and styles, for PC, console, and mobile platforms.

A Hat in Time – The perfect ode to old-school 3D platformers, with a hat-swapping spin

HackyZack – A sticker-collecting, precision-platforming, puzzle-stunt game

Ikenfell – A heartwarming turn-based RPG about a school of magic and its troublesome students

Keyboard Sports – A cheeky adventure with Master QWERTY that uses the entire keyboard

No Truce with the Furies – An isometric role playing game that blends cop show antics with a genre busting “fantastic realism” setting, offering absurd new heights of non-combat gameplay for RPG fans

Scorn – Gripping first-person survival horror set in a nightmarish universe

Staxel – Grow your farm, meet the villagers, and join your friends online in building your world

Publishing Lead John Polson says, “Since Humble’s launch in 2010, we have earned the trust of over 10 million customers across our products. In a time when it’s harder than ever for games to find their audience, publishing feels like the next logical step in the services that we can offer to our developer partners.”

“All of our games will be ‘presented by Humble Bundle,’ carrying a seal of quality and curation that fans have come to expect. For each aspect of publishing, developers can choose the services they need, making Humble Bundle a truly modern and adaptable publisher.”

There you have it. Now we have a publishing and funding partner to fight the good fight along side us. That is: to bring No Truce With The Furies to you in the end of 2017. It’s shaping up to be a real treat for fans of story and roleplaying.

Lets end by wishing the best of luck to all the games sharing that cool-as-a-cucumber line-up with us, especially Scorn. A lot of Scorn fans here.​

PC GAMER writes about it too:
http://www.pcgamer.com/humble-bundle-launches-multi-platform-publishing-and-funding-program/
Is this worthy as a newspost? Infinitron ?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Marat Sar Kasparov

Bros, you may have already answered this question and I missed it, but were you involved in some notable gamedev projects before?
I've drawn some things for game-related projects, most notably for Mutants Rising, a Fallout 2 total conversion mod that's still around.

Marat Sar has DMed a lot. Perhaps he'll go more indepth about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom