Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks, so the monster finding him in the bushes while he was watching the other one was just bs. :C It is funny how game devs always make their games sound more interesting than they really are.

I doubt it was bs, all I'm saying is that I was able to find mobs hanging around too. It's also worth remembering that it's not finished so god knows how those things will be in the final release

Jezal_k23

Is the AI as advertised? Does it really want to mercilessly kill you at all costs?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Hi all!

Thx for all your feedback & for playing! We're taking early access as an opportunity for trying out new things but we obviously also don't want to frustrate you when we err on the wrong side which is why you can expect an update soon that takes care of some of the most pressing issues, specifically the economy, the longevity of certain surfaces and the removal of some cc from the early enemies.

As we're getting closer to finishing the game and more and more game systems start being activated (we still have a lot of work but for the first time we can actually see the light), you can expect a few more drastic changes. Several of these have to do with the overall experience throughout the entire campaign and the removal of Source surfaces in the early game is related to that. Things like source vampirism, source vision and cursing surfaces are gradually introduced over the main campaign and in the first parts, Source is meant to be something that's hard to get.

One other pretty big change will be the introduction of the level 1 content, which comes before the area where you are now starting (which is supposed to be a level 2 area). That's why the encounter frequency in the beginning is what it is. That said, we may change it if we still see it as a problem after we added the level 1 content.

Regarding the starting classes - those too will be changing over the next couple of months as more and more skills (including those of other schools) get completed and talents get finished. Speaking of talents, lone wolf aka one man army will be available at level 1. We just deactivated it for now cause there's some issues with it.

This was also the first deployment of AI 2.0 and over the coming months we'll continue to work on it. We didn't go over all of the encounters yet to ensure they'd take advantage of it so all you've basically seen so far is AI 2.0 using the skills that were assigned to the enemies under AI 1.0 scripting. Once AI 2.0 is more evolved, we'll start modifying the encounters to balance them for fun. That's also when we'll start handicapping/powering it up to work differently at different difficulty levels.

I also would like to repeat that we're aware of many of your requests and that a lot of them are on our lists and being discussed. Since it's a long list however, some things may take time to materialise but I did want to make a point of posting here to thank you and to ensure you that the effort you put in posting here is worth a lot to us. It's making the game a lot better, even if from time to time we may screw up as we try out a couple of things.

Thanks for your patience!

Swen

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I happened to browse a Larian level designer's personal blog. (No, I'm not a stalker.) And while I happened to reading a post from October 2015, this struck me:

– Watch out on what you say –

Writing in the name of the company you work for is something fun and stressful. You need to think twice (and more) about everything that you say/write.

Fans will mostly take everything that you say for granted and/or they will interpret it on their own. Then they will post that somewhere and then, you’re done.

I made a mistake and even if, in the end, it turned out pretty well, I felt really bad about it.

You know, I speak French 99% of the time. My English is far from perfect. So sometimes I want to say something but I don’t use the right word because my vocabulary is kind of limited. This was part of my mistake.

Basically, two RPG communities that have a pretty nice rivalry were doing a fundraiser for our Kickstarter. One day, people were talking about it on the comment section and I decided to have a look at both. They were mostly at $4000 each. They both wanted to rise to $10000.

I said on the comment: “They should merge together so they will be closer to $10000.”

This was the mistake.

The word merge was the mistake.

I didn’t knew, but it was mostly like if I would have asked North and South Korea to merge together. Not that I’m comparing both community to South and North Korea but it felt like it.

Since, like I said, English is not perfect for me. The thing that I really wanted to say was: “They should both merge their funding so there would get closer to $10000.

Why was it a mistake?

Well, people of the community were also on the comment section obviously and they saw that. So they quoted me on their forum and I really looked like an idiot I guess.

I really learned something there.

I can say to you that I was thinking twice before posting anything after that.

I felt so bad about it that I even stopped all interaction with the community for a whole day.

Yes, it's about Codex and Watch fundraisers during D:OS 2 Kickstarter. I searched Codex to find out exactly who quoted his remark then.

Yeah, it was me: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2-codex-fundraiser.103339/page-5#post-4128632

I probably thought it was a jokingly encouragement to fundraisers, and I never intended to make him look like an idiot. And I don't think any of following reactions from Codex intended that. I guess he felt that way because he was not familiar with Codex and Watch stuff.

Well, I hope he didn't starting to shun Codex because of this.

pippin

codex confirmed to be best korea, watch confirmed to be absolute degenerates

gaussgunner

Arcane
I happened to browse a Larian level designer's personal blog. (No, I'm not a stalker.) And while I happened to reading a post from October 2015, this struck me:

I felt so bad about it that I even stopped all interaction with the community for a whole day.

A whole day... OMG, that's, like, an Eternity.

He still works at Larian? All good.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
We're pushing out a quick hotfix to tweak our new AI. We're not saying you're a bunch of pansies or anything, but apparently AI 2.0 kept cornering you and stealing your lunch money?

We're also taking the opportunity to balance loot and item prices (50% off all items, 75% off skill books) and stomping a couple of bugs. *Cough*JustLikeAI2.0Stompedyou*Cough* #GitGud

http://steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/675940444925676748

Hotfix v3.0.33.118 - Balancing economy, surfaces and CC

Hello everyone,

We're taking early access as an opportunity to try out new things, but at the same time we obviously don't want to frustrate our community when it comes to general balancing, which is why we are releasing this hotfix. We want to fix the most pressing issues - specifically the economy, the longevity of certain surfaces and the removal of some control spells from the early enemies.

Don't worry, your savegames are totally compatible!

Balancing and design changes
  • Prices for items have been lowered
  • Some early-level containers now have a higher chance to contain armor
  • Electrified surfaces and ice surfaces disappear after 3 turns
  • Enemies now have a small chance of dropping a gem or other precious item
  • AI does not use Sucker Punch at the early levels of the game anymore
  • Some traders in Fort Joy will now offer more cloth armor
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with general story progression
  • Fixed a crash introduced in patch 3.0.31.292. Was caught by players using feedback tool. Related to committing a crime.

Enjoy the hotfix. If you thought nothing was wrong anyway, you're probably going to enjoy Tactician mode in the full game :)

Cheers,

David
- Larian Studios

Aenra

Pick your poison. Swen said it's impossible, engine limitation. Modders have said it is possible, but entails time-consuming work. You know how it goes with time, man-hours and resource managing.
Would be great though, agreed. Needing 3 minutes to kill a fucking rat was too much.

(on the contrary, i never had an issue with walking speed. Don't get how people found it 'slow')

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Run speed always feels slow when you are bored and want to be where you are going. Neverwinter games were a pain in the ass because of that. I always had a Sorcerer with Haste just for running. DoS bugged me a little bit when I had to travel all the way out to somewhere and then run back. But it was never too far and the teleports made it ok for me.

p.s Yeah I think DoS2 is going to be the only good RPG this year. Not sure if Numanuma is out this year but that game is going to suck anyway. Like PoE but even worse combat and even cuckier dialogue.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Combat speed never really bothered me in D:OS but running across Cyseal a million times sure did. That area was wayyy too big for a shitty starter town.

Would've probably D1P the sequel if they had opted for full party creation instead of Bioware imaginary friends.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Combat speed never really bothered me in D:OS but running across Cyseal a million times sure did. That area was wayyy too big for a shitty starter town.

Would've probably D1P the sequel if they had opted for full party creation instead of Bioware imaginary friends.
You can customize your companions' starting skillset now.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Some of the problems with fights in the original was that they often took place in huge areas, with enemies and your party dispersed, idle animations made it hard to target enemies, skills and attack animations took way too long, turn speed was terrible.

Fights should be smaller, less enemies, better designed encounters, no idle animations, faster animations.

SniperHF

Arcane
Some of the problems with fights in the original was that they often took place in huge areas, with enemies and your party dispersed, idle animations made it hard to target enemies, skills and attack animations took way too long, turn speed was terrible.

Fights should be smaller, less enemies, better designed encounters, no idle animations, faster animations.

The fights in D:OS 2 are definitely not smaller in my experience. In some cases they can be larger even. However they did improve the encounters just by having the elevation element with the map design to match. Also the enemies past level 4 or so have a substantially larger bag of tricks in terms of skills and consumables than do D:OS 1 enemies. They are also more ruthless in terms of targeting weakened party members.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

The fights in D:OS 2 are definitely not smaller in my experience. In some cases they can be larger even. However they did improve the encounters just by having the elevation element with the map design to match. Also the enemies past level 4 or so have a substantially larger bag of tricks in terms of skills and consumables than do D:OS 1 enemies. They are also more ruthless in terms of targeting weakened party members.

Yeah... but that only adds to the fights being longer, like in the original, its fun a couple of times, but then it becomes a game breaking feature that turns off players from ever touching the game again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom