Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

eXalted

Arcane
Witcher 3 is unplayable for me without important mods like wrinkle remove:
I might dissapoint you, but women doesn't look like this, they have wrinkles and that's normal.
I just fear you won't endure them since wrinkles inevitable. Just, well, you know - procreate!
:what:

I reject that reality.

Zeriel

Arcane
Interesting, but where?
RPG-themed FidoNet groups. The term JRPG was pretty common there, and yes, it wasn't meant as a compliment. Although compared to Diablo and its clones, JRPGs were considered a lesser evil.

It was an extremely common term among the faggots I talked with back in that era. ICQ, chatrooms, forums, etc, anyone who played console RPGs at the time knew the term and used it. I dunno why Hobo Elf finds this so hard to believe, but there it is.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two games in the same poll with the same acronym. Every single time anyone wrote PoE in this thread, I read it as the wrong game. I move for Path of eternity be removed from future polls to prevent confusion.
Well, it is rather easy to distinguish.

PoE sucks -> must be Pillars Of Eternity
PoE is pretty good -> must be Path Of Exile

:smug:

-----
grading stuff
-----
And a bunch of other shovelware that I had pleasure to play or see my friends play in the past 4 years.
Rating stuff you've only seen played?

*SLAM!* Oh, what's that noise?
It was Bubbles, bailing out again, just about re-enter Codex.

Yeah i dont really need firsthand experience to deduct that sacred 3 is a piece of shit

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
AoD or Underrail not first? What is happening to the Codex?

For some bizarre reason, some polacs think it’s a matter of national pride having a polac popamole game with shitty gameplay and cosmetic C&C. They do everything they can to make it succeed because in their distorted heads, patriotism trumps merits. Others voted on it because they like popamole games and others because like having romances with fictitious NPCs, which is basically hentai level of cultural retardness. Anyway you look at it, it doesn’t tell a flattering picture of humankind. The next time you see some codexer complaining about the decline, check his votes first.

V_K

Arcane
at least 5 games that were rated by both
- of those shared games Ill get average delta and final result will be users with said avg delta less than 0.3?
I think it'd be reasonable to exclude the games that both rated 3 from these calculations - i.e. to take into account the games that at least one user feels strongly about.

Keppo

Arbiter
Polska strong and u are WRONG i guess, i forget to vote suprised that W3 won. It is very good game but with many papamole mechanics designed for consola gaymers like witcher senses to not get lost and uninstall after 30 minutes + these rushed question marks ye ye this shit was worst part in Witcher 3, some cuts there in there in story department, underdeveloped act 3 but yea yea. i actually think that there was good balance in gameplay and dialogue/cinematic in W3, def much better than in Witcher 2. Also there is not that much cinematic in W3 imho, and they are very well done so who fucking cares?

Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine improving Witcher 3 very much though, in every area. With expansions W3 is top3, maybe not top1 cause too much papamole.

But im taking this top1 because it is causing buthurts, i like when RPG CODEX is buthurt. hehe.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Two games in the same poll with the same acronym. Every single time anyone wrote PoE in this thread, I read it as the wrong game. I move for Path of eternity be removed from future polls to prevent confusion.
Well, it is rather easy to distinguish.

PoE sucks -> must be Pillars Of Eternity
PoE is pretty good -> must be Path Of Exile

:smug:

You think that's bad, I spent a huge number of posts on this site recently thinking I was reading about Wasteland 3, now I'm not even sure what I've been reading...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While fanboys of AoD and Underrail fought with each other mercilessly, potato took the advantage of the situation and struck by shock tactics. Nobody expected potato, and yet, here it was, #1 of all.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
While fanboys of AoD and Underrail fought with each other mercilessly, potato took the advantage of the situation and struck by shock tactics. Nobody expected potato, and yet, here it was, #1 of all.
I look at it differently, Age of Decadence was #2 in 2015 RPG Codex GOTY, is #2 in 2012-2016 GOTY so for the next "RPG Codex top 70 RPGs of all time" I predict it will also be #2 (Fallout 1 should be first, Arcanum 3rd). All according to keikaku.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I look at it differently, Age of Decadence was #2 in 2015 RPG Codex GOTY, is #2 in 2012-2016 GOTY so for the next "RPG Codex top 70 RPGs of all time" I predict it will also be #2. All according to keikaku.
VD forever cucked by that one better game. Must be pretty frustrating.

Got bored and left

For once, we learned a lesson from history. Divide and conquer!

I gave The Witcher a 5/5. I regret nothing. I am with the Decline and the Decline is with me.

Sizzle

Arcane
I look at it differently, Age of Decadence was #2 in 2015 RPG Codex GOTY, is #2 in 2012-2016 GOTY so for the next "RPG Codex top 70 RPGs of all time" I predict it will also be #2. All according to keikaku.
VD forever cucked by that one better game. Must be pretty frustrating.

VD acknowledges that his game isn't perfect. It's only rabid AoD fanboys who refuse to see it as anything but.

Tags: GOTY 2016; RPG Codex; RPG Codex Awards

Are RPGs better than 5 years ago? Has Kickstarter really delivered? Have indies done any great RPG? Are we getting more PC ports? Has the "Age of Incline" truly arrived?

Join us now as we analyze the results of our latest poll, where 800 users rated 200 RPGs from the past 5 years, and see just how real the hype really is.

Read the full article: The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

Props to felipepepe for putting out this graph of pure and utter madness, its beautiful !

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: GOTY 2016; RPG Codex; RPG Codex Awards

Are RPGs better than 5 years ago? Has Kickstarter really delivered? Have indies done any great RPG? Are we getting more PC ports? Has the "Age of Incline" truly arrived?

Join us now as we analyze the results of our latest poll, where 800 users rated 200 RPGs from the past 5 years, and see just how real the hype really is.

Read the full article: The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

Props to felipepepe for putting out this graph of pure and utter madness, its beautiful !

lol roqua

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
lol, it may not have been a good idea to make the votes public.

There are a lot of things wrong with this poll, that's but one example.

Anyone expecting an RPG Codex GOTY poll to be taken seriously need only take a look at the number of obvious troll votes, downvotes and fanboyish upvotes to realize that there's nothing *monocle* about the whole affair.

Do it right, or don't bother with it at all.

MrMarbles

Cipher
They say a society should be judged according to how it treats its weakest members. Wish AoD had taken first place ahead of Witcher 3, but at least you can take pride that Diablo 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, ME3 and Siege of Dragonspear were given the dogpiling that they deserve:salute::salute:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Legends of Eisenwald is terribly underrated and has a pretty undeserved place in the poll.

Templar Battleforce is also terribly underrated. I didn't expect that a lot of people played it, even though, I have to say that I would have thought those who actually did would have rated it higher.

Other than that, I don't have a lot to complain about the results. Don't care much for Witcher, Dark Souls or all these other ARPGs but I don't mind them either. The only thing that bothers me is the actual number of people who played Fallout 4 or Mass Effect over many more deserving games.

Malpercio

Arcane
so twelve hours of cutscenes and about 500 hundreds shitty "points of interest" is what it takes to win goty on codex?
lets disregard shitty combat, braindead quest design, awful character development system and illusory c&c.

but muh graphix, muh romances, muh barons questline!!! better writting than PST!!!:salute:

wezcie spierdalajcie na wykop polaczki jebane :M

The combat was a bit shitty but since when did that make a game less of a good RPG?

When you spend 90% of the game fighting.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
After looking at the full data, it's clear that people tried to manipulate it.

217 users (27.13%) have fewer than 10 posts, and 142 have 0.
70 users (8.75%) registered in January 2017.

Age of Decadence had 245 5/5 votes, but 57 came from that group. And no, these users didn't downvote AoD. Quite the opposite, actually: only 3 out of 217 gave it a 2/5 and 11 gave it a 3/5.

32787066305_f9c89c51af_o.png

Good job AoD fans - another poll successfully fucked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom